Accounting and Financial Manager Resume Sample
Phone # / Cell Phone #
Competent, proactive, and results-driven accounting professional, equipped with well-developed qualifications, combined with extensive experience in diverse areas involving corporate accounting, financial reporting, and management of direct reports. Demonstrate efficiency in environments requiring problem resolution, economic expertise, and business acumen, all in fast-paced and high-volume settings. Utilize strategic planning and decision-making skills in initiating positive changes along with strengths in improving existing processes and defining continuous improvement to generate outstanding results. Adept at analyzing operational and financial needs; proficient in simplifying and communicating complex financial scenarios. Key strengths:
- Accounting and Financial Reporting
- Forecasting and Budgeting
- Accounts Receivable and Payable
- Financial System Integrations
- Staff Training and Development
- Financial Statement Consolidations
- Strategic Vision and Tactical Execution
- Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- Team Development and Management
Technical Skills: Excel 2003 and 2010, Microsoft Office, QuickBooks Enterprise 9.0, Great Plains Dynamics, SBT, AS/400, Oncontact Software CMS, Crystal Reports, Yardi, and Asset Keeper Professional Experience Company RST | Northbrook, IL Accounting Manager | 2013−2019
- Delivered keen oversight in month-end close process, financial statement preparation and review, as well as fixed asset management and depreciation schedule.
- Proficiently handled various financial statements, including general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and bank accounts along with journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Leverage skills in maintaining prepaid and depreciation schedules as well as insurance and regulatory annual reports for the company.
- Applied best management practices in carrying out payroll and benefits administration functions.
- Accomplished comprehensive review and audit on daily cash receipts.
- Rendered direct supervision to two full-time employees while serving as contact for outside accountants and auditors.
- Led efforts in improving the process of receiving and depositing customer payments through application of electronic deposit.
- Utilized IT resources in implementing, testing, and rolling out a payment processing module.
- Improved reporting of client repayments for payments processing by batch rather than manual duplicate entry, preventing duplication of payment entry into two separate databases.
- Played an instrumental role in automating the process of funding entry into QuickBooks.
- Facilitated the training of new accounting staff members in performing various duties, such as AP, AR, cash posting, and bank reconciliations.
- Established and executed accounting procedures and policies manual.
- Obtained necessary accounting schedules for yearly audit of financials.
- Exemplified versatility and multitasking skills in performing several tasks, including HR and controller functions such as working with third party beneﬁt administrators for plan.
Company UVW | Oldsmar, FL Staff Accountant | 2010−2013
- Managed and coordinated month-end close processes, including journal entries, accruals, and account reconciliations.
- Exemplified superior performance in accounts receivable management and lockbox reconciliation.
- Provided effectual assistance in the development and implementation of new billing procedures, along with processing and maintaining daily credit card charges and collecting past due accounts.
- Utilized Crystal Reports in developing weekly and monthly AR aging schedule.
- Ensured accuracy of integrated data though extensive testing of new database during conversion and evaluating precision of information flow into the accounting software.
- Oversaw the migration of accounting systems from QuickBooks to Great Plains.
- Made major contributions in organizing accounting system and AR module.
Earlier Experience Company XYZ| Vernon Hills, IL
- Senior Collector, Advertising Accounting Department | 2009−2010
- Senior Vendor Incentives Analyst | 2005−2009
- Collections Analyst, Corporate Collections and Government Collections | 2003−2005
- Cash Poster/Billing | 2002−2003
Education Master of Business Administration in Accounting XYZ University| Online GPA 3.6 Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, Major in Finance XYZ College | Park City, IL Professional Affiliation Institute of Management Accountants (IMA)