Sommelier Resume Sample
Phone # / Cell Phone #
Highly organized, dedicated, and enthusiastic professional, with a passion to work in a productive environment where success is clearly defined and appreciated. Professionally trained chef with a passion for cooking various dishes, putting together great food and drinks for family and guests. Currently seeking a career as a sommelier to effectively utilize exceptional knowledge in beverage and wines as well as to efficiently apply outstanding organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Detail-oriented with proven effectiveness to multitask in competitive, high-impact, and fast-paced environment while juggling multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Change agent, with adeptness in creative problem solving proficiency in effectively organizing, handling, and monitoring a wide variety of tasks.
- Proven track record of success in motivating personnel to perform at high efficiency levels.
Meal and Drinks Preparation
Training, Leadership, and Development
Problem Solving and Decision Making
Customer Service and Satisfaction
Communications and Interpersonal Skills
Continuous Process Improvement
Fine Dining/A La Carte/ Banquet Service
- Chosen among the entire restaurant staff to be a member of the Presidential Advisory Council of Legal Sea Foods, which included an expense-paid trip to the corporate headquarters in Boston, Massachusetts to attend a seminar and discuss all aspects of company operations, including company changes, beverage and food operations, and a face-to-face meeting with the CEO/owner of Legal Seafood, Roger Berkowitz.
- Served as the Head Certified Trainer of Legal Sea Foods in Short Hills to teach all new hires regarding company protocols for food and wine service.
ABC COMPANY, SHORT HILLS, NJ
Key Associate | Head Trainer | Bartender | Server, Jul 2011-Present
- Function effectively as the acting manager responsible for opening the restaurant, counting tills and safes, and conducting pre-shift meetings.
- Demonstrate expertise in supervising restaurant floor, liaising between management and staff, and following up with servers to check the completion of end-of-shift sidework.
- Exemplify exceptional multitasking capabilities while working behind the bar.
- Ensure organization of storage area and walk-in cooler for liquor delivery as well as render assistance to the bar manager in managing inventory.
- Serve as the company certified trainer; ensure accuracy in writing training schedule.
- Professionally facilitate food and wine classes for new employees.
- Render exceptional assistance to the chef in pairing wines with weekly features.
DEF COMPANY, SPRINGFIELD, NJ
Entremetier, Sep 2013-Apr 2014
- Conducted accurate preparation of all starch and vegetables for a la carte service.
- Administered regular ordering of product for station preparation.
- Execute daily creation of amuse-bouche.
- Provided exceptional assistance in preparing banquets for 500 or less persons.
Bachelor of Occupational Studies in Major
GHI Institute, Hyde Park, NY | Jun 2016
Associate of Occupational Studies in Major
GHI Institute, Hyde Park, NY | Dec 2016
Intermediate Certification, International Wine Center, New York, NY | Apr 2019-May 2019
Level I Introductory Sommelier Course and Exam, The Court of Master Sommeliers
Guild of Sommeliers
The Culinary Institute of America Alumni Association