Phone # / Cell Phone #
SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR
PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT | END TO END SOLUTION DELIVERY | STRATEGIC OPERATIONS
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
Highly accomplished, astute, and tenacious professional, powered with more than 20 years of team leadership and project management experience in video games, animated film, and live production. Demonstrated uncompromised commitment in delivering practical ability and broad expertise in completing multiple projects and other visual production packages while delivering top quality of work within deadline and specifications. Known as a reliable and determined individual, with proven adeptness in establishing long-term quality relationship with all levels of professionals.
- Integrity- effectively demonstrates proficiency in doing “what I say I will do,” doing the right thing for employees and company to optimize operational efficiencies and improve business and operations.
- Courageous Leadership – diplomatically collaborate cross-functional teams in developing and implementing operational procedures toward successful completion.
- “Getting things done” – implement operational improvement and develop challenging project while prioritizing critical objectives to provide successful business results.
- Leadership Empowerment – express and interpret knowledge and ideas clearly; display professionalism in allowing subject matter experts to perform assigned task and render crucial decisions in order to meet business objectives.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Strategic Planning and Forecasting
- Distributed Development
- Change Management
- Organizational Development
- Rapid Conflict Resolution
- Outsourcing and Consultation
- Executive Management and Operations
- Leadership, Supervision, and Team Building
- Software Project Management / Scope Management
- Risk Management (Assessment and Mitigation)
- Talent Recruitment and Staffing
- Product Quality and Standards
Director of Product Development-Operations, Electronic Arts
ERTS, COMPUTER GAMES INDUSTRY | Orlando, FL, 2001-Present
- Apply superior management skills in directing the distributed development, strategic outsourcing, and multiple operational functions within EA SPORTS, which included internal efficiencies, community and vendor relationships, as well as the establishment of strategy with a number of internal corporate partners.
- Serve as senior leader of the content management initiative; direct and coordinate a program designed to converge the content creation technology of EA SPORTS into a singular development framework with shared tools and technologies.
- Display unsurpassed leadership and guidance in providing proactive direction in change management and operational development.
- Manage the leadership development at EA’s Tiburon studio; proactively involve and participate in the central EA University group.
- Provide expert oversight in administering the Resource Management Office (RMO).
- Coordinate strategic execution in positioning game teams to meet current product deliveries while orchestrating the studio expansion to acquire new projects and discover efficiencies in generating innovative products.
- Played an integral role as subject matter expert that spearheaded the development of game teams with right balance of talent in comparison, which resulted in attainment of feature set requirements and the successful studio operations.
- Collaborated closely with outside vendors to provide support in creating content, resulting in total customer satisfaction and sudden increase in referrals and repeat business.
- Strategically identified training needs; developed and delivered course content, which broadened personnel skills and maximized workflow of the overall business operations.
- Utilized and leveraged Platform expertise in PS2, XBOX, NGC, X360, PS3, and PSP.
- Effectively functioned as Development Director on product cycles, including Madden Football (06), NCAA Football (02, 03, and 04), and NASCAR (05).
Production Manager, Walt Disney Feature Animation
DIS; MEDIA PRODUCTION INDUSTRY| Lake Buena Vista, FL, 1995-2001
- Dealt with the development and implementation of animation department’s strategy; directed the daily operations of the entire business process.
- Maintained ongoing and professional relationships with teams through effective supervision to employees ranging from 30 to more than 100 individuals.
- Led the successful creation of numerous Disney projects, such as Hunchback of Notre Dame, Hercules, Mulan, Tarzan, John Henry, and Brother Bear.
- Recognized for exceptional performance and received job promotion; closely supervised all departments in creating feature animated films.
Tour Production Manager, THE CLEVELAND OPERA | Cleveland, OH, 1994-1995
Stage Manager, THE CLEVELAND PLAYHOUSE | Cleveland, OH, 1991-1994
MASTER OF SCIENCE IN SOCIAL PSYCHOLOGY, GPA: 4.0
Walden University, Minneapolis, MN: Expected Completion: Dec 2011
BACHELOR OF FINE ARTS, (summa cum laude), GPA: 3.76: 1991
Otterbein College, Westerville, OH
PROFESSIONAL TRAINING AND CREDENTIALS
- Certified in MBTI (Myers Briggs Type Indicator) Step I and Step II
- Certified in Discovery Learning’s Facilitator Program Change Style Indicator
- Graduate of Leader Point’s “Leadership Experience” Program
- Rollins College Essentials of Finance and Accounting for Non-Financial Managers
Concert Choir | President, Theta Alpha Phi
AWARDS AND HONORS
Electronic Arts, Outstanding Achievement Award, 2009
Electronic Arts, Leading Change Award, 2005
Director, EA’s presence at Otronicon (Orlando Science Center’s yearly technology event)
EA’s community connections group – EA’s outreach group in Orlando
Participant, Florida’s “Teach In” event
Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Project, Software Package, Tableau, Mindjet MindManager, Acrobat, Salesforce, Hansoft, Camtasia Studio.