Sole Pastor Resume Sample
Phone # / Cell Phone #
Optimistic, goal-oriented, and insightful professional, equipped with comprehensive background in parish ministry along with business administration and military experience. Interested in pursuing a position within an expansive organization to continue the promotion of knowledge, skills, and capabilities. Skilled at providing leadership, vision, and creativity in identifying and resolving complex issues, concepts, and processes. Proficient in identifying business needs and in delivering readily comprehensible information to appropriate audience. Excellent analytical thinker and problem solver with the ability to identify needs and enhance efficiencies. Possess ability to communicate well with all levels of individuals while developing and maintaining positive working relationships; articulate in English with subsistence level knowledge in Spanish language through Pimsleur Spanish CD sets 1, 2, and 3.
- Leadership and Communication
- Business Management and Development
- Process and Productivity Improvement
- Spiritual Formation and Consultation
- Supply Chain Management and Operations
- Regulatory Compliance and Safety Standards
LEADERSHIP, TRAINING, AND STAFF DEVELOPMENT
- Utilized and effectively applied in-depth knowledge in theology, leading to ordination and placement in the parish ministry.
- Executed superior management skills in supervising the personnel administration center (PAC) operations and associated personnel.
- Displayed unsurpassed direction and guidance in managing 110 soldiers and associated bridge trucks, equipment, motor pool, barracks, and dining facility.
- Demonstrated dynamic leadership skills in handling the engineer play development in annual field exercises, such as Return of Forces to Germany (REFORGER), Caravan Guard, and Central Fortress.
- Display ability in conducting briefings, producing graphics, and running a mobile operations shop in the field.
- Gained commendation for rendering notable performance in several military exercises; successfully directed two company commands while attending the seminary, which resulted in obtaining recognition of “top block” evaluations from superiors.
- Acquired extensive background in conducting retreats, workshops, and conferences.
ORGANIZATIONAL MANAGEMENT AND ADMINISTRATION
- Proactively managed the parish’s annual budget of approximately $250K while supervising three employees.
- Established and successfully launched a coaching business named Forward Path Coaching.
- Expertly administered the procurement of reassignment orders and the out-processing of unit personnel through drawdown.
- Handled and completed daily strength reports, readiness reports, duty rosters, and official correspondence.
- Strictly monitored and managed the inventory rolling stock and bridge parts worth more than $10M.
- Took part in the creation, development, and maintenance of engineering plans for the defense of Central Europe.
- Significantly contributed in the comprehensive computer modeling and simulation as well as the production of scenarios, briefings, and supervision of section personnel and equipment.
COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT AND PARISH SERVICES
- Assumed full responsibility in the overall spiritual welfare of parishioners.
- Proficiently led and conducted worship services, administered sacramental rites of the church, and presided weddings and funerals.
- Performed diverse tasks, such as orchestrating annual ministry calendar, recruiting volunteers, organizing events across the age spectrum, and conducting community outreach and social ministry.
- Fostered and provided commitment in raising awareness in various social justice issues, such as immigration, abortion, capital punishment, hunger, and poverty; partnered with other congregations for the National Day of Prayer and other local events.
- Initiated and implemented a second worship setting for individuals needing contemporary music and liturgy.
- Performed and executed extensive outreach and evangelism works through the Alpha Course.
- Authored several pieces on prayer and spiritual formation that were published in Texas Messenger, a publication of the Texas District, Lutheran Church Missouri Synod.
- Played an integral role in the successful establishment of a parachurch organization, Oil of Heaven Ministries, that was established to prepare and train local congregations for parish renewal and revitalization.
Efg Assoc., LaPorte, TX
OWNER | 2018-Present
LMN Church, Pasadena, TX
SOLE PASTOR | 2010-2018
OPQ Church, Big Spring, TX
SOLE PASTOR | 2008-2010
ASSOCIATE PASTOR | 2006-2008
Qrs Seminary, St. Louis, MO
SEMINARIAN | 2004-2006
649th Engineer Battalion, Schwetzingen, Germany
BATTALION ADJUTANT (S1), PERSONNEL OFFICER | 2001-2004
38th Engineer Company (Medium Girder Bridge), Karlsruhe, Germany
130th Engineer Brigade, Hanau, Germany
WAR PLANS AND FIELD TRAINING EXERCISES OFFICER | 1999-2000
19th Engineer Battalion, Fort Knox, KY
PLATOON LEADER, 522ND ENGINEER COMPANY (SEP) (MECH) | 1995-1996
EXECUTIVE OFFICER, COMPANY B | 1996-1997
ASSISTANT S3 (TRAINING) | 1997-1998
DOCTOR OF MINISTRY, Ongoing |Abc Graduate School of Theology, Houston, TX
MASTER OF DIVINITY | Cde Seminary, St. Louis, MO
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCE
FGH University, Kirksville, MO
ASSOCIATE OF ARTS IN MILITARY SCIENCE
IJK College Boonville, MO
- United States Army Command and General Staff College, Fort Leavenworth, KS
- Combined Arms and Services Staff School, Fort Leavenworth, KS
- Junior Officer Maintenance Course, Fort Knox, KY
- Engineer Officer Advanced Course, Fort Leonard Wood, MO
- United States Army Airborne School, Fort Benning, GA
- Engineer Officer Basic Course, Fort Belvoir, VA
CERTIFICATIONS AND TRAINING
- Certified Life Coach, Life Coaching Institute of Orange County, Costa Mesa, CA
- Certificate in Spiritual Direction, Episcopal Diocese of Texas, Houston, TX
- Marriage and Family Life Counselor, Therapon Institute, Houston, TX
- Board Certified Licensed Pastoral Counselor, Therapon Institute, Houston, TX
Paul Harris Fellow, Rotary International
Board of Directors, Alpha Houston (www.alphahouston.org)
Board of Directors, Kaiserhof Lutheran Retreat Center
Member, National Speakers Association, Houston ProTrack
Member, Houston Coaches, Inc. (local chapter of the International Coach Federation)
Microsoft Office Suite and Windows