Patient Service Assistant Resume Sample
Phone # / Cell Phone #
Compassionate, patient-focused, and dedicated care provider, with unsurpassed commitment in providing quality respiratory therapy services to address health needs of individuals, families, groups, and communities. Exemplify in-depth knowledge of regulatory requirements and guidelines toward successful attainment of organizational mission and goals. Accustomed to building long-term quality relationships and fostering mutual respect to all patients and health care professionals. Enjoy challenges, possess a keen eye for detail, and capable to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Health Care Assessment and Treatment Plans
- Medical Document Compilation
- Administrative Support
- Patient Needs Assessment
- Outstanding Patient Care and Relations
- Medical Equipment Operations and Maintenance
- Time Management and Prioritization
- Problem Resolution and Decision Making
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS
Associate of Applied Science (AAS) in Respiratory Therapy | LMN College, Garden City, NY | 2011
Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) | CPR Certified through American Heart Association
Certified Respiratory Therapist | Registered Respiratory Therapist (Pending)
Medical Intensive Care Unit (ICU): NOP University Medical Center
Surgical Intensive Care: NOP University Medical Center / WXYZ University Hospital
Pulmonary Rehabilitation /Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU): WXYZ University Hospital
Cardiothoracic Unit: PQR Hospital
Long Term Management: GHI Center
Sleep Studies: STU Center
Pediatric: Lmno Center
- Rendered high level of assistance on the following:
- patients’ assessment and suction airway procedures
- drawing, analyzing, and interpreting arterial blood gas
- aerosol drug administration through small volume, ultrasonic nebulizer, and MDI
- securing artificial airway and cuff management
- providing and troubleshooting invasive and noninvasive mechanical ventilation
- weaning patients from mechanical ventilation
- Performed oxygen therapy through N/C, air entrainment mask, and aerosol mask.
- Carried out manual ventilation during patient transport.
Lmno Center | New Hyde Park, NY | 2006–Present
Patient Service Assistant | 2007–Present
- Execute various administrative duties, including resolving patient issues and preparing paperwork, prescriptions, and messages.
- Pivotal in receiving prior approval for MRIs, medications, and surgeries.
- Arrange doctors schedule for surgeries and appointments; modify schedules when necessary.
Unit Receptionist | 2006–2007
- Courteously welcomed and registered incoming patients in the hospital’s outpatient surgical unit.
- Transcribed doctor’s orders, completed patient’s charts, and ordered supplies for the surgical unit.
- Built and cultivated long-term quality relationships with patients and their family by ensuring their utmost satisfaction.
- Exemplified capability to work in a fast-paced environment while simultaneously preserving strict confidentiality of patient’s information.
Company UVW | Brooklyn, NY
Customer Service Associate | 1999–2006
- Regularly interacted with customers to provide prompt response to inquiries, as well as to address complaints under time constraints.
- Instrumental in processing various financial transactions for bank customers as well as in sorting inter-office mails.
- Supported branch management in prospecting for new business through referrals.
- Greeted incoming visitors; actively responded to inquiries through phone, as well as took detailed and accurate messages for transmission to appropriate bank personnel.
- Met with customers to assist them in completing their bank documents as well as in retrieving their data from the banking system.