Accounting Manager Resume Sample
Phone # / Cell Phone #
Seasoned, detail-oriented, and results-driven professional, with in-depth knowledge of accounting and finance fundamentals. Equipped with proven ability to improve operations, generate business growth, and maximize profits through achievements in plan design, loss prevention, finance management, internal controls, and productivity and efficiency improvements. Competent with strong qualifications in general management across the financial and retail areas. Successful in delivering excellent analysis skills and securities regulation expertise as well as optimizing financial efficiency and surpassing organization targets. Flexible, willing to travel.
Areas of Expertise
- Financial Data Analysis
- Personnel and Resources Coordination
- Statistical Reporting and Analysis
- Strategic Planning and Execution
- Database Management
- Accuracy and Quality Administration
Accounting and Finance
- Ensured accurate reporting of income and expenses by thoroughly reviewing financials.
- Facilitated month-end closings along with monthly variation analysis and operational reporting.
- Efficiently handled accounts payable and receivable functions, such as purchase requisitions processing and disbursement of amounts owed, credits and collections, service agreement, and payroll.
- Performed comprehensive evaluation of reconciled monthly bank statements as well as agency and direct bill commissions.
- Provided effectual assistance in all phases of audit engagements for non-profit, manufacturing, governments, high-technology, wholesale, and real estate industries, including observation of physical inventory, preparation of confirmations, drafting of engagement letter, assessment of risk, and performance of analytical review.
- Applied gained knowledge and skills in preparing individual, partnership, fiduciary, and corporate tax returns along with quarterly payroll reports.
- Took part in completing and recording Frost Insurance Accounting disaster recovery plan.
- Played a key role in the development and documentation of consolidated insurance accounting principles.
- Executed an established monthly direct procedure that enabled the branch manager to review stale direct bill balances.
- Demonstrated thoroughness in preparing and managing annual budget as well as in researching cost of capital projects.
Leadership and Development
- Provided direct supervision and training to diverse staff.
- Successfully established the department, hired employees, and created procedures to efficiently operate and consolidate accounting in San Antonio, the corporate office for seven locations that set standards for other locations on training and auditing.
- Contributed in the company’s preparation for peer review.
General Administrative Functions
- Leveraged skills in analyzing and interpreting monthly expenditures within the project.
- Presented complete reports of the result of variation analysis to upper management.
- Monitored inventory of other offices.
- Delivered exceptional performance in maintaining DSO of 45 days, along with developing and booking monthly franchise fees.
- Assessed the accuracy of customer policy and presented recommendations on necessary changes.
- Maintained overall quality in accounting system through close interaction with seven branch office managers; created and posted all monthly journal entries.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook Express), S2K, SAP, AMS, TAM for Windows, QuickBooks Pro, CCH Perform Plus, ACE Audit, BNA Fixed Asset Depreciation, Lotus 1-2-3, Lotus Notes, Word Pro, and remote access utilization.
UVW Agency, Inc. | San Antonio, TX
Accounting Manager | 2009-Present
Company CDE | Austin, TX
Gulf Coast Accountant | 2008-2009
OPQ Industries | Amarillo and Austin, TX
Staff Accountant | 2007-2008
Company ABC| Austin, TX
Audit and Tax Associate | 2005-2006
LMN Insurance | Austin, TX
Processor and Accounting Clerk | 2002-2005
Bachelor of Business Administration in Accounting | 2005
FGH University | Austin, TX
Continuing Education | Becker CPA Prep Class | In Progress
Affiliations and Activities
Smithville Area Chamber of Commerce
Catholic Youth Organization
Meals on Wheels
St. Mary’s Catholic Church
Smithville Community Gardens