Assistant Fire Chief Resume Sample
Phone # / Cell Phone #
Multifaceted and diligent professional, with accomplished qualifications in resolving internal and citizen concerns quickly and effectively by carrying out effective and appropriate courses of action. Render hands-on leadership to the improvement of initiatives for all district personnel, ensuring employee safety and agency compliance with health and environmental regulations. Assess and eliminate risks and hazards through effective recommendations in executing corrective action plans; ormulate policies, plans, and procedures; analyze and coordinate accident, injury, and lost time statistics as well as cost data reports; and provide safety manuals, training outlines, and employee instructions. Adapt quickly to changing business environments and needs while ensuring on-time and within-budget delivery of new and highly effective business solutions.
Plano Fire Department, Plano, TX
“Plano Fire Department is a 330-member department serving app 270,000 residents and a daytime population of up to 350,000 with an operating budget of close to $50M.”
CAPTAIN, Fire Prevention Division | 2010-Present
Manage the plan review section of the fire prevention division, including all life and property protection systems while supervising new system inspections after installation. Review 20-25 plan submittals and 25-30 new system inspections on a weekly basis. Work hand-in-hand with the City Planning Department, Engineering, and Building Inspections on a weekly basis while participating on multiple pre-application and development meetings to increase business engagements in Plano Region. Simultaneously served on the oral interview board and peer review committee for EMS.
- Addressed the need to provide community with safe structures, along with providing the contractor needs to meet deadlines and obtain approval for alternate means and methods of fire protection and life safety.
- Significantly contributed to the development of annual inspection program for Fire Department by collaborating with other captain and fire marshal in leading the division as well as addressing specific code questions through presentations meant to either gain acceptance or denial of the fire marshal.
- Redeveloped standards and design manuals and assumed the role of fire marshal (assistant chief position) managing the Fire Prevention Division with 13 personnel and operating budget in excess of $1.2M.
CAPTAIN-IN-CHARGE | 2009-Present
Direct eight personnel at station 7 in Plano Area. Oversee customer base by providing EMS and fire and rescue response, as well as inspections of commercial occupancies and public education. Ensure safety of firefighters as well as the public and their properties. Function as training officer, responsible for professional development of new hires and records management of various personnel based on EMS, fire, and ISO trainings.
- Leveraged administrative skills in report writing, interdepartmental memos, requests for equipment, and PowerPoint presentations.
- Directed and encouraged all subordinates to master vital skills and service delivery while contributing to a multifaceted team of 13 engine companies and 4 truck companies in response to community needs.
FIREFIGHTER / PARAMEDIC | Jun 2003-Aug 2018
Provided emergency care to critical and non-critical patients while serving as Field Training Officer (FTO) for medical personnel. Led fire suppression and rescue operations, and functioned as HAZMAT technician.
- Initiated and executed the process of acceptance for paramedic training throughout the department.
- Ensured physical delivery of service to customers, and streamlined the execution of orders requested by higher officers.
- Coached several new members and contributed in facilitating training and evaluation of newly graduated paramedics.
LIEUTENANT OF ENGINE 12 | 2015-2017
Functioned as training officer of five individuals while presiding over the Station 2, the Hazardous Materials Response Team for Plano and other counties in North Dallas, and Confined Space Rescue Team. Teamed up with shift’s two battalion chiefs and Training Division to incorporate SCBA skills station to department training.
- Served as one of the department’s training proctors in support to department-wide training.
TRUCK 1 DRIVER | 2013-2015
Operated a 110-foot aerial during response to emergency incidents, ensuring safety and effective outcomes. Supported the development of current operational procedures for fire incidents in collaboration with captain and battalion chief.
- Served as integral part of a coordinated ventilation and search team; executed fire calls and performed rescue and extrication duties on traffic incidents.
EFG Company, Greenville, TX
FLIGHT PARAMEDIC | 2011-PRESENT
Offer high-quality pre-hospital advanced life support, including assessment, triage, and treatment in accordance with established standards and guidelines within the scope of practice. Evaluate scope and limitation of specific illnesses and injuries to provide appropriate care needed for safe transport of critical patients to respective facilities.
CORPORAL (E-4): HONORABLY DISCHARGE, U.S. Marine Corps
Texas Department of State Health Services, Athens, TX
2018 Inspector I/II, Plan Reviewer I, CDE College, McKinney, TX
2017 Fire Sprinkler Course, AFSA, Dallas, TX
2016 Safety Officer, Fire Officer II, Plano Fire Department, Plano, TX
2015 National Response Framework, Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) IS-800, Plano, TX
Rope Rescue Operations |Rope Rescue Technician |Confined Space Technician, ABC College, Ft. Worth, TX
2011 Firefighter Intermediate |Firefighter Advanced |Fire Officer I ICS |FEMA Course 100/200, Plano Fire Department, Plano, TX
2012 National Incident Management System (NIMS), FEMA Course IS-700, Plano Fire Department, Plano, TX
2010 Driver/Operator, Collin College, McKinney, TX
2009 Critical Care Paramedic, LifeStar Air Ambulance
2008 Paramedic Preceptor, Plano Fire Department, Plano, TX
AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS
Lifesaving Award (1)
Distinguished Unit Citations (3)
Several Letters of Commendation, Plano Fire Department
Paramedic of the Year
Navy Achievement Medal
Letter of Commendation, Commandant of the Marine Corps (for actions in support of a community outreach program)
Recommendation for Meritorious Promotion to Corporal
Nomination for Marine of the Quarter
AFFILIATION AND ACTIVITY
International Association of Firefighters
Muscular Dystrophy Association Volunteer (4 years as camp counselor at MDA Camp in Meridian, Texas)