Non-Profit Organization Director Resume Sample
Phone # / Cell Phone #
NON-PROFIT ORGANIZATION DIRECTOR
Prospect Research and Management | Advancement Services | Project Management | Strategic Prospect Development and Analytics | Fundraising Benchmarking | Non-Profit Database | Institutional Collaboration Contract Negotiation | Career Development and Mentoring | Policy and Procedure Writing
- Successful track record in providing strategic direction and leadership in prospect research, data administration, and project management within non-profit organizations.
- Demonstrated adeptness in instituting workflow improvements and transforming departments and systems to achieve operational efficiency.
- Adept at providing clear direction and necessary coaching to ensure quality as well as on-time delivery of products and services.
- Expert internal and external trainer and presenter at local, regional and national conferences.
- Complex problem solver providing innovative, appropriate solutions to address client and organizational concerns.
DEF COMPANY ▪ Phoenix, AZ | (2016–Present)
Senior Manager, Prospect Research and Data Administration | (2018–Present)
The Donor/Data Administration has a yearly volume of 91,000 gifts, 15,000 calls, 13,000 e-mails, 10,000 tribute/memorial donations, and 11,000 business holiday cards while The Prospect Research Department data mines two national databases with a volume of over 2 million records as well as multiple chapter databases.
Oversee and provide expert direction to two departments, Prospect Research and Donor Care/Data Administration that identify, track, and recognize donors to the national organization. Supervise and mentor prospect researcher professionals, fundraising DBA and gift processing assistants, ensuring effective management of prospects amounting to more than 7,000 records, 40% of which are rated at over $150K wealth capacity/research qualified; assigning prospect pool of 600 field qualified records to fundraisers, with portfolio value worth $134M. Responsible for the development and management of combined expense budget worth more than $400K and render accountability for $740K revenue budget.
Prospect Research and Management
- Developed formulas that enabled prospect research office to create planned giving potential ratings and produce discovery wealth ratings across segments of the database, working closely with Planned Giving Office and by utilizing wealth screening data in a formulated way.
- Played a vital role in growing the culture of philanthropy and major gifts fundraising across the federated system in order to sustain the organization’s strategic long-term initiatives and goals through close collaboration with the Gift Officer and Senior Leadership in understanding and establishing prospect/donor profiles, describing behavioral patterns and level of commitment.
- Conceptualized and developed webinars, ecourses and presentations on prospect research, wealth screening, and Raiser’s Edge prospect management tracking best practices used to educate chapters and the national office.; including a hands-on Prospect Identification Workshop to 30 fundraising professionals in 2011
- Led the successful negotiation of the first fundraising shared service program at the national office, a multiple year contract with GG&A Donorscape and Wealth Screening Tool,
- Institutionalized the conduct of a wealth screening process for different donation capabilities of donors used by the Donor Relations Department to create a phone tree of stewardship protocol that ensured donors were appropriately thanked.
- Instrumental in the successful organizational transformation of an account driven gift recording structure to a donor centric fundraising structure; collaborating with the RE implementation specialists, Development, IT and Finance in reviewing current gift processing coding and structure.
- Led the rebuilding of the Donor Care/Gift Processing Department from the ground up, including the creation of a complete gift processing manual, building a new staffing model for the department and collaborating with Finance team for balancing and reconciliation of the Raiser’s Edge (RE) to Financial Edge (FE) batch posting Facilitated the historic cleanup of gift history within RE, transforming more than 300,000 gift records in a span of five years into new donor-centric coding within only three months.
- Partnered with consulting firm in completing the merge/purge cleanup process of 135,000 duplicate records identified within a Raiser’s Edge database of 600,000 in less than four months.
Cross-Department and Organization-Wide Collaboration
- Executed numerous workflow improvements by working with multiple departments, including provision of first automated comprehensive reports to chapters in partnership with IT and Finance;
- Provided prospect research and database assistance when chapters are in crisis and developed RE queries, exports, and reports to enable the chapter and the national chapter support team to raise funds and continue granting wishes.
Manager, Prospect Research and Management | (2016–2018)
- Spearheaded the creation of the first Prospect Research and Prospect Management program for the national office.
- Conducted the first comprehensive wealth screening of both national database donors and chapter house files; validating the sufficiency of national office’s prospect donor pool to be able to launch its first endowment campaign.
- Managed activities of both the fundraisers and the senior leadership team through creation of Prospect Management Tracking system within the Raiser’s Edge.
- Designed coding structure within Raiser’s Edge resulting in more effective fundraising reporting and accountability.
UNIVERSITY OF TUV FOUNDATION INC. ▪ Tampa, FL | (2006–2016)
Associate Director, Prospect Management and Research | (2011–2016)
Provided expert oversight and supervision on the day-to-day operations of the prospect management system; prioritizing and delegating tasks for the research staff. Ensured strict compliance with prospect management policies and procedures. Conducted peer review screening sessions with volunteers for targeted alumni, donor and prospect populations. Regularly conducted meetings among development officers/fundraisers and information management team members as well as established permanent liaison relationships between the research office and units served including leadership at the most senior level
- Rebuilt a department that had no standardized business practices for prospect identification or moves management. Instituted workflow improvements and reorganization, developing and implementing new policies and procedures for fundraisers and support staff. Authored a training manual for the Research office.
- Established a database process for identifying, communicating and tracking new research identified prospects resulting in the successfully identification of more than 300 new prospects with $100K+ capacity in one year.
- Conducted in-depth research of $1M+ capacity prospects and utilized data mining and predictive index models to identify new prospects for future fundraising opportunities that led to building a gift table to support a $600M capital campaign.
Director, Central Records | (2006–2011)
Led the administration of the division-wide Banner Database Training program. Ensured the effective streamlining of divisional processes. Supervised cashiers to validate accuracy of accounts, monitor performance and compliance to deadlines as well as address all financial transactional issues. Performed thorough assessment, confirmation, and processing of gifts and pledges for commitments as well as reconciled major endowments. Worked to create policies and streamline procedures in the gift processing arm of the foundation. Successful in restructuring the department toward a donor-centric focus while maintaining IRS regulations and CASE rules.
The Raiser’s Edge, BANNER/SCT Software, Lexis-Nexis, Foundation Center, NOZA, D&B Database, GG&A Donorscape, GuideStar, Basic SPSS, Rapid Insight, Microsoft Office, Basic Crystal Reports, SharePoint, Contract Negotiation, Built Webinars and eCourses for Prospect Research and Management Training
Bachelor of Arts in Psychology | UNIVERSITY OF TUV ▪ Tampa, FL
- Association of Professional Researchers for Advancement (APRA) | (2011–Present)
- Art work featured in Summer and Fall Shows: Southwest Institute of Healing Arts (SWIHA) ▪ Tempe, AZ | (2019)
- Painting featured at the School of Continuing Education: Paradise Valley Community College (PVCC) ▪ Phoenix, AZ | (2019)
- Make-A-Wish Foundation of Arizona | (2016–Present)
- Luv Shack Horse Rescue: ▪ Cave Creek, AZ | (2017–Present)
- Dreamchaser PMU Horse Rescue: ▪ New River, AZ | (2016–2018)
- Banner Heart Health Hospital ▪ Mesa, AZ | (2018)
- Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer 3-Day Walk ▪ Tampa Bay, FL | (2015)
- Arthritis Walk for the Arthritis Foundation ▪ Tampa Bay, FL | (2011–2014)