IT Manager Resume Sample
Phone # / Cell Phone #
Highly-organized, very dedicated, and hands-on project and program manager offering more than 20 extensive years of experience and senior-level technical expertise in the software industry project and business management; complemented with emphasis on distributed project management, automated lifecycle management, localization programs, and program management. Demonstrate capacity to effectively apply new technologies and concepts. Possess strong team leadership skills with verifiable managerial ability to direct multidisciplinary teams and guarantee productivity and high employee morale, and sound judgment especially in stringent circumstances.
Strong Leadership and Management – Thrive at leading globally distributed teams delivering complex integrated software products; direct cloud and web-based deployments; adept at conducting risk identification process, management and mitigation; coordinate customer relationship management and field communication, as well as executive customer relations; prioritize key issues and concerns with strategic and tactical focus.
Process Improvement – Streamlined processes for continuous and sustainable development and implementation; expertly employ requirements and change management, as well as localization and internalization; carry out systems migrations and conversions; employ the use of best practices across full development lifecycle; apply effective release management, product delivery and rollout.
Collaborative Efforts – Display expertise in using collaboration tools to share project goals, artifacts, and status; support and promote cross-departmental coordination and management with focus on integration and dependencies among various disciplines; oversee coordination of beta programs and customer focus groups;
Areas of Expertise
- IT Program and Project Management
- IT Strategic Planning
- Enterprise Systems Planning
- Operations Development/Capital planning
- Process Improvement
- Systems Integration
- Product Development Support
- Leadership and Development
Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, and Outlook) | SharePoint and Wiki Creation and Organization
SQL Server Database │ Sybase PowerBuilder | Rational Software (Rational ClearQuest, RequisitePro, and Rational Team Concert)
Collaboration, Defect Tracking, Change Management, and Requirements Management tools
- Successfully built and led project management organizations for Fortune 500 corporations that delivered complex commercial software applications created by globally distributed development organizations.
- Spearheaded project management and process definition across widely distributed and matrixed organization to deliver releases on tight schedules, helping drive revenue and profit for the company.
- Innovatively implemented new development tools in organizations by putting in infrastructure and processes successfully; supported the development and centralization of tools to facilitate cross-functional communications and metrics reporting; and assisted in identifying trends, overall issues, and areas of overlap.
- Turned around an IT organization that had significant corporate compliance issues to achieve consistently high level of compliance.
- Developed and maintained partnerships with highly critical customers; earned recognition and awards for attaining increased customer satisfaction.
- Developed customized life cycle development process to meet organizational needs for successful delivery of interrelated projects.
KRONOS, INC. | City, State
Director, Workforce Management Program Office | Nov 2009–Present
- Create program management office for distributed, agile engineering organization.
- Set up status reporting metrics and PMO SharePoint site for all projects.
- Carry out HR duties such as hiring, developing and managing a team of project managers; significantly grow scope and integration of internal engineering product applications.
- Led localization projects and internationalization best practices.
- Serve as the voice of engineering in bringing out issues and concerns during cross-functional forums.
IBM RATIONAL SOFTWARE | City, State
Rational Operations Manager | Nov 2008–Nov 2009
- Closely worked with the general manager; executed follow-up on initiatives, action items and relevant issues with senior staff.
- Spearheaded projects and represented the company in cross-IBM forums and discussion.
- Effectively coached, mentored and led personnel within a technical team environment.
Senior Manager, Rational IT and Engineering Services | Apr 2007–Nov 2008
- Directly supervised a team of over 50 responsible for management of Rational product development and support infrastructure laboratories and equipment, IBM business controls, compliance, application operations and capital planning.
- Substantiated in-house use of Rational tools, demonstrated in Rational Team Concert, which was the fastest-adopted product within IBM (ever), resulting in revenue generation and support for ever-broader customer base, including the GBS project environment.
- Obtained strategic and cost effective use of technology in alignment with corporate goals.
- Partnered with laboratory leaders from all SWG brands to move toward a more unified service delivery model.
Senior Manager, Worldwide Executive Customer Relations | Oct 2006–Apr 2007
- Interfaced with customers and internal organizations to discuss Rational product roadmap and understand customer business strategy and requirements.
- Collaborated with account teams, led briefings and forged information gathering to prepare senior vice president for meeting with customer executives.
- Performed with development teams to deliver on executive commitments to customers.
Senior Manager, Rational Product Delivery and Rational Product Initiatives Team | Mar 2003–Oct 2006
- Played a vital role in overseeing program management processes and disciplines in various areas including program schedule and quality management; communications management; risk/issue management; and change management for distributed suite products.
- Effectively determined and executed maintenance, upgrade strategy and delivery process.
- Acquired and implemented essential practices to IBM corporate initiatives and processes after acquisition.
- Successfully resolved critical path issues to guarantee on-time delivery of all aspects of product and services.
- Promoted and campaigned for Rational product roadmap to customers and other SWG brands.
- Spearheaded OT and PDT meetings; organized and headed a cohesive Product Initiatives Team as centralized organization for driving common requirements across the brand.
Director, Product and Program Management | Jul 1999–Mar 2003
- Coordinated and directed a department of 30 cross-functional employees to manage, build, test and deliver synchronized releases of Rational Suite, a product consisting of over 10 integrated tools; coordinated the delivery efforts of product teams from across the country.
- Coordinated multiple simultaneous releases, ad-hoc projects and schedule changes.
- Substantiated schedules, plans, deliverables and process within dynamic environment and business focus.
- Maintained and oversaw synchronized and scheduled communication of the development teams.
- Effectively worked with senior management to determine priorities and direction.
- Forged resolution of cross-company product, as well as schedule changes, conflicts and issues.
- Successfully introduced a brand-wide licensing and localization strategies.
Senior Product Manager and Synchronized Release Manager | Apr 1998–Jul 1999
- Displayed expertise in coordinating synchronized development schedule for eight geographically distributed business units.
- Managed and grew cross-functional rollout of products with teams from Development, Release Engineering, Documentation, QE Manufacturing, Marketing, and Support.
- Designed and developed infrastructure to support coordinated product release across distributed team environment.
- Effectively determined requirements and interface for tools produced by the Windows Suites Business Unit
- Created client-side licensing model for company-wide use.
- Efficiently restructured product upgrades across company, necessary to create a predictable and repeatable process
XYZ CORPORATION | Concord, MA
Senior Development Product and Program Manager | 1996–1998
- Drove and determined product management programs and strategies in a strongly developer-focused company.
- Collaborated with Development, Documentation, Quality Assurance, Marketing and Support Teams to keep all areas informed regarding direction, changes, and schedules.
- Successfully coordinated beta programs and customer focus groups.
Manager Technical Support, End-User Products | 1993–1996
Technical Support-Engineer, PowerBuilder | 1992–1993
WXYZ LABORATORIES, INC. | Lowell, MA | Product Management, I.T. Project Leader, Technical Analyst, Business Systems Analyst
CDE COMPANY| Boston, MA | Systems Analyst and Application Developer, Group Pension Systems
EFG COMPANY | BLOOMFIELD, CT | Programmer Analyst, Homeowners & Group Pension Systems
Education and Professional Development
Bachelor of Arts in English and Political Science (Graduated with Honors) — TUV College | Hartford, CT
Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification: 2005
Leadership Development Program, Center for Creative Leadership: 2001
Leading Product Development, Harvard Business School: 2000
Negotiation │ Conflict Resolution │ Management │ Requirements Management │ IT Strategies │ Executive Leadership
Project Management Institute
Bilingual in English and French