Prison Guard Resume Sample
Phone # / Cell Phone #
Security Management – Conflict Resolution – Regulatory Compliance
SECURITY CLEARANCE: SECRET
Experienced and accomplished professional offering extensive years of progressive leadership and real-world operational experience. Exhibit advanced expertise in correctional security and law enforcement. Deliver consistent, positive bottom-line results through high-stake decisions-making, complex security issue resolution, and large-scale correctional management. Thrive at establishing productive relationships with all levels of individuals from diverse backgrounds while simultaneously rendering exemplary client services as well as leading and motivating cross-functional teams. Demonstrate hardworking nature; able to multitask effectively within fast-paced, high pressure, sensitive, and exceedingly demanding environments. Currently holds Secret clearance from DoD.
TRIPLE CANOPY, City, State
Force Protection Specialist | 2018-PRESENT
- Oversee the entire efforts in controlling access on and off the base; explored vehicles for contraband and bombs.
- Functioned as a man tower with M-4 rifle, monitoring and maintaining the security of the entire facility.
- Held accountability in driving across the perimeter of the base with M-9 pistol and monitoring camera in the tower.
ARMORE GROUP (U.S EMBASSY), AFGHANISTAN
Emergency Response Team (ERT) Member | 2018
- Served as a member of a 6 man E.R.T team, who initially responds to any and all emergency within and around the Embassy in Kabul Afghanistan.
- Performed clearing of rooms one by one until to find insurgent, responded to a fire to clear the building and ensure all rooms were cleared of personal.
- Responded to breaches from outside; trained to do convoy escorts of high profile personal.
ITT FORCE PROTECTION, City, State
Force Protection Specialist | 2015-2016 AND 2017-2018
- Managed all efforts in controlling access on and off the base; searched vehicles for contraband and bombs.
- Served as a man tower with M-4 rifle, monitoring and maintaining the security of the entire facility.
- Assumed full responsibility in driving around the perimeter of the base armed with M-9 pistol and monitoring camera in the tower.
- Patrolled the perimeter of the base looking for any signs of discrepancy and for any one being close to the fence and reporting that to the FPOC supervisor.
ABC COMPANY, CHATTANOOGA, TN, USA
Truck Driver | 2016
- Efficiently transferred freight from the shipper to consignee in a safe operating manner.
- Administered and maintained shipping papers and log bog.
DEPARTMENT OF CORRECTIONS, City, State
Lieutenant (LT) | 2015
- Served as the second in command to the watch commander; assisted in supervising 20 officer during the shift.
CORRECTIONAL CENTER, City, State
Correctional Officer | 2011-2015
- Provided expert oversight to inmate movements; placed inmates to their appropriate and designated cell; monitored feeding, shower, and exercise hours; scanned and passed mail; as well as took inmates to medical clinic and concealer, as necessary.
- Performed inmate counts as well as cell and pat down searches in order to prevent, monitor, or quickly respond to any prison escapes.
- Implemented department policies and procedure.
- Played a leadership role in managing A & R 2 with 160 units of high max inmates, along with two other officers.
- Served as an integral member of the Cell Extraction Response Team (CERT), monitoring the administration of penalties to unruly and uncooperative inmate.
- Held accountable for taking inmates from the prison to their appointments, such as medical and dental consultations or court meetings, in collaboration with other officers.
CORRECTIONAL FACILITY, City, State
Correctional Officer | 2011
- Oversaw the entire Unit 5 (Segregation Unit), managing inmates who violated prison policy and enforcing cooling off time for inmates.
- Worked in collaboration with 4 other officers in organizing movement throughout the unit.
- Administered the completion of delegated paper work as well as the distribution of hygiene items.
- Delivered exceptional service in escorting inmates in full shackles to visiting medical, dental, and case counselors as well as to the lieutenant officers.
- Participated in and significantly contributed to the Response Team.
CORRECTIONAL CENTER, City, State
Correctional Officer/Compound Officer | 2009-2010
- Provided professional oversight in an all-female facility comprised of 4 housing units (Unit 3, 4, 5, and Administration); performed roving duty throughout the yard to identify any unusual signs of troubles or contraband.
- Assumed full responsibility in releasing inmates to the dining hall and monitoring pill line.
- Accompanied visitors coming in and out of the prisons.
- Conducted security check inside and outside the prison along with checking the perimeter fence.
XYZ COMPANY., HAMPDEN, ME, USA
STATE PRISON, City, State
UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS RESERVE, City, State
Associate of Science in Criminal Justice, Concentration in Law Enforcement
BCD COLLEGE, BANGOR, ME
Commercial Driver’s License (CDL)
ABC SCHOOL, METHUEN, MA
Recitation Course for Commercial Trucking CDL (2016)
MNO TECHNICAL SCHOOL, GUNTERSVILLE, AL
Embassy Security Force Training Program (90 Hours)
M4 Carbine | Glock 19 Weapon Training Programs (40 Hours)
Emergency Response Team Training Program (95 Hours)
Colorado Department of Corrections – Correction Training Academy
Basic Training for Correctional Staff – Basic Firearms (24 Hours)
Basic Training for Correctional Staff (128 Hours with 32 Hours PPCT)
Oklahoma Department of Corrections
Training for Trainers (40 Hours)
Correctional Officer Pre-Service Training
Maine State Prison
Entry-Level Firearms Program
Maine Criminal Justice Academy
Certificate of Completion (Basic Corrections School)
Certificate of Eligibility-Corrections Officer
American Safety & Health Institute
Quality Safety and Health Programs Basic Instructor Certification
Council on Law Enforcement Education and Training (CLEET)
Certification for Glock 19 and Ruger P89DC
Training Exemption Certificate | Certificate of Achievement (Classroom Safety Course) – Oklahoma Self Defense Act
AWARDS AND HONORS
Top Gun Marksmanship Award