Radiologic Technologist Resume Sample
Phone # / Cell Phone #
RADIOLOGIC TECHNOLOGIST (X-RAY | CT | MRI)
Experienced radiologic technologist, with more than five years of background in administering X-ray, CT, and MRI procedures. Well-versed in radiation physics, chemistry, and use of hazardous substances; knowledgeable of anatomy and physiology, radiologic positioning, radiology protocol, and radiation safety procedures.
- Great team player with proven track record of success in producing quality outputs with minimal technical supervision.
- Compassionate health worker, with the ability to empathize with patients and sound capability to communicate and educate them about procedures and diagnosis.
- Remain calm and professional amidst highly stressful environments, such as large level 1 trauma hospital and emergency departments.
- Proficient in PACS Imaging archive, DICOM storage systems, propriety hospital patient transportation system, and billing systems.
- Performed a variety of technical procedures applying ionizing radiation for radiological diagnosis.
- Upheld the highest standards of practice in executing routine diagnostic imaging procedures in accordance to departmental protocol, policy, and procedures; worked collaboratively with other members of the health care team to maintain superior patient care delivery.
- Assisted physicians in implementing procedures and administering contrast media.
COMPUTED TOMOGRAPHY (CT)
- Complied with hospital standards and practices in performing CT examinations; worked with patients from all ages in a variety of settings, including level one trauma unit.
- Applied practical knowledge in CT equipment and imaging along with documentation software, including PACS Imaging Archive and DICOM storage in delivering completed exams of patients.
- Handled the monitoring of patients, verifying with doctors any unclear or incorrect prescriptions.
- Performed marking scans for certain brain procedures.
MAGNETIC RESONANCE IMAGING (MRI)
- Consistently complied with existing and established protocol, policy, and procedures in performing MRI exams.
- Stayed abreast with the latest procedures and administration of contrast media, including breast MRI and breast biopsy to efficiently assist physicians.
PATIENT CARE & EDUCATION
- Ensured that patients are provided with high-level accommodation and comfort by working closely with fellow health care staff.
- Utilized general and specialized imaging modalities in providing patient care services under minimal technical supervision from physicians.
- Put patients’ safety first at all times, especially when transferring and positioning them for examination.
- Rendered assistance in completing high volume of quality procedures and maintaining high level of patient care in this state-of-the-art $8 billion global health care organization.
- Performed administrative and quality assurance functions, ensuring the accuracy of patient records and maintaining quality assurance in the provision of services.
- Ran preparatory and quality control scans; prepared supplies, such as towels, sheets, pillows, positioning pads, IV supplies, and bandages; handled room scheduling; and ensured safety of equipment.
MRI Intern | Feb 2018-Jul 2018
ABC Woman’s Hospital, Pittsburgh, PA
Computed Tomography Technologist | Jul 2012-Apr 2013
ABC Medical Center, Pittsburgh, PA
Radiologic Technology Intern | Jun 2010-Jul 2012
CDE Passavant Hospital, Pittsburgh PA
Diploma on Radiologic Technology: 2012
ABC School of Radiologic Technology, Pittsburgh, PA
Certificate in Magnetic Resonance Imaging: 2018
EFG College, Allegheny, PA
Certificate of Completion, Computed Tomography: 2012
EFG COLLEGE Allegheny, PA
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration Business Information Systems: 1996
HIJ University, Pittsburgh, PA
Member, American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT)
Volunteer, National Kidney Foundation
Volunteer, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center
(UPMC) Presbyterian Hospital