Medical Assistant Resume Sample
Phone # / Cell Phone #
Hardworking, energetic, and compassionate medical assistant equipped with office and clinical knowledge and skills coupled with more than 20 years experience in the medical industry. Maintain composure in critical situations; committed to providing high-quality patient care in a high-stress, rapidly changing environment through addressing patients’ needs, personal concerns, and safety issues in a prompt and professional manner. Demonstrated positive attitude and adaptability to change. Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel as well as skilled in Electronic Health Record database.
- Show remarkable ability in administering care to patient and rendering expert judgment during emergency situations; ensure quality and compliance of care within established standards.
- Possess dynamic communication skills; able to relate well with peers, patients, emergency room team, and physicians while keeping the needs of patient’s foremost in mind.
- Readily establish rapport with individuals of various ages and diverse cultures.
- Demonstrate exceptional leadership, negotiation, organization, and planning abilities.
- Self-motivated to work independently and unsupervised and equally effective as a team member; highly capable of motivating others.
- Identify and solve problems using available resources; flexible to changing priorities.
- Maintain calm, reassuring demeanor in high-risk and traumatic situations.
Jkl Medical Group, Jefferson City, MO
Medical Assistant | 2010-2018
- In charge of managing patient admission and all associated documentations, including updating insurance and entering updated medical records (vitals, weight, temperature pulse and heart rate) into the Electronic Health Record system; utilized strong communication skills in responding to patient queries over the phone.
- Skillfully administered injections, immunizations and allergy injections as well as changed wound dressings.
- Efficiently maintained patients’ proper hygiene and overall therapeutic environment.
- Performed catheterization, Electrocardiograph (EKG), and Pulmonary Function Test (PFT)
- Assisted in executing various surgical procedures, such as vasectomies, bladder treatments, lacerations and suturing, tubal ligations (Essure), bladder surgeries (Renessa), bladder instillation (Macroplastique), cervical freeze (cryotherapy), cervical biopsies (colposcopy), ear lavages, Colonoscopy, venipunctures (blood draws) as well as skin lesion removal, belly button piercing and spinal adjustments.
- Informed patients on various reactions to prescribed medications along with other medical information.
- Performed a variety of administrative and office support routines on a daily basis, including answering incoming calls, scheduling appointments, and filing documents.
Fgh Reception and Diagnostic Center,Fulton, MO
Medical Assistant | 2000-2010
- Produced and initiated inmate education in a classroom setting; administered TB testing and blood draws to inmate for intake purposes (infectious diseases).
- Furnished instructions and information for use in medications.
- Prepared examination room for intake physicals and took weight, height, temperature, blood pressure, as well as pulse and heart rate.
- Handled various clinical duties, such as rooming patients, monitoring vital signs, collecting specimens, and preparing patient charts.
- Trained and supervised new employees on the Medication Administration Record System (MARS).
- Assisted orthopedic surgeon in performing casting and bracing.
- Addressed patients’ orthopedic concerns through applying knowledge on back pain and other orthopedic assessments.
- Set up surgical procedures with outside surgical facilities.
- Oversaw adequate inventory of medical supplies and ensured all supplies were secured in locked cabinets; maintained updated daily logs.
Cde Hospital,Fulton, MO
Medical Assistant | 1998-2000
- Coordinated with seven specialist physicians on several office procedures.
Professional Training and Certifications
Medical Assistant Certification from the State ofMissouri
Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certification
Medical Administration Recording Training, Electronic Health Records (EHR)
Certified to administer immunizations and injections
Trained in performing EKGs and Pulmonary Function Tests (PFT)