Aircraft Technician Resume Sample
Phone # / Cell Phone #
Analytical and detail-oriented professional with increasingly hands-on responsible experience within the aviation industry. Equipped with proven ability to supervise effective teams, oversee daily operations, and improve workflow efficiency and accuracy. Adapt quickly to changing work environments and capable of working well independently or as part of a team.Currently holds Top Secret Security clearance.
- Well-qualified in performing all tasks relevant to interpreting manuals, maintaining and documenting maintenance logs, as well as examining, inspecting, repairing, and replacing aircraft equipment and components.
- Accustomed in applicable rules and regulations pertaining to safety procedures and policies, as well as documentation and implementation of maintenance inspections and procedures.
- Adept at using precision equipment and tools to inspect, measure, diagnose, repair, and replace aircraft systems, assemblies, and sub-assemblies.
- Highly skilled at utilizing logic and reasoning to identify solutions, conclusions, and approaches in troubleshooting, repair, maintenance, installation, and documentation of equipment.
Lead Aircraft Technician | QRS Inc., Tallil, Iraq | 2017–Present
Provide effective leadership and direction to a staff of six technicians in overseeing the performance of scheduled and unscheduled maintenance on company aircraft throughout Iraq. Ensure that the maintenance and installation of avionics equipment was properly installed on aircraft by leading avionics personnel.
- Proactively conducted inspection and verification on major repairs and alterations as required by FAR Part 91
- Coordinated with Flight Operations to ensure aircraft availability for assigned missions.
Quality Assurance Inspector | DEFG Corp International, Tikrit, Iraq | 2008–2009
Rendered quality assurance support to 10 United States Army C12 aircrafts assigned to Task Force ODIN. Maintained accurate documentation of forms and records to ensure compliance with United States Army standards and DynCorp Intl FAR Part 145 Repair Station Certificate. Performed aircraft weighing and weight and balance calculations as required.
- Ensured aircraft were thoroughly inspected and properly maintained in safe and airworthy condition in compliance with the Statement of Work set forth in the LCCS contract.
- Complied with company policies and procedures on tool calibration, tool control, FOD control and prevention, HAZMAT policies and procedures, as well as engine oil analysis program.
- Upheld accurate record entries as required.
FAA Designated Mechanic Examiner | Self-Employed, Concord, NC | 2002–2008
Assisted applicants in the application for the FAA Certification of Airframe and Powerplant License by conducting and evaluating oral and practical examination; issued temporary airman certificate if the applicant passed test.
Lead Aircraft Technician | JKLM Aviations, Concord, NC | 2008–2016
Led and oversaw all aspects of day-to-day operations of the Aircraft Maintenance Department for the NASCAR Aviation Concord, North Carolina facility. Handled and provided maintenance on aircraft, which included Lear 31 and 35, King Air B100 and 350, Citation III, and HS 125.
- Facilitated maintenance as well as preventive maintenance and inspections on company aircraft to ensure that the aircraft were maintained in accordance with current FAA regulations.
- Gathered competitive bids from outside vendors for outside maintenance.
- Prepared and reported budgetary information to the Director of Aircraft Maintenance.
STUVW AVIATION, GALLATIN, TN
Director of Maintenance
XYZ SERVICES, FAIRBANKS, AK
UNITED STATES ARMY, FAIRBANKS, AK
Observation Scout Helicopter Repairman
ABC UNIVERSITY AT ROSWELL, ROSWELL, NM
Associate of Applied Science in Aviation Maintenance Technology | 2014
FLIGHT SAFETY INTERNATIONAL, WICHITA, KS
Hawker Beechcraft 750, 800XP, 900 Initial Training | 2015
Cessna Citation III, VI, and VII Advanced Troubleshooting | 2014
Cessna Citation III, VI, and VII Initial Training | 2011
King Air B300 Initial Training | 2011
FLIGHT SAFETY INTERNATIONAL, ORLANDO, FL
Cessna Citation III, VI, and VII Recurrent Training | 2012
FEDERAL AVIATION ADMINISTRATION, OKLAHOMA CITY, OK
Designated Mechanic Examiner | 2010
HONEYWELL ENGINE ACADEMY, PHOENIX, AZ
TFE 731 Engine Initial Training | 2008
SIMUFLIGHT INTERNATIONAL, DALLAS, TX
Hs125 700/800 Initial Training | 2005
Falcon 10 Initial Training | 2005
LICENSURE AND CERTIFICATIONS
Airframe and Powerplant License with Inspection Authorization
Private Pilot FCC Restricted Radiotelephone Operator Permit
AWARDS AND HONORS
Selected to serve as FAA Designated Mechanic Examiner