Transportation Coordinator Resume Sample
Phone # / Cell Phone #
Dynamic, versatile, and detail-oriented professional, with comprehensive experience in strategic planning, transportation, warehousing, and logistics operations. Commended for excellent analytical, organizational, and customer service skills. Proven background in transportation, routing, warehouse, supplies, operation, and logistics management. In-depth expertise and capacities in managing conflicting deadlines and priorities; willing to accept assignments beyond immediate job duties on special projects at management’s request. Familiarity in applicable rules and regulations pertaining to safety procedures and policies; knowledgeable in documenting and implementing maintenance inspections and procedures.
Transportation Coordinator – ABC COMPANY, AL ASAD, IRAQ | 2016-Present
Provide logistical support and assistance for the United States Military to facilitate independence of the host nation and to assist the development of transportation plans, policies, and procedures in the areas of services. Manage the transportation mission request documents overseas. Coordinate transportation functions, such as logistics, maintenance, and warehousing to ensure efficient, timely, and cost-effective support to the customer.
- Identified and analyzed problem areas and provided strategic resolutions / recommended directly to the management.
- Facilitated environmental, safety, and other functional areas with regard to transportation functions performed under contract.
- Conducted research and supported property custodians in sustaining 100% accountability of equipment worth more than million dollars.
- Worked under the direction of Operations/US Military during Operation Iraq Freedom and Operation Enduring Freedom (OIF/OEF) for successful Outside the Wire (OTW) missions.
Route Driver – DEF COMPANY, ROBINSON, TX 2016
Organized and maintained local route schedule; explored new routes, procedures, and equipment. Rendered first-rate customer service. Ensured quality standards were met through maintaining company equipment in compliance with all local and DOT rules and regulations. Coordinated inbound and outbound operations.
Truck Driver – GHI COMPANY, MIAMI, FL /AUSTIN, TX 2002-2011 / 2015-2016
Analyzed, translated, and documented requisitions, shipping orders, and various documents. Performed line haul and local pick-up and delivery. Served as trainer tasked to mentor drivers and been member of the Safety Team.
Owner Operator – JKL COMPANY, MIAMI, FL 2011-2015
Worked closely with brokers, shippers, and customer for timely pick-up and delivery of freight. Led all aspects of operations and involved in handling hazardous cargos along with reefers, dry vans, flatbeds, tankers, and doubles.
- Class A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL), State of Florida
- Hazardous Material (Hazmat) Endorsement
- First Line Supervisors’ Training Course
- College of Government Compliance
- GC110-Allowable Costs-The Basics, GC130 Cost Estimating for Government Contracting, GC115 Expense Reporting Process, GC114-Floorcheck Audits, GC120-Procurement Process and Ethics, GC112-Timekeeping-The Basics
- College of Legal
- LG-KBR 2010 Ethics Training