Veterinary Technician Resume Sample
Phone # / Cell Phone #
Clinical Operations Quality Improvement ~ Care Coordination & Therapeutic Knowledge ~ Safety & Regulatory Compliance
Highly motivated, patient-focused, and dedicated Registered Nurse, offering valuable experience and career chronicled in a wide-variety of medical settings and specialties. Display in-depth knowledge of nursing profession’s values, theories, and practices, as well as in implementing standard procedures to effect dramatic improvements in medical center operations’ efficiency, productivity, and processes. Well-versed in building long-term quality relationships and fostering mutual respect to all patients, staff, and other health care professionals. Known for keen eye for detail and extreme capability to multitask in a competitive and fast-paced environment.
Demonstrate exemplary performance, dedication, and high degree of personal commitment in completing the following:
- Clinical rotations in fundamentals and geriatrics, obstetrics in Labor, Delivery, Recovery and Postpartum (LDRP) at Holy Name Hospital, pediatrics at Columbus Hospital in Newark, New Jersey.
- Clinical rotations in mental health facility at Preakness Healthcare Center in Haledon, New Jersey.
- Clinical rotations in the Adult Health I and II (Medical-Surgical) on the renal, cardiac, neurological, surgical, orthopedic, and intensive care units.
SUMMARY OF EXPERIENCE
HEALTH CARE ASSESSMENT AND TREATMENT PLANS
- Administer medication orally, intramuscular, subcutaneous, topically, inhalation and through gastrostomy tubes.
- Handle oxygen administration through nasal canula, mask and trach collar.
- Demonstrate outstanding patient assessment skills by system.
- Exemplify in-depth knowledge with percutaneous/biliary drains, CBI, aspira catheters and different stomas.
- Access intravenous lines, re-access, care for and de-access of Port-a-Cath, care of PICC Lines.
- Provide patient education.
- Initiate proper contact/isolation precautions for infectious or neutropenic patients.
- Handle all aspects of wound care and treatment with emphasis on sterile and clean technique procedures.
- Work collaboratively with physicians, dieticians, respiratory and physical therapists, social services, and nursing assistants.
- Transfuse all blood products.
- Monitor IV pumps and enteral infusion.
- Handle infusion of chemotherapy.
- Administer controlled narcotics in compliance with hospital regulations.
- Provide treatment plans for oncology patients from initial diagnosis and evaluation in ER, to transfer of patients to appropriate facilities.
- Play a key role in observing patients; charting and reporting changes in patients’ conditions, such as adverse reactions to medication or treatment; and taking necessary actions.
- Foster a safe, nurturing, laughter-filled, and loving environment to motivate and inspire patients from admission to discharge.
- Regularly communicate and assess the needs of patients; positively and responsibly resolved conflicts.
- Render quality care for oncology patients, demonstrating strong observation, assessment, and intervention skills.
- Improve health and enhanced patients’ quality of life by promoting a positive attitude among patients on their treatment programs.
REGISTERED NURSE,COMPANY XZY, TEANECK, NJ
NURSING STUDENT, COLLEGE CDE, TEANECK, NJ
VETERINARY TECHNICIAN, COMPANY ABC, UPPER MONTCLAIR, NJ
VETERINARY TECHNICIAN, COMPANY LMN, PARAMUS, NJ
VETERINARY TECHNICIAN,COMPANY EFG, LODI, NJ
VETERINARY TECHNICIAN, COMPANY GHI, WAYNE, NJ
RECEPTIONIST, COMPANY IJK, MAYWOOD, NJ
DIPLOMA IN NURSING
- ABC Hospital School of Nursing, (Affiliated with ABC College, Jersey City, NJ), Teaneck, NJ: Jun 2016
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN BIOLOGY, Dean’s List
- DEF University, Montclair, NJ: May 2011
ONS (Oncology Nursing Society) Chemotherapy and Biotherapy Provider Card: 2018-2020
CPR and AED Certified, BLS for Healthcare Providers Program: 2018-2020
Registered Veterinary Technician: 2014-2016 / 2016-2018
Certified Veterinary Technician: 2012
Member, Oncology Nursing Society
Publicity Chair, Sigma Delta Phi Sorority: 2007-2008 | Volunteer, Town Council Election: 2009-2011
OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 2000 and Windows XP
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Office Suite and Holy Name Proprietary Nursing Software