Underwriter Resume Sample
Phone # / Cell Phone #
Organizational Development | Strategic Planning and Goal Setting | Problem Resolution and Change Management | Time Management and Deadline-Sensitive
Dedicated, technically inclined, and high-powered professional, with a passion to work in a productive environment where success is clearly defined and appreciated. A genuine team player committed to managing operations and tasks flawlessly while contributing to business development activities. Utilize excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate well internally and externally in building solid relationships with all levels of professionals. Possess verifiable leadership aptitude combined with great work ethic and commitment to excellence.
Management and Operations
- Exemplify proficiency in business and management principles, which include strategic planning, leadership technique, and coordination of people and resources.
- Quickly and properly respond to changing circumstances.
- Assess problems, formulate comprehensive decisions to achieve positive change, and refocus on new priorities.
Leadership and Supervision
- Display ability to manage multiple tasks without compromising the quality of work.
- Grant effective and professional training to employees and subordinates.
- Highly capable of applying sound and consistent judgment to decision-making processes.
- Demonstrate ability to supervise, direct, and guide individuals and groups toward the completion of tasks and fulfillment of goals.
Communication and Professionalism
- Ability to communicate well with individuals and establish positive working relationships with colleagues.
- Possess well-developed communication and motivation skills.
- Express and interpret knowledge and ideas clearly; capable of exchanging information in an effective manner.
Company Abcd, Kansas City, MO
Underwriter | Apr 2007–Present
- Demonstrate expertise in extensively handling automobile and personal property insurance policies, which include development and maintenance of producer / broker relationships, along with granting support to broker representatives on insurance issues.
- Handle the development of an analyzed system reports and accurately report discrepancies to management.
- Evaluate new business applications from brokers / producers.
Company Bcde, Olathe, KS
Senior Underwriter | Jun 2005–Apr 2007
- Rendered constant and high-quality underwriting decisions to effectively support the achievement of financial targets for the organization.
- Effectively established and ensured positive ongoing relationships with producers / brokers.
- Worked in partnership with the management and other departments in defining and implementing effective strategies for broker / producer development.
- Guaranteed compliance of underwriting practices and procedures with the regulatory standards.
Company Cdef, Kansas City, MO
Senior Technical Analyst / Manager | Mar 1999–Jun 2005
- Diligently provided technical support to end users with correction of basic user error to resolution of complex networking issues; effectively resolved customer issues in an appropriate and efficient manner.
- Exemplified professionalism in providing senior-level technical mentoring to Windows 95/98 engineers.
- Functioned well in providing 3rd level support for Windows 95, IE (3xx/4xx), and client/server networking.
- Expertly provided first-level telephone support on hardware and software installation issues for 500 users.
- Successfully achieved 90% problem resolution rate of the entire inbound client calls within 15 minutes.
- Assisted internal and remote clients in solving issues that involved system navigation, Active Directory account administration, network configuration, file system architecture, and operating systems.
- Offered help and guidance in managing ticket requests and resolutions through the use of service request program.
- Conducted installation and maintenance of desktops, A/V equipment, printers, mobile tools, and Cisco IP phone system.
- Facilitated a professional training for all technical new hires and all company employees on system changes and upgrades.
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science |EFGH University, Manhattan, KS | 1996
Business Process Reengineering (Sigma Six Yellow Belt) | Business Process Reengineering (Sigma Six Green Belt)
Project Management (Yellow Belt) | Project Management (Green Belt) | Project Management (Black Belt)
Critical and Strategic Thinking Awareness Level | Critical and Strategic Thinking Competency Level
Critical and Strategic Thinking Mastery Level | Windows 95 MCP | Windows NT Workstation
Windows NT Server 4.0 in the Enterprise | TCP/IP on Windows NT 4.0
Microsoft Internet Information Server 4.0
Microsoft NT/2000/2003/XP/Vista | Linux, UNIX, AIX | Mac OS X | Microsoft Office Suite | MS Project | Citrix | VMware | ASP.NET | Norton Security | MS Server 2003/2008 | Intel | MS SQL | Active Directory | LAN/WAN | TCP/IP | VPN | VoIP | Perl | Shell | HTML | DHTML | XML