Deputy Sheriff Resume Sample
Phone # / Cell Phone #
- Multi-faceted, dynamic and hardworking professional, offering extensive experience and strong qualifications in law enforcement, conflict resolution, public surveillance and development of complex investigations with successful outcomes.
- Commended as an accomplished police officer with consistent assignment delivery success and process improvement achievement; integrate academic background and professional development into the public setting.
- Highly effective leader; physically fit to meet the demands of the industry.
- Articulate and personable communicator with well-defined leadership skills and outstanding communication, interpersonal, management and investigation aptitude.
Areas of Expertise
- Law Enforcement
- Crime Detection and Prevention
- Public Relations
- Safety and Security
- Interviews and Interrogation
- Retail Loss Prevention
- Legal and Regulatory Compliance
- Insurance Inventory Management
- Leadership and Team Building
POLICE OFFICER | Lawrenceville, GA | Aug 2010–Present
Serve as Lawrenceville Police Officer, protecting and serving the citizens of the city. Comply with federal and state laws as well as with the City of Lawrenceville ordinances; respond to calls for service ranging from found property to assaults and death. Perform key duties during police officer and soldier funerals, parades, special event ceremonies, flag presentation and other related events.
- Played a vital role in creating and implementing policies for the Lawrenceville Police Honor Guard.
- Assigned to the motorcycle / traffic unit and the bicycle patrol unit.
- Functioned as the Patrol Officer and previous member of the Accident Investigation Unit. Coordinated with a team to investigate all accidents involving serious injury and death.
POLICE OFFICER | Lilburn, GA | Sep 2003–Aug 2010
Acted as police supervisor, supervising investigation of criminal cases and rendering guidance and expertise to front line officers. Answered and settled calls for assistance, including investigation of crimes, deaths, accidents and injuries. Provided initial and follow-up investigations. Ensured compliance of procedures with laws and regulations upon evaluation of contents of written orders to adhere with legal requirements.
- Successfully investigated calls for service ranging from traffic violations and accidents to murder, and completed detailed reports on all cases. Served warrants and testified in court in connection with the prosecution of offenders.
- Proactively functioned as field training officer, training all new recruits hired by the City of Lilburn.
- Established a reputation for continuously handling increasing responsibilities by earning fast-track promotions to Corporal in 1997 and Sergeant in 1998. Progressively promoted to Lieutenant in 1999.
- Led the implications of new and amended laws, as well as new techniques of police work.
- Engaged in the creation of a Police K-9 unit. Proficiently designed graphics for the Police Vehicles in the fleet.
- Accomplished security and terrorism training, and assigned to a security detail at the 1996 Summer Olympics in Atlanta.
DEPUTY SHERIFF | Clarke County, GA | Mar 2001– Sept 2003
DETENTION OFFICER | Decatur, GA | Oct 1998–Mar 2001
Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice | University, Location (City, State)
Licensed Private Investigator | State of Georgia
Certified Basic Peace Officer, Jailer, Field Training Officer, and Firearms Instructor
2,000 hours of accumulated training upon employment in Law Enforcement
- Took part in investigating accidents that resulted in the identification of criminal actions.
- Completed extensive firearms training and Armorer training from Glock and Sig Sauer.
- Experienced in the use of force training, including ASP baton, Taser, OC spray and other defensive tactics.
Loss Prevention Officer (With a major food store chain)
- Provided investigation, surveillance and apprehension of persons/sources that threatened to cause loss/harm involving store thefts.