Advertising Director Resume Sample
Phone # / Cell Phone #
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
Detail-oriented, experienced, and dynamic sales professional with broad knowledge and background in entertainment/communication business emphasizing on advertising, marketing, writing, and production. Recognized for being a consistent top performer. Demonstrate expertise in increasing revenues through improving existing systems and implementing customized solutions. Strong ability to thrive under high pressure situations. Accustomed to rendering performance par standards to exceed expectations. Possess self-initiative and capability in overcoming complex business challenges; assume full responsibility in making high-stake decisions and independent judgment.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Sales and Advertising
- Sales Presentations
- Product/Material Specialization
- Client Management
- Relationship Management
- Staff Development
- Produced significant increase in number of circulation and distribution of magazine titles.
- Generated thousands in revenue on a weekly basis.
company ABC, Los Angeles, CA
Advertising Director | Jan 2015-Nov 2018
- Managed and ensured long-term contracts with clients for the magazine’s continuous operations and to generate flowing income.
- Supervised a team of three other sales consultants; watched over the team’s sales and campaign strategies * Handled a circulation of 40,000 throughout downtown.
- Employed mixed marketing methods, including event sponsorships, campaign deals, cold calling, and promotions to achieve goals.
- Worked collaboratively with prospective advertisers and affiliates from Fortune 500 companies.
Company HIJ, Carbondale, IL
Corporate Drive Team Leader | Jan 2012-Dec 2014
- Oversaw district’s operations with more than 200 newspapers as a representative of the corporate headquarters.
- Visited affiliate representatives at their papers every other week to assist in selling the campaigns brought to affiliates.
- Successfully reached the established goals by the end of promotion.
- Monitored the sales activity weekly on a spreadsheet.
Company XYZ, Hollywood, CA
Assistant to Casting and Publicity | Aug 2011-Dec 2011
- Aided in the fielding of phone calls and appointments.
- Helped the director in the promotion of four TV shows by employing tactics in creating a broader public awareness for the program.
US Air Force Reserve, EMT, 932 Air Medical Squadron, US Air Force | Jul 2006-Jul 2016
Bachelor of Science in Journalism, with specialization in Advertising/Integrated Marketing
DEF University – Carbondale, IL (2011)
AWARDS AND HONORS
Outstanding Achievement Award, XYZ Advertising Agency (2011)
Top Sales Award, LMN Magazine (2016-2017)
Certified Emergency Medical Technician (EMT,) US Air Force Reserve (2006)
Hollywood Chamber of Commerce (2018)
Screen Actors Guild – SAG (2014)
Writers Guild of America (2014)
Phi Theta Kappa (2007)
ABC University Scholastic Honors (2011)
Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Access)
Video Footage Editing