Health must be one of the prime concerns of every country. Without it, people will suffer from illnesses which could affect their nation’s success. Thus, we need experts to help us achieve our goal. Do you want to work in the healthcare field? Then this might be the best career for you. Here are medical technologist resume examples and tips to guide you.
What is a Medical Technologist?
Medical technologists, more commonly known as med techs, perform laboratory testing, based on medical protocol. They use their skills to perform complex tests on a patient’s blood and bodily fluids. After checking each test, they work with doctors to complete a patient’s clinical data. These data are crucial in making a proper diagnosis. Aside from that, med techs also ensure the sanitation of medical kits. They make sure that every needle is clean to avoid future hazards.
The Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) says that careers in this field would grow at a rate of 16% between 2014–2024. Thus, this is the best time to start your career journey. Let us help you get your target job with this medical technologist resume sample.
Medical Technologist Resume Examples and Tips
Since this job offers good pay and a stable career, the race for this post is getting tighter. Thus, you must impress your hiring managers with a superb medical technician resume. Include your skills from the medical technologist job description. This will help your resume stand out from others. Also, sprinkle keywords all over your med tech resume to make it more optimized. It would also be helpful if you look for online samples to help you write.
Learn how to write a great med tech resume with our resume template:
Medical Technologist Resume Sample
Phone # / Cell Phone #
Hardworking, multifaceted, and performance-driven professional, with strong academic foundation and comprehensive years of experience in performing various laboratory examinations and test for disease treatment and diagnosis. Well-versed in reviewing and analyzing laboratory findings to determine results accuracy. Equipped with extensive background in identifying presence of normal and abnormal components through analysis of various laboratory tests. Expert in operating, calibrating, and maintaining equipment used in quantitative and qualitative analysis.
- Possess outstanding organizational skills and keen attention to detail, with proven effectiveness to prioritize and complete necessary tasks in a timely and professional manner.
- Able to build long-term quality relationships and foster mutual respect with all healthcare professionals, including physicians, surgeons, operating room and clinics staff.
- Firm commitment to profession; maintain knowledge of current technological advancements.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Laboratory Equipment, Operations, and Maintenance
Test Procedures and Completion
Regulatory Compliance and Standards
Problem Resolution and Decision-Making
Physician and Nurse Relations
Documentation and Compilations
EDUCATION AND CREDENTIALS
CERTIFIED MEDICAL TECHNOLOGIST
American Society for Clinical Pathology in Chemistry (cASCP), Dallas, TX
MEDICAL TECHNOLOGY SCHOOL
UVW University, Yakima, WA, USA
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN BIOLOGY, MINOR IN CHEMISTRY
VWX University, Cheney, WA, USA
DIPLOMA IN LABORATORY TECHNICIAN
WXY University, Amman, Jordan
COURSEWORK IN SALES, MANAGEMENT, AND MARKETING
- Significantly contributed in generating departmental referrals (send out laboratory) through assistance in sending all necessary samples to various specialized laboratory according to medical needs.
- Demonstrated proficiency in conducting numerous Auto Chemistry and Hematology samples per night through operation of Olympus AU5000 and AU5200 and six coulters GEN.S instruments.
- Maximized workflow of overall operations by troubleshooting equipment-related problems; handled the repair and maintenance of equipment.
- Applied standard procedures and made use of dimension instrument in completing an average of 300-500 Glucose Tolerance test per night.
Qrs Medical Center | Dallas, TX, USA
SEND OUT LABORATORY COORDINATOR/SENIOR MEDICAL TECHNOLOGIST | 2013-2015
- Ensured overall compliance with different reference laboratories by directing and coordinating the specimens flow within the Send Out Laboratory.
- Administered the creation and maintenance of updated inventory and reports as well as the release of specimen results on a regular basis.
- Developed productive relationship with various professionals by providing support to nurses and physicians in conducting difficult testing to track tests performed.
Xyz Medical City Hospsital | Dallas, TX USA
ASSISTANT SUPERVISOR | 2009-2013
- Ensured overall compliance with different reference laboratories by directing and coordinating the specimens flow within the Send Out Department.
- Applied best management approaches in organizing, coordinating, and assisting all MCD laboratory front desk operations as well as the Phlebotomy Department workflow.
- Utilized analytical thinking skills in identifying problems in doctor’s orders while overseeing the laboratory sample flow to different departments.
- Served as primary point of contact in determining and resolving laboratory work-related problems with nurses and physicians.
Abc Corp.,| Dallas, TX, USA
SENIOR MEDICAL TECHNOLOGIST, HEMATOLOGY DEPARTMENT | 2007-2009
MEDICAL TECHNOLOGIST, AUTO CHEMISTRY DEPARTMENT | 2001-2007
- Demonstrated proficiency in conducting numerous CBC samples per night through operation of six coulters GEN.S instruments as well as Auto Chemistry samples per night through operation of Olympus AU5000 and AU5200.
- Meticulously managed the verification and release of patients’ results and made necessary slides to be read manually.
- Supported technicians in operating instruments by conducting startup procedure for AU5000 and AU5200.
- Supervised the daily, weekly, and monthly maintenance of instruments to ensure excellent shape as per Olympus instructions.
Bcd Hospital | Amman, Jordan
SENIOR MEDICAL TECHNOLOGIST | 1993-1994
- Conducted various chemistry tests through manual usage of different types of chemistry kits and automated techniques.
Cde Floors Outlet | Dallas, TX, USA
PROFESSIONAL SALES REPRESENTATIVE | 2015-2018
DEF | Richardson, TX, USA
SALES MANAGER | 1999-2001
Efg Pharmaceutical Company | Amman, Jordan
SENIOR MEDICAL REPRESENTATIVE | 1994-1998
Ministry of Health | Saudi Arabia
LABORATORY TECHNICIAN | 1984-1989
Looking for senior medical technologist resume or other blogs related to medical technologist resume examples? Resume4Dummies has a variety of blogs and free resume templates for you. Visit our site and see our best resume writing service deals!