Employees give utmost importance to their safety in the workplace. Since risks and hazards are common in our daily shifts, we have to craft sound solutions that rid us of these potential dangers. Here’s where top security advisers come in. These experts focus not on the production but on making sure everyone in the company is safe and secure. Are you aspiring to be one? Then, heed only the best security adviser resume examples and resume tips you can find.
Security Adviser Job Description
Security advisers ensure the safety of their firm’s workers by teaming up with the HR department to give consultation and services to the entire workforce and workplace. This job is so wide range, it includes securing capital assets and private details of the firm. These are done by giving strategic ways, tactical, and disaster recovery plans. Below are the details of security adviser’s tasks.
- Create first-rate security measures for the firm
- Craft safety plans for long-term goals
- Maintain the firm’s safety mediums
- Enhance security standards
- Partake to the growth of annual inspection programs
- Ensure the safety plans’ growth and review activity results
- Safeguard security travel arrangements—including travel itineraries
Surely, you can perform these duties once you’ve mastered the required skills for this post. To help you prepare, here are the top security adviser skills you must possess.
Security Adviser Skills
- Client rapport management
- Intruder detection
- Knowledge of info security policies
- Written and verbal skills
- Attention to detail
- Reporting skills
Security Adviser Requirements
- At least two years of experience in a consultative position
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Technical skills
- IAPSC membership, if possible
- Certifications from trusted firms
These skills can be learned from your daily efforts. Now, are you ready to craft your resume? To know where these skills land in a resume, see our security adviser resume sample below.
One of the Best Security Adviser Resume Examples
Phone # / Cell Phone #
Security Management | Procurement and Operations | Emergency Response Management | Search, Rescue, and Recovery | Strategic Planning and Execution | Time Management and Prioritization | Thorough Investigations | Problem Resolution | Interpersonal Relations | Leadership and Team Building.
Results-oriented and energetic professional offering 15 years of law enforcement and security experience, complemented with expertise in leading and supervising Critical Incident Response and Special Operations divisions. Proficient in emergency response, investigations, and incident management. Powered with hands-on management abilities and keen expertise in utilizing administrative and analytical skills as evidenced by continuous improvement of division operations. Accustomed to working with various professionals from other federal agencies, state and local officials, crime victims, and the general public through situational analysis to produce the best outcome. Known as a diplomatic, honest, and dependable leader with proven effectiveness in stressful and challenging situations.
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION
BACHELOR OF ARTS IN HOMELAND SECURITY, MINOR IN SECURITY MANAGEMENT
Expected Completion: 2023
American Military University, City, State
Customs and Border Patrol Marine Interdiction Unit Crew Member Boarding Certification
- Functioned effectively as the Founding Commander of the Critical Incident Response Team, which has saved four lives by immediately responding to suicidal barricaded subjects with a tactical resolution.
- Served as the Founding Team Leader of the Cat 5 Severe Weather Response Team that thoroughly secured the City of Houma for two weeks during the hurricanes Gustav and Ike, which were considered as the most successful city evacuation with little to no crime reported during the incident.
- Rendered hands-on management to the new Special Operations office and the new boat and ATV search, rescue, and recovery unit.
- Gained promotion to supervisor of the Special Operations office.
POLICE OFFICER, City, State, 2004-Present
Supervisor, Special Operations | Aug 2017-Present
- Provide expert oversight to the daily operations of a new Special Operations Satellite Office.Function effectively in creating a Search, Rescue, and Recovery Team along with acquiring necessary equipment.
- Design, develop, and present information regarding the department storm response plan to department personnel.
- Form and supervise a new tactical response team of 12 to 14 members providing immediate support to other divisions of the department to ensure effective resolution of tactical situations, such as barricaded subjects, hostage situations, and terroristic events.
- Work as a supervisor and founding member of the department’s Storm Response Team, which operates specialized equipment while performing intensive patrols and search and rescue missions as well as securing departments assets to weather a storm.
- Ensure maintenance of the entire response boats, ATVs, high-water rescue vehicles, and department vehicles along with the supply of equipment parts.
- Manage the budget for special operations, training, and fleet operations while ensuring its viability throughout the year.
- Delegate vehicles to officers for maintenance and ensure orderliness of all paperwork.
- Lead the current implementation of programs that would provide alternate means of financing operations through grants.
Training | Jul 2016-Present
Played a major role in improving the audio visual equipment for a more efficient delivery of training content.
Evaluated officers and their performance to ensure proper usage and execution of techniques.
Accurately developed new training lesson plans and PowerPoint presentations.
Exemplified effectiveness in implementing a new computer-based training program and a better system that monitor training attendance of participants.
Scheduled and coordinated the maintenance of department weapons and ammunition supply.
Received an invitation to actively participate in the national e-learning training council for CiNet.
Obtained promotion to the rank of Sergeant in July 2017.
Investigative Services Division
May 2009-Apr 2012 | Jun 2014-Jul 2016
- Ensured thoroughness in performing investigations of murders, felony thefts, and fraudulent use of identity.
- Interviewed suspects and efficiently processed crime scenes.
- Provided testimony in court, which led to the successful prosecution of numerous felons.
Traffic Investigation and Regulation | Apr 2012-Jun 2014
- Thoroughly conducted investigation of vehicle crashes managed traffic flow and performed bicycle patrol.
Narcotics and Vice Investigations | Mar 2007-May 2009
- Executed proactive patrols and efficiently coordinated undercover operations.
- Ensured accuracy in preparing and submitting asset forfeiture affidavits.
Patrol Division | Jul 2004-Mar 2007
Gained and honed conflict resolution and observation skills by conducting regular patrol shifts.
DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND
- ICS 100.HE Introduction to the Incident Command System
- ICS 100.LE Introduction to the Incident Command System for Law Enforcement
- ICS 300 Intermediate ICS for Expanding Incidents
- ICS 400 Advanced Incident Command System
- ICS 700 NIMS, An Introduction
- Weapons of Mass Destruction Radiological/Nuclear Hazardous Materials Technicians Course
- Weapons of Mass Destruction Radiological/Nuclear Awareness Train-the-Trainer Course
REGIONAL COUNTERDRUG TRAINING ACADEMY
- T-Cap/Criminal Patrol
- Basic Narcotics Investigation
- Raid Planning/Service of High Risk Warrants
- Officer Safety for High Risk Entry Situations Phase I
- Officer Safety for High Risk Entry Situations Phase II
- Officer Safety for High Risk Entry Situations Phase III/IV
THE PIPELINE ASSOCIATION
Pipeline Awareness & Education for Emergency Responders
POLICE OFFICER STANDARDS AND TRAINING COUNCIL
- POST Certified Instructor
- POST Certified Firearms Instructor
- POST Certified Basic Police Officer
- POST Certified Corrections Officer
ACCURACY INFLUENCED MECHANICS
Firearms Instructor Train-the-Trainer
- MP5/M4/M16 Rifle Instructor GLOCK PROFESSIONAL
- GLOCK Certified Professional Armorer
- GLOCK Firearms Instructor
PUBLIC AGENCY TRAINING COUNCIL
- Detective and New Criminal Investigator
- Officer-Involved Shooting
INTERNATIONAL POLICE MOUNTAIN BIKE ASSOCIATION
Certified Police Cyclist
MONADNOCK CERTIFIED INSTRUCTOR
- Defensive Tactics
- Expandable Baton
LAFAYETTE POLICE DEPARTMENT
- Basic SWAT Certification
SOUTHERN ANTI-TERRORIST REGIONAL TRAINING ACADEMY
- Planning and Tactical Operations
NATIONAL TACTICAL OFFICERS ASSOCIATION
- Response to Active Shooter Certified Instructor
- Tactical Management for Small Agencies
GULF STATES REGIONAL CENTER FOR PUBLIC SAFETY INNOVATIONS
- PowerPoint for Public Safety
- Certified Taser Instructor
- Taser Armorer
INSTITUTE OF POLICE TECHNOLOGY AND MANAGEMENT
Deviant Sexual Behavior and Related Criminal Activity
AWARDS AND HONORS
Life Saving Commendation for saving a suicidal subject, Jul 2016
Member, National Tactical Officers Association | Member (Sergeant at Arms), Houma Police Association
Board Member, Fuzzbait Fishing Invitational Association, 1997-Present
How to Write an Effective Resume
Writing the best resume can be hard, especially if you don’t have the skills to do it. We know how crucial it is to write a resume that has all the details a hiring manager wants to see. So, to help you, here are some tips on how to make a topnotch resume.
Put your best skills. Skills are a vital part of your resume. Some recruiters don’t focus on the work experience, as long as you have the skills the job needs.
Heed proper format. It is crucial to use the formal format in your resume now that most firms use ATS to filter applicants. You must use neat fonts and avoid putting too much color in your resume.
Be precise. Omit inapt details and tailor your resume to your target job. Ensure to state your key points first. Make it as powerful as you can by avoiding generic words.
Never lie. Who would want to hire a lying applicant? This is a red flag for firms. Lying in your resume lessens your integrity and makes it harder for you to get a job. So, it is best to write only truthful details about your work.
If you heed these resume tips on how to write an effective resume, you will surely land that security adviser job. So, start your resume now!
Land a job faster. Partner with us!
Writing a resume is tiresome, right? Security adviser resume examples are just simple guides for you. We’re here to help you skip this dreadful process. Entrust your job tools with the best resume writers in the industry! So, what are you waiting for? Let us help you write a first-rate resume that can capture recruiters. Check out our best resume writing services, or contact us for more details.