Production Scientist Resume Sample
Phone # / Cell Phone #
Analytical and competent professional with a solid foundation of biochemistry and experience in performing various laboratory functions for an oil company. Demonstrate adeptness in ensuring strict compliance of all tasks and projects with quality-control guidelines, as well as with laboratory health and safety standards. Proven track record of strong work ethic, evidenced through flawless attendance and promptness of work performed, as well as through quick learning and quality outputs. Possess excellent research and communication skills, with keen attention to detail. Highly reliable team player, equipped with interpersonal and communication abilities, always ready to assist team members to ensure success in the laboratory and work effectively with all levels of management. Well-versed with different software for instruments and possess excellent computer skills.
Bachelor of Science in Biochemistry: 2011
University of NOPQ | Cedar Falls, IA
Biochemistry, Instrumental Analysis, Quantitative Analysis, Genetics
Coursework in Computer Programming: 2002
ABCD College of Business, Des Moines, IA
KEY SCIENTIFIC AND LABORATORY SKILLS
- Accustomed to strictly complying with standard operating procedures and specific instructions.
- Possess thorough knowledge and experience in adhering to all requirements for health, cleanliness, personal practices, and quality control sampling.
- Experienced in conducting test protocols and procedures.
- Familiar with ISO documentation, work instructions, and reporting requirements.
LABORATORY TECHNICIAN, Northland Lab
LMNO Products Co., Waterloo, IA | 2010-Present
- Prepare and run used oil samples by conducting inductively coupled plasma mass spectrometry (ICP-MS), Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy (FT-IR), and running each sample on an automated viscometer.
- Check used oil samples for diesel content through gas chromatography-mass spectrometry (GC-MS); measure oxidative stress using TAN/TBN titrations and cleanliness by particle count testing.
- Inspect samples of outgoing or incoming truck of used oil for chlorine concentration using a test kit.
- Prioritize quality control oil samples and test their viscosities at 100 °C and 40 °C, prep and run it on the ICP, and on the cold crank simulator if it is engine oil.
- Conduct data collection and encode data to check if it is within the target range of specifications for a certain formulation of oil.
- Track and monitor all waste disposals generated from quality control analysis that are certified to the ISO 9001 standard in accordance with the ISO 1001 environmental management system.
- Perform clerical tasks, such as cleaning and restocking the laboratory for the next day, including refilling solvents, preparing TAN/TBN titrator solvents, pipettes, discarding waste and garbage, cleaning viscometer tubes, wiping down counters, cleaning the ICP injector, filtering toluene, and filling particle count bottles with clean fluid.
Butcher, Meat Department
Fghi Stores, Inc., Waverly, IA | 2002-2010