Supervisory Transportation Security Officer Resume Sample
Phone # / Cell Phone #
SUPERVISORY TRANSPORTATION SECURITY OFFICER
Focus of Interest: Operations and Security Management
Highly organized, versatile, and seasoned professional with a passion to work in a productive environment where success is clearly defined and appreciated. Effective at providing and ensuring safety and security as well as exceptional in handling safety measures and various operations. Excel at formulating and implementing standard practices and procedures to effect dramatic improvements in efficiency, productivity, and processes toward successful attainment of goals. Show competency in the communication, circuitry, and security field. Detail-oriented with proven effectiveness to multitask in competitive, high-impact, and fast-paced environment while juggling multiple priorities simultaneously with good judgment.
- Successfully completed 20 years of honorable active duty service with pride and dedication.
- Achieved E-7 Chief Petty Officer United States Coast Guard.
- Obtained a Top Secret Security Clearance in the U.S. Navy SCI Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI).
- Functioned as a Maritime SAR Controller.
United States Coast Guard, 2008-2019
Communication Center Chief | Command Security Officer (CSO), 2017-Present
- Effectively supervise personnel which included officers, enlisted, civilian, and contractors, as well as manage the CC’s operating budget.
- Grant administrative supervision for the entire CC watchstanders as well as actively participate in the Operational Planning Cycle.
- Collaborate with the Prevention and Response departments concerning specific processes and procedures used by the CC to support their respective mission areas.
- Establish professional customer liaison relationships external to the CC.
- Ensure placement of comprehensive program for watchstander certification, currency, and ongoing professional development.
- Work in partnership with the development of a CC watch schedule.
- Guarantee compliance with the security requirements related to physical, communications, and personnel security along with the maintenance within the CC facility.
- Assume full responsibility in managing staff for the CC performance.
- Ensure compliance with all standards set forth by the CG Command Center Manual (CCM).
- Administer and supervise subordinate SCC training visits.
- Efficiently maintain SAR plans and CC SOPs.
Situation Unit Controller, 2013-2017
Operation Unit Controller, 2007-2008
- Conducted monitoring of information provided by the Operational, Situational and Communications Units.
- Effectively planned and generated recommendations on specific response actions to the CDO for all mission areas.
- Organized and coordinated initial actions and execution phases for any mission area that requires a specific maritime response, including vertical and horizontal coordination with other CCs.
- Interviewed reporting sources and conducted accurate research on incidents as necessary for the CC to support ongoing operations.
- Worked with the Situation Unit to retrieve and update information relevant to the ongoing case or operation as well as ensured complete performance and compliance with established mandates of the operations in the AOR.
- Presented case disposition recommendations to the CDO as well as accurately documented cases, completed Situation Reports (SITREP) as required, and entered data into Marine Information for Safety and Law Enforcement (MISLE).
- Extensively utilized appropriate QRCs and keep other CC watchstander(s) informed on new incidents and development of ongoing mission operations.
- Conducted briefs as required or directed and precisely reviewed all message traffic and information/data from communications and information systems.
- Planned and executed SAR plans as well as gathered, evaluated and distributed information regarding new incidents and development of ongoing SAR operations.
- Informed other CCs of SAR incidents as necessary and ensured coordination of collaboration efforts.
- Conducted interviewing and gathering of SAR data as well as planned searches and coordinated SAR efforts.
- Executed development of SAR case folder and accurately documented actions and development.
- Supervised and monitored the status of vessels along with its compliance with limited access areas, which included safety/security zones and regulated navigation areas.
- Organized and submitted appropriate documentation to close SAR cases.
- Ensured awareness and oversight of Notice of Arrivals (NOAs) daily foreign and domestic examinations/inspections which included port state control and security inspections.
- Performed active monitoring and tracking of vessels of interest.
- Monitored the dissemination of all COTP orders/LOUs to appropriate parties and guarantee compliance of all COTP and LOUs.
- Provided effective assistance to the Operations Unit with collecting, evaluating, and distributing information regarding new incidents and development of the ongoing SAR operations.
Operation Unit Controller | Situation Unit Controller, 2010-2013
USCG Vigilant, 2007-2010
- Patrolled the waters of the Caribbean to ensure safety and security of U.S. and foreign vessels; prevented the entry of 30 million dollars worth of narcotics into the U.S.
United States Navy, Radiomen, 1998-2006
United Service Military Apprenticeship Program
ASSOCIATE DEGREE/JOURNEYMAN’S DEGREE
COMMANDING OFFICER CENTER FOR PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
ATTN: VOLED Detachment (USMAP), Pensacola, FL, Mar 2017-May 2012
Coursework toward Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice (Incomplete)
XYZ University, Davenport, IA, Mar 2013-Mar 2014
Command Security Officer School
Command Center Watchstander Co
FEMA ICS 400, 300, 200, 100
IS 800, 700
GOM LMR OPS Management
ICS 3S8 Communications Leader
Electronic Finger Print Transaction System,
Maritime SAR Planning
Leadership and Management School
Navy Electronic Key Management System
CR/HRA Sexual Harassment Prevention
Ion Scan 400 B
Electronic Questionnaires for Investigation
Suicide Prevention Training
AWARDS AND HONORS
- CGGWOTS Global War Terror Service Medal CGHQ, Jan 2005
- CGHC Coast Guard Achievement Medal SECTOR CHARLESTON, May 2006
- CGHC Coast Guard Achievement Medal SECTOR CORPUS, May 2009
- CGHD Navy/MC Achievement Medal, Jan 1997
- CGMA CG Unit Commendation Award LANT AREA, Jan 2009
- CGMB CG Merit, Unit Commendation, Apr 2004
- CGNB Coast Guard “E” Ribbon, Mar 2002
- CGNH National Defense Service Medal, May 2002
- CGPUC CG Presidential Unit Citation CGHQ, May 2006
- CGSD CG Good Conduct Medal, Jul 2002
- CGSD CG Good Conduct Medal SECTOR CHARLESTON, Jul 2005
- CGSD CG Good Conduct Medal SECTOR CORPUS CHRIST, Jul 2008
- CGTR Transportation 9-11 Ribbon, Oct 2004
Savin Technician, Certified Copier Technician, Sep 2003
Certified Current Concealed Weapons Licenses (Florida)
United States Coast Guard
I.C.E. Immigration and Custom Enforcement Home Land Security Custom Border Patrol
Federal Bureau of Investigation
(FPS) Federal Protective Service
Local and State police
(SWAT) Special Weapons and Tactics
EOD explosive ordnance disposal UNITS
Microsoft 2010 | Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Coached various youth basketball teams several times and successfully won as the District Champion for all managed team.
- Coached various little league championships.
- Coached youth football district championships.