Patrolman Resume Sample
Phone # / Cell Phone #
People-oriented, hardworking, and dedicated police officer, with solid academic foundation, tactical training, and law enforcement experience. Equipped with extensive background in patrol and traffic operations, criminal investigations, as well as community and support services. Possess innate ability to lead, train, and supervise new officers in enforcing laws and ordinances for the police department. Expert in interpreting laws, ordinances, and court decisions related to enforcement activities. Acquired outstanding communication and interpersonal skills; adept at establishing and maintaining good relationships with the general public, city officials, and various individuals to provide protection and stability. Well-versed in coordinating investigative activities at crime scenes or during significant and unusual events.
- Received commendation for outstanding performance as well as exemplifying exceptional situational problem-solving and analytical skills, professionalism, and integrity at all times.
- Demonstrated outstanding observation, sound judgment, and resourcefulness in identifying and resolving complaints and inquiries in a timely and efficient manner.
- Diplomatically collaborated with various officials in developing and implementing operational procedures toward successful achievement of strategic goals and objectives.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Law Enforcement and Principles
Tactical Planning and Investigative Research
Public Safety and Citizen Service
Regulatory Compliance and Standards
MASTER OF ADMINISTRATIVE SCIENCE, ONGOING
Fairleigh Dickinson University, Teaneck, NJ
BACHELOR OF ARTS IN CRIMINAL JUSTICE, 2014
Rutgers University, Camden, NJ
- Traffic Crash Reconstruction
- Defensive Tactics
- Police Training Commission (PTC) Certification
- New Jersey Motor Vehicle Commission (NJMVC) Documentation/Identification Fraud Initiative
- Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) Hostage Negotiator Course
- Basic Narcotics for Police Officers
- Radar Certification
- Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) Basic Narcotics School (2 Weeks)
- FBI Inter-county Detective School
- Child Fatality Investigations
- Field Training Officer Certification
- Child Abuse for the Detective and Patrol Officer
- Bicycle Training
- Crash Investigation I and II
- Driving While Intoxicated (DWI) Standardized Field Sobriety Testing
- Vehicle Dynamics
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) Graded Emergency Worker Decon Operations
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certification
- Alcotest 7110
- Basic Fingerprinting and Defensive Tactics
GENERAL PATROL PROCEDURE AND SERVICES
- Successfully identified the getaway vehicle used by a suspect who attempted to rob a bank and conducted a high-risk operation to locate and take the suspect into custody.
- Closely monitored assigned areas to provide assistance and security to individuals, secure properties, ensure adherence of the community to existing laws, and apprehend law breakers.
- Intensified patrol visibility to prevent potential crime or identify crime in progress through observing the entire area either on foot or in patrol car.
- Conducted surveillance operations to monitor persons suspected of unlawful activities; coordinated with supervisor and detectives to report significant information in order to facilitate investigative procedures.
- Provided safe community environment by decisively enforcing laws and principles.
- Gained confidence and support from community members by promoting goodwill through casual talk with people, resolving problems, administering citizen’s referrals to other services, and identifying situations requiring police actions.
- Guaranteed safe and efficient emergency service operations by controlling the crowd at emergency scenes and complying with established procedures.
- Established trust within the community through development and cultivation of relationships.
- Directed strategic efforts in identifying community problems and generating effectual solutions.
- Designated to Amity Heights Apartment Complex to provide patrol coverage in a community policing manner and coordinate with the management of Amity Heights to address current issues in the complex.
- Resolved dispute and prevented recurrence by discussing possible solutions with parties involved through referring them to appropriate service and explaining legal recourse.
TRAFFIC CONTROL AND MANAGEMENT
- Coordinated the direction and re-routes of vehicle and pedestrian traffic at emergency scenes at high volume traffic locations and at school crossings through hand signals, flares, and/or barricades to secure safety of pedestrians as well as smooth traffic flow.
- Managed the ordering of ambulance, wrecker, and other emergency equipment needed at an accident scene, resulting to prompt response and preparedness to any emergency situations.
LAW ENFORCEMENT AND PRINCIPLES/INVESTIGATIVE TECHNIQUES
- Interfaced and communicated with witnesses after an incident; sustained constant communication with individuals within the area to gather information for further investigation.
- Handled the collection and labeling of evidence taken from the crime scene; applied departmental procedures to preserve evidence.
- Employed administrative skills in performing office and field work to serve and execute writs and other legal papers and documents, including court orders, summonses, writs of attachment, writs of replevin, writs of arrest and indictment, and such other documents directed to the Sheriff.
- Conducted physical search to secure safety of officer.
- Gained extensive experience on how to search and deal with new informants while maintaining strategic relationships with them.
COURT TESTIMONY: PREPARATION AND APPEARANCE
- Compiled and completed documents, reports, and other evidence related to the case as well as reviewed all reports and notes in preparation for court appearance; delivered accurate and effective testimony through close collaboration with other officers, supervisors, solicitors, and witnesses.
- Demonstrated expertise in conducting gang and narcotics investigations as well as executing search warrants.
- Performed undercover work, such as buying drugs in plain clothes.
- Supervised the maintenance of information from confidential informants.
- Exemplified versatility and multitasking skills in performing diverse tasks, such as maintaining order and security in the courtroom, serving court processes, identifying criminals, performing investigations and apprehension of violators of the law.
- Led and escorted prisoners in the courtroom; subdued, restrained, and physically removed unruly individuals from a courtroom.
- Thoroughly checked and inspected citizens’ items before coming into the courthouse for security.
Bridgeton Police Department, Bridgeton, NJ
NEIGHBORHOOD RESPONSE OFFICER, NEIGHBORHOOD RESPONSE TEAM B, 2018-PRESENT
UNIFORM PATROL OFFICER, 2012-2014/2014-2018
POLICE DETECTIVE, 2014
Gloucester County-Sherrif’s Department | Woodbury, NJ
SHERIFF’S OFFICER, 2011-2012
AWARDS AND HONORS
Unit Citation Medal
Honorable Service Medal
Life Saving Medal
Microsoft Office Suite: Excel and Word | Typing Speed: 74 wpm