Phone # / Cell Phone #
Highly-dedicated, broadly skilled, and detail-oriented law enforcement professional, with proven expertise in driving investigative requirements to protect organizational resources as well as civilian and military interests. Extremely proactive and decisive under complex operational activities, with capability of working within a team environment. Background includes managing over 600 men and women. Known for achieving excellent results.
- Equipped with more than 25 years of extensive experience and background in law enforcement as well as criminal investigative processes and procedures.
- Confident communicator, capable of working collaboratively with other law enforcement agencies.
- Exposed to numerous tactical and strategic security missions; highly knowledgeable in police directives and instruction as well as other federal statutes.
- Expert at delivering professional administrative leadership at a command level.
Areas of Expertise
- Law Enforcement Principles
- Criminal Investigative Techniques
- Security Industry Standards
- Conflict and Problem Resolution
- Supervision and Training
- Liaison and Intelligence Sources
- Police Instruction
- Technical Surveillance
- Founded and instituted the Megan Biebel SIDS Memorial Foundation, a non-profit organization that raised more than $250K for Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS) Research.
- Organized the Detective Operational Group (DOG) to work on multi-jurisdictional areas targeting high-crime areas with the cooperation of undercover detectives and troopers.
- Coordinated implementation of security system upgrade of the New Jersey State Police Troop “C” Headquarters, successfully acquiring funding source for the materials and state of the art equipment.
New Jersey Police Hamilton Headquarters ▪ Hamilton, NJ
Troop Commander ▪ Hamilton Headquarters | Dec 2018–Present
- At the rank of Captain, assume duties and execute command function under the direction of the troop commander and deputy troop commander.
- Designate authority through direction, coordination, and control of personnel, equipment, and functions of the Troop “C” Region I, including all Administration, Training, and Criminal Investigation offices.
- Responsible for 365 enlisted and 312 civilian members assigned to 5 stations and units throughout the Troop “C” Region.
Holmdel Administration Officer | Oct 2017–Dec 2018
Troop Administration Officer | Jul 2016–Oct 2017
Assistant Troop Administration Officer | Apr 2016–Jul 2016
- Organized monthly management accountability conferences.
- Arranged and prepared scheduling for staff officer inspections and visitations.
- Maintained and updated all personnel files of active enlisted and civilian members assigned to the troop.
- Drafted memoranda and responses on behalf of troop commander and deputy troop commander.
- Carried out all ranking meetings for promotional process.
- Executed administration inspections of the three Troop “E” stations, as well as the five Troop “C” stations.
- Conducted evaluations for civilian employees.
- Effectively supervised the training of all troop headquarters personnel, as well as transportation sergeant first class, MAPPS sergeant first class, troop training officer, and Troop MVR Review Team.
Integrity Officer | Jan 2014–Apr 2016
- Acted as liaison officer among troop commander, Office of Professional Standards (OPS,) Office of State Police Affairs (OSPA,) and the Attorney General’s Office.
- Efficiently coordinated, reviewed, and designated all internal investigations within the troop.
- Preserved and facilitated critical and confidential information between troop commander and OPS.
- Analyzed internal complaints and gathered documentation to determine the classification for referral and proper investigation.
- Executed periodic inspections of troop operations to ensure compliance with policies and procedures.
- Carefully monitored all MAPPS entries on notifications and counseling.
Assistant Criminal Investigation Officer | Jan 2010–Apr 2016
- Directed the department consisting of 23 criminal investigation office detectives and zone supervisors.
- Oversaw daily operations, performance tracking, and training of department personnel.
- Provided recommendations and mentored personnel regarding investigation techniques.
- Supervised and guided personnel throughout complex investigations.
- Supplied necessary resources to personnel enabling delivery of high-level performance.
Criminal Investigation Office Supervisor | Jun 2006–Jun 2010
- Coordinated overall operations of criminal investigation office, functioning as detective sergeant with direct responsibilities of supervising two detectives and one civilian staff member
- Carried out evaluation and approval of all investigative reports submitted by station personnel consisting of an annual average of 900 criminal investigations
- Monitored and supervised follow-up on continuing investigations as well as pending cases
- Provided counseling to station personnel, advising them on proper investigation techniques
Tactical Patrol Unit, Woodbridge | May 2005–Jun 2006
General Road Duty Trooper, Holmdel Station | Dec 2002–May 2005
General Road Duty Trooper, Allenwood Station | Feb 2000–Dec 2002
General Road Duty Trooper, Tactical Patrol Unit, Princeton Station | Aug 1996–Feb 2000
General Road Duty Trooper, Bordentown Station / Ft Dix Stations | Jun 1994–Aug 1996
Comex Commodity Trader ▪ Company XZY, New York, NY | Jan 1992–Feb 1994
Master’s Degree in Administrative Science: In Progress
Certificate in Administrative Science: 2019
Bachelor’ Degree in Individualized Studies, with Specialization in Public Administration Science: 2014
Associate’s Degree in Business Administration: 1992
XZY College▪ Lincroft, NJ
Executive Leadership, Jun 2018
Mid-Level Management, Jun 2014
International Terrorism Symposium, Jun 2012
Creating a Culture of Integrity, Jun 2012
Supervision School, Nov 2011
Terrorism Symposium, Sep 2011
Missing and Exploited Children School, Jun 2009
Search and Seizure Course, May 2008
Undercover Narcotics School, Aug 2005
Criminal Investigation School, Mar 2004
Firearms Automated Training, Jul 2001
Physical Training Instructor, May 2001
Driving While Intoxicated Course, Jan 2000
Incident Command System, Aug 1999
PR-24 Instructor School, Mar 1999
Defensive Tactics School, Nov 1998
Interview & Interrogation School, Jun 1998
Third Interview and Interrogation, Jun 1998
Emergency Response, Apr 1998
Commercial Vehicle Drug Interdiction, Mar 1998
Firearms Instructor School, Mar 1998
Awards and Recognitions
- Jason Douglas Creager Humanitarian Award, Jun 2014
- Certificate of Commendation (for outstanding performance in a lifesaving encounter), Apr 2009
- Division Recommendation Award (Lt. N. Theodus, Major Crimes Unit), May 2004
- Letter of Commendation (Col. C. Williams, Ref: E05095110), Mar 2004
- Letter of Commendation (Col. C. Williams, Ref: E05095119), Mar 2003
- Letter of Commendation (Col. C. Williams, Ref: E0509552), Jan 2003
- Division Recommendation Award (Capt. D. Zilinski), Dec 2002
- Certificate of Commendation (Division Award), Dec 1998
- Division Recommendation Award (Lt. L. Dellett), May 1998
- Letter of Appreciation (Detective P. Ramsey, Brick Township Police Department), Feb 1997
- Division Award (Lt. G. Garibaldi), Feb 1997 and Feb 1998
- Letter of Commendation (Col. C. Pagano), Mar 1996 and May 1996
Vice President,New JerseyState Law Enforcement Officers Association
Member, Troop “E” Social Committee
Coach, Middletown Youth Athletic Association
Member, Jason’s Dreams for Kids Foundation