Paralegal Resume Sample
Phone # / Cell Phone #
An experienced paralegal, with a track record and expertise in preparing and compiling a wide array of legal documents, records with high degree of quality and accuracy. Detail-oriented professional with strong and well-honed administrative and legal documentation skills developed over long years of experience. Equipped with excellent research and client relations skills, coupled with the ability to effectively prioritize and manage a broad range of responsibilities. Highly effective leader now seeking to harness and enhance paralegal expertise in a challenging environment, contributing to legal goals and objectives exemplifying value added work.
Traffic Control Group, New York, NY
PARALEGAL/ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT | 2018-Present
- Key tasks include preparing and contacting various unions to obtain advisory opinions for foreign artists to legally work in the United States; and, gathering information and documentation to put together petitions to be filed with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services & NVC.
- Handle and complete forms for the O-1 & P-1 visas process, which involves communicating and foreign artists’ representatives to request coordinating documents and provide them with pertinent immigration requirements.
- Liaise between clients and attorneys, by answering client calls and forwarding them as appropriate.
- Assist attorneys with follow ups on cases; ensure needed documents and information is obtained prior to filing.
- Open, organize and maintain all paper and electronic files; send out invoices by the company; analyze legal material for internal use.
Elinor Drucker Rahmani, Esq., New York, NY
PARALEGAL / OFFICE MANAGER | 2010-2018
- Prepared Immigrant petitions (FAMILY BASED), Employment petitions (I-140) and Non-Immigrant petitions (Extensions of H-1B and B-1/B-2 Visas).
- Arranged documents for Immigration litigation (master and individual hearings); arranged and compiled cases for submission to USCIS and NVC. Integrated entire consular processing forms and documents.
- Initiated legal research for cases; proficiently drafted correspondence, forms for the E-B1&E-B2 process, cover letters, research memoranda, support letters, and affidavits; prepared Motions to Reopen and Reconsider with relation to Political Asylum Cases.
- In charge of administrative duties, including data entry, meetings coordination, travel arrangements, and correspondence drafting. Handled incoming and outgoing mails and interacted with clients, by providing them with the information necessary to file Immigration Visa petitions.
- Courteously and professionally responded to telephone calls; scanned documents; proofread materials; assembled and collected petty cash requests.
- Maintained and updated calendar with important court dates; administration of Legal Office.
- Booked conference rooms; tracked caseload calendar; and oversaw case statuses & noted deadlines.
Metropolitan Opera House, New York, NY
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE | 2009-2010
Mount Sinai Medical Center, New York, NY
GERIATRIC EDUCATIONAL DEPARTMENT INTERN | 2008-2009
BACHELOR OF ARTS IN CRIMINAL JUSTICE (cum laude) | 2013-2017
John Jay College of Criminal Justice, New York, NY
ASSOCIATE OF APPLIED SCIENCE IN PARALEGAL STUDIES | 2010-2012
LaGuardia Community College ? Long Island City, NY
Advanced in Microsoft Office Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook)