Phone # / Cell Phone #
IT Project Manager
Technically sophisticated, seasoned, and talented professional powered with broad-based experience in Project Management and Information Technology. Exhibit superior talents in directing successful IT departments and technical support programs by implementing effective strategies to optimize business processes, elevate efficiency, and improve quality while significantly reducing cost. Possess stellar reputation in delivering simultaneous, large-scale, mission-critical projects within the constraints of scope, quality, time, and cost. Commended as an out-of-the box thinker and hands-on manager with keen expertise in leading, motivating, and coordinating technical teams to provide innovative technical solutions and ensure total customer satisfaction. Proven ability multitask in a fast-paced environment. Multilingual in English, Hindi, and Bengali.
- Software Development Life cycle
- IT Disaster Recovery and Planning
- Quality Control and Assurance
- Staff Recruitment and Retention
- IT Security and Audit
- Global Delivery Management
- Infrastructure Architure
- Outstanding Customer Relations
- Product Reengineering and Process Modeling
- Technical Support and Troubleshooting
- Problem Resolution and Decision Making
- Continuous Process Improvement
Ceridian / Comdata Corporation | Irving and Nashville, TX: 2006–Present
Program Manager | Sep 2010–Present
Instrumental in identifying the strategic sourcing needs and expertly manage all facets of Comdata Vendor project. Handle all aspects of project from conception through its timely completion including overall expense and capital cost tracking. Carry out all phases of quality, issue, and risk management toward fulfillment of corporate goals.
- Provided expert oversight in the following strategic initiatives which include:
- FSA/HSA Card for Healthcare industry
- Product Analysis and due diligence for new Pre-Paid platform
- Regulatory Compliance solution for trucking permits and Fuel Tax processing
Director, IT Product Delivery | Jan 2008–Present
Direct and coordinate daily operational aspects of the IT division of Comdata Regulatory Compliance Division with $40M revenue, focusing on application development and production support. Administer P&L of $5M annually and led a team of 40+ resources across multiple geographical locations. Oversee vendor evaluation, selection, contract negotiation, and governed SLA and performance. Determine staffing requirements; hire and train team members to effectively manage projects and applications.
- Honored and received the “Ceridian President’s Circle Award” through demonstration of exemplary performance at the Annual Global Leadership meeting and for leading the business transformation initiative.
- Cost-effectively saved $1.5M by restructuring and consolidating the divisions.
- Presided over the post-merger IT integration for several acquired companies, including Permicom and Inter-Tax.
- Generated more than $200K annually by managing multiple global outsourcing firms, including TCS and Cognizant.
- Produced $1M in new revenue by launching online 2290 tax filing services for transportation services in conjunction with business teams.
- Optimized operational efficiency and increased revenue to $2M through the implementation of rule based permit application for US and Canada.
- Drove all efforts to improve product delivery through requirement management and automated testing tool.
IT Project Manager, Project and Delivery Organization | Apr 2006–Dec 2007
Applied dynamic leadership talents to a cross-functional team to implement disaster recovery and continuity for gift card transaction processing environments. Worked collaboratively with external partners and internal business stakeholders to define the business recovery points and objectives, reference architecture, resource planning, and budget proposal. Provided expert oversight to product development for international client WH Smith to build a third party mall business for Coinstar. Supervised a team to build an interface with Safeway to provide cash out capability at Safeway stores for Comdata’s payroll customers. Rendered assistance in establishing Project Management Office and re-engineering SDLC lifecycle, prioritization process, policies, and templates for better throughput and higher quality of projects.
- Received the “President’s Circle Award” from Comdata in 2010 for the highest achievement in technology leadership role.
- Achieved numerous “Contribution and Bravo Awards” from Comdata and Ceridian between year 2001 and 2009 by displaying outstanding performance in technology and IT Project Management roles.
- Played a vital role in the technology transformation for Funds Movement product from third party software to internally develop application on AIX/DB2 architecture.
- Delivered $600K additional revenue through the implementation of Comdata’s POS Activation Solution interface for American Express cards sold at Walgreens stores.
- Instrumental in handling $2M budget and successfully delivering transformation with network, system and application changes for about 300 gift card clients.
ADP/SIS, Inc. | Denver, CO
IT Lead, Application Development, Government Services | Aug 2005–Mar 2006
Pivotal in converting CURIAN Portfolio customers to ADP/SIS application, which optimized the operational process efficiency.
- Commended for rewriting the 1099 statement generation application, thus reliably producing 1099 statement for customers.
Comdata / Stored Value Systems | Louisville, KY / Nashville, TN
IT Lead, Application Development | Sep 1999–Aug 2005
Primarily held responsible for developing gift card settlement application for retail client Toys “R” Us. Provided direction to a team of developers to offload gift card batch processing from Tandem system to Mainframe OS390 and AIX using DB2 architecture.
- Generated multi-million dollar revenue for the restaurant and franchise segment through the implementation of ACI Settlement Manager to move funds between franchisees and corporate.
- Formulated the SVS Reporting application for retail solution utilizing new reporting architecture on Business Object, which significantly enhanced web application, batch application, as well as report development.
- Recognized for improving the reconciliation of EBT smart card application for FOODSTAMP and WIC programs for the states of Ohio, Wyoming, and Nevada.
BFL Software Ltd. | Memphis, TN / Bangalore, India
Systems Engineer (Client: Federal Express in Memphis, TN) | Jan 1997–Sep 1999
Played a vital role in the production for mission critical applications for FedEx, including Inventory Application and Warehouse Management System (IA/WMS) interface for FedEx client National Semiconductor. Assumed full responsibility in coordinating onsite / offshore activities between USA and India. Carried out all aspects of order entry, inventory allocation, shipping, handling, and closing.
- Obtained the Action Award, Bravo Zulu from FedEx by displaying high-degree of personal commitment, dedication, and efficiency.
- Highly praised for exemplary performance leading to achievement of Bravo BFLSLites from BFL Software.
- Masterfully led Y2K initiatives for IA/WMS Application.
- Regarded for enhancing FedEx PBL application, which is the backbone of LEC&C, a division of Federal Express.
Bachelor of Engineering with Honours in Computer Science and Engineering
National Institute of Technology, Silchar, India: 1992–1996
Completed 35 credit hours of PMP
Attended several Comdata internal trainings, such as “Customer Satisfaction” and “Yearly IT Security and Audit Assessment”
Volunteer Indian Classical Drum Player for non-profit organizations in Tennessee, Kentucky, Texas, Ohio, and Indiana
JAVA/J2EE, RDBMS (Oracle, DB2, NSQL, MSSQL), Microsoft, HP UNIX, AIX, Tandem, OS390M C, C++, C#.Net, ASP, and Business Intelligence