Aiming a general manager job post in a private country club? Know that competition in this industry is tougher now. But no matter how challenging it is to land a job in this sector, your goal is still attainable. You only need a strong application. To do this, your resume must be impressive and effective. Thus, we’ve prepared the best private country club general manager resume examples and resume writing tips for you. Use them to your own advantage!
Private Country Club General Manager as a Job
You may ask: What are the tasks of a private country club general manager? Well, the scope of their duty includes the golf course, tennis courts, fitness centers, swimming pools, snack bars, bar and restaurant. The responsibility is quite huge, right? Generally, they lead the team toward company success. They must be good in client relations to retain and gain more members. Also, skills in budget administration, vendor negotiations, and renovation project management are required for this job.
With these, are you ready to take on the challenge? It may be hard but this job is fulfilling. Do you know how much they make? The average salary of private country club general manager is $78,987, as per PayScale. Yes, they earn big! That’s why you need to do your best in your application.
Before you start your resume, take a look at our private country club general manager resume sample. It will surely help you in building your own resume.
One of the Best Private Country Club General Manager Resume Examples
Private Country Club General Manager Resume Sample
Phone # / Cell Phone #
Seasoned, proactive, and versatile management professional, offering more than 16 years of extensive experience in strategic planning, business development, and operations management. Possess analytical and sound decision making skills in determining business risks, providing pioneering solutions, and leading the implementation of corrective action plans in high-volume settings. Demonstrate award-winning career in accelerating sales and revenue while optimizing market share. Recognized as motivator and relationship-builder, with strong organization skills, great work ethic, and commitment to excellence. Display technical skills in MS Word and Excel, QuickBooks, GHIN, KRONOS Payroll system, JD Edwards Accounting, Everest, SAGE Sales, Digital Dining, Pro Shop, IBS POS, Great Plains Accounting, EZLinks Tee Times, and Web-Clock Payroll.
- Profit and Revenue Maximization
- Organizational Growth
- Business Development
- Budget Management
- Program Coordination
- Accounting and Finance
- Member Satisfaction
- Process Optimization
- Strategic Planning
- Conflict Resolution
Efgh Country Club, Medina, OH
GENERAL MANAGER, Private Country Club | Feb 2017-Present
Assume full responsibility in managing all financials of the $2.6M/16,000 round facility. Execute golf course audits on a daily basis, ensuring exceptional playing conditions for members.
- Boosted revenue by 5% in 2009 then subsequently increased by 4% in 2010, registering 58 memberships in 2009 and adding 105 in 2010
- Launched a 10-round Guest Round Certificates for members to obtain referrals, marketing 160 books in 60 days, which is equivalent to $72K in additional revenue
- Accumulated total earnings of $115,500 for effectively selling 250 Guest Round Certificates in a 6-week timeframe in 2010
- Trimmed down member attrition to 5.2% in 2009, operating expenses by 10% in 2009, and additional expense reduction of 10% in 2010
- Increased net operating income by 20% in 2009 and another 8% in 2010
- Demonstrated unparalleled performance in achieving and/or surpassing goals as evident in the acceptance of a 95% member satisfaction rating
Abc Golf Corporation / Ghi Country Club, Grove City, OH
GENERAL MANAGER, Private Country Club | Jan 2015-Jan 2017
Administered overall finances of the $1.65M/14,500 rounds private facility. Managed weekly payroll for the entire staff comprised of 66 crews and 6 department heads.
- Recruited 62 new members that generated 8% increase in revenue, exceeding projected goals in 2016
- Decreased payroll by 11% and other expenses by 7% in 2016, without compromising member service quality
- Played a pivotal role in elevating net operating income by 15%
- Successfully maximized overall sales from $264,000 to $308,000 through expert oversight and analysis of direct competitors’ pricing, strategies, and programs
- Created and implemented the Member Retention Program, resulting in 15% reduction in membership attrition while achieving 90% member satisfaction in the 2016member survey
- Consistently conducted weekly kitchen inspection log that surpassed established health standards and earned a score of 97% from Everclean in 2015
- Augmented food and beverage revenue from 4% in 2006 to 29% in 2016
Abc Golf Corporation-Hij Golf Course, Springboro, OH
GENERAL MANAGER, Public Golf Course | Jul 2014-Dec 2014
Monitored all financials of the $2.06M/40,000 rounds public facility budget. Directed 70 employees and 6 department heads in the timely execution and completion of assigned tasks on a daily basis. Prepared daily, weekly, and monthly reports for American Golf Corporation and City of Springboro.
- Minimized labor costs by 12% or $109K by expertly overseeing and auditing bi-weekly payroll for the entire facility staff of 76
- Boosted merchandise sales by 10% through initiation and development of new and effective merchandising strategies
Stuv Restaurant and Golf Course Inc., Adams, NY
OWNER / CLUB MANAGER | May 2001-Dec 2013
Managed and developed a $1M renovation project, expanding the original 9-hole golf course into 18 holes. Oversaw the processing of payroll for a staff of 30.
- Generated above $100K increase in Golf Shop sales
- Immediately responded to issues that streamlined operations and enhanced company image through constant monitoring of competitors
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
BACHELOR OF ARTS IN PSYCHOLOGY
RST University, Rochester, NY
AMERICAN GOLF GENERAL MANAGER TRAINING
ABC University, Santa Monica, CA
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
- Eagle Golf Private Course of the Year (Fox Meadow Country Club): 2018
- Eagle Golf General Manager of the Year Nomination: 2016 & 2017
- Selected to Eagle Golf General Manager Council: 2016
- Eagle Golf Management Best of the Best Award: 2016
Eagle Golf Management
New York State Golf Association Committee
Use our resume builder to create yours now!
Be the Next Private Country Club General Manager of Your Target Company!
You are on for a big challenge now. Start building your resume through private country club general manager resume examples. Also, here are the points you should remember in resume writing:
- Write a direct qualifications profile.
- List your core competencies.
- Highlight your professional experience.
- Give value to education and training.
- Present your key accomplishments in numbers.