Proofreader Resume Sample
Phone # / Cell Phone #
Well-qualified for positions requiring excellent translating and proofreading skills to meet organizational objectives.
Detail-oriented, meticulous and focused professional with proven track record of success in providing superior editing, translation, proofreading and administration skills. Successful in drafting well written, grammatically correct and accessible documents. Show competency in proofreading and translating English documents to Spanish while demonstrating attention to detail. Recognized for delivering deadline-critical projects on-time; accustomed to handling multiple tasks while maintaining adherence to company and professional standards. Possess exceptional written communication, grammar and editing skills with strong ability to express thoughts clearly and effectively in both oral and written form. Bilingual in English and Spanish. Willing to travel inside or outside the United States.
CAREER WORK PATH
Abc Company., Houston, TX
Web Content Manager | Jan 2011-Present
Writer | Sept 2014-Dec 2018
Writer | Jan 2013-Aug 2014
- Create, develop, proofread and upload web content for the website www.semananews.net, on a daily basis.
- Select relevant news to include each category of the website and entertainment section (printed edition) through selecting and applying the reporter criteria.
- Assume full responsibility in editing and modifying images using image manipulation software for websites.
- Accurately write stories/feature articles to be published on the Entertainment Section for the printed edition of the newspaper/magazine.
- Gather accurate and reliable information through phone or in-person interviews from public relations agencies and different organizations from Houston and the country.
- Proofread own articles and the whole newspaper before printing.
- Efficiently edit videos taken by the newspaper’s reporters using the Premiere Pro software.
- Facilitate the uploading and publishing of digital edition of the newspaper.
- Performs other job appropriate duties in a competent, courteous and professional manner.
- Interview various famous personalities and gain strong relationship with agencies that are responsible of promoting artists and events as well as famous record labels, films and TV companies which include PR from Sony Music Latina, Warner Music Latina, EMI Capitol Latin, Universal Music Latino, Arenas Entertainment, PBS, and the main cultural institutions from Houston.
- Successfully ranked the website in the position 900,000 from the initial 2 million on www.alexa.com for websites among worldwide websites.
- Functioned as the only person in charge of the website, with responsibilities in handling all the content election and upload.
- Corrected all grammatical errors through paying extra attention to details.
- Oversaw overall newspapers production for two weeks; efficiently completed assigned tasks on time with no problems reported to the supervisors.
- Completed both digital and printed portfolio that were available by request.
Cde Company, Houston, TX
Reporter/Temporary Entertainment Editor | Jul 2018-Present
- Administered the scheduling of daily assignments to reporters.
- Ensured good judgment in generating decisions regarding last minute news that developed in change of the whole section or main news to be published.
- Gathered necessary information in conducting interviews by phone or in person. Wrote the stories/feature articles to be published on the next edition.
- Selected and applied the reporter criteria in choosing the most important news that will be included on each of the categories of the Entertainment Section of the newspaper.
- Created a positive relationship with Public Relations agencies and different organizations from Houston and the country to better position the newspaper among the community.
- Functioned as the proofreader for own articles along with the whole Entertainment Section.
- Covered the Entertainment Editor position with two co-workers under supervision for the section.
- Assumed full responsibility in immediately reorganizing the whole section and the cover of a specific edition of the newspaper that highlighted the life and career of Celia Cruz, which needed a second round printing due to high demands from the readers.
Efg Agency, Mendoza, Argentina
Spanish Language/Literature Teacher | Feb 2016-Feb 2018
- Encouraged students to read and write through employment of interactive classroom activities.
- Ensured compliance with study plans sent by the Dirección General de Escuelas which was similar to the SBEC in the United States.
- Handled the preparation of material from diverse sources in creating worksheets.
- Guaranteed that the objective of meeting grammar awareness and language proficiency were met.
- Worked with underprivileged students in the province of Mendoza, with ages ranging from 12 and 17 years old.
Volunteer Spanish Teacher for Professionals and Travelers, Houston, TX
- Prepared and compiled all material from diverse sources in support to the creation of worksheets.
- Ensured objective of meeting grammar awareness and language proficiency.
- Collaborated with adult students in delivering one-on-one advanced Spanish lessons.
- Successfully taught various individuals in learning Spanish language.
Office Assistant for three Executives, Part-time Reporter, Esparza & Associates, Houston, TX
Bachelor of Arts in Communications | GPA: 3.29
XYZ University, School of Journalism, Mendoza, Argentina | 2011-2016
Higher Technician in Broadcasting, emphasis in Radio and TV Production
XYZ University, School of Journalism, Mendoza, Argentina | 2008-2011
National Association of Hispanic Journalists: NAH Region 5 Conference
The Future of Journalism Backpack Journalism, Multimedia Reporters | 2018
Texas Education Association, Texas Teachers Alternative Certification Program
Completed various courses and test approved to teach Spanish 6-12 | 2016
Literacy Advance of Houston, Three Levels
Completed various English courses | 2011
AWARDS AND HONORS
- Received various recognition letters from the Argentinean and Colombian Consulates due to the relevance of the written articles, which were seen not only in the United States but on the mentioned countries.
- Earned thank you letters from various organizations, which included Houston Ballet, Children’s Museum of Houston, Miller Outdoor Theater, and many other cultural institutions in Houston.
Knowledgeable of video camera use and some editing process using Macintosh: Premiere Pro and Adobe Suite
Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Publisher | Internet | Data Entry: 136 KPM | 10-Key: 107 KPM