Account Manager Energy Sector Resume Sample
Phone # / Cell Phone #
Competitive, innovative, and proactive sales professional and business leader, with track record of success in escalating sales, revolutionizing services, developing and cultivating strong relationships, and establishing focused corporate programs and strategies that meet marketplace objectives. Demonstrate extensive product knowledge and business management skills, combined with broad-based and hands-on experience in performing and supervising activities in implementing commercial strategies. Experienced in generating comprehensive business plans and building talented teams committed to exceeding organizational objectives.
- Exhibit extensive expertise in commercialization strategies, including account attainment and management, strategic planning, sales techniques, and market evaluation
- Adept at leading and setting initiatives as well as in identifying goals and requirements to develop innovative systems and procedures to optimize delivery of customer service and expand profit
- Demonstrated advanced expertise in identifying and capitalizing on new growth opportunities through market analysis, product development expertise, and keen business instincts
Oil and Gas Consulting
Coaching and Mentoring
Strategic Partnership Development
Project / Product Management
Sales and Marketing Management
Stu & V SOLUTIONS, HOUSTON, TX
Principal Customer Account Manager | 2012-Present
Provide expert oversight in dealing with selected group of strategic accounts exhibiting significant business interests with a number of Shell business groups. Handle and supervise global team in capturing and developing business by providing high-quality technical consulting services and technology licensing services, while enabling value for wider Shell Group interests. Establish and develop working relationship with strategic customer to optimize Royal Dutch Shell value and determine additional opportunities for other Shell groups, such as Upstream, Trading, Chemicals, E&P, and others. Effectively manage complex negotiations involving transactions with various cross-business and multi-faceted internal and external stakeholders. Train, mentor, and coach less experienced members of the Deal Leadership Team.
- Led the North American market in generating revenue and NIBT in 2012, 2013, 2015, 2017, and 2018.
- Met and exceeded all financial and NIBT targets by 30% in 2017 and 50% in 2018.
- Successfully negotiated and closed the single largest North American service agreement in United States business history, for Shell Global Solutions.
- Secured multiple cross-business engagements with key strategic customers, which included a $300M contract for Shell Chemicals and a $100M increase in sales revenue for Shell Trading.
- Acknowledged as the Recipient of Prestigious Rainmaker Award in 2012, 2013, and 2015.
AB – C CHEMICALS COMPANY, HOUSTON, TX
Sales and Marketing Director | 2009-2012
Effectively led a group of nine sales and marketing professionals overseeing marketing and sales resources for the Americas Solvents Business, ensuring the achievement of sales, revenue, and NIBT targets for the Americas solvents business. Rendered coaching, mentoring, and support to direct reports, including integrated team development for sales and customer service organization.
- Strategically planned, developed, and executed a new e-business program for Shell Chemicals in collaboration with key global leaders, which reduced overall costs and significantly enhanced customer satisfaction in order placement and tracking process.
- Consistently met and exceeded all financial targets for the region.
- Successfully implemented a new marketing plan for Mexican market, which eliminated over $500K in fixed costs, while improving solvent sales by more than 1000%.
AB – C CHEMICALS COMPANY, HOUSTON, TX
Product Manager | 2008-2009
Served as a product manager for transitional phase of the Hydrocarbon Solvents Business reorganization focusing on product rationalization, business impact studies, HSSE revisions and supply, and logistic changes. Managed all aspects of day-to-day responsibilities for product production, pricing, and maintenance of current business.
- Generated 20% reduction in overall costs for product supply, with a 10% reduction in product volume and greater than 10% improvement in net income.
Electrical End-Use Manager | AB – C CHEMICALS COMPANY, HOUSTON, TX
Business Development Manager | AB – C CHEMICALS COMPANY, CHARLOTTE, NC
Account Executive | BCD PLASTICS, KNOXVILLE, TN
Senior Sales Representative | AB – C CHEMICALS COMPANY, DETROIT, MI
Master of Business Administration | UNIVERSITY OF MNOP, OXFORD, MS
Bachelor of Science in Chemistry | UNIVERSITY OF MNOP, OXFORD, MS
Shell Global Business Leadership Program, Wharton School of Business
Harvard Senior Negotiation Program
Diagnostic Business Development Program
Diagnostic Business Development Coach
Lore Sales Management Coach
Advanced Customer Relationship Training
Future Deal Leader
Six Sigma Black Belt Trained, Green Belt Certified
National Petroleum and Refiners Association
AWARDS AND HONORS
Winner of Rainmaker Award in 2012, 2013, and 2015
Special Recognition Award in 2001, 2001, 2008, 2011, 2012, 2016, and 2017
Productivity Award Winner in 2005
Pacesetter Award Winner in 2002