Associate Equity Analyst Resume Sample
Phone # / Cell Phone #
Results-oriented, highly analytical, and multifaceted professional, offering strong educational background and more than seven years of progressive experience in finance, accounting, and equity and pricing analysis. Interested in pursuing a position, but not limited to science-based research approach or expansive media to continue the promotion of knowledge, skills, and capabilities. Recognized for surpassing all expectations and rendering optimum level of service regardless of time constraints or special considerations. Known for keen eye for detail with proven capacity to multitask in competitive, high-impact, and fast-paced environment.
- Well-versed in handling and administering science and media conservation.
- Possess extensive background in Mosaic Theory of data aggregation in building revenue models.
- Adept at delegating multiple duties to specific team members to ensure timely and successful project completion.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Leadership, Training, and Staff Motivation
Budget Control and Implementation
Process and Productivity Improvement
Financial System and Modeling
ABC COMPANY, New York, NY
Associate Equity Analyst, Investment Department | 2017-Present
Function as buy-side equity research associate and equity analyst, in charge for generating new investment ideas and addressing current client holdings with companies primarily identified in the healthcare as well as in the technology sectors. Coordinate strategic execution in administering correlation scenarios on mock fund versus several equity benchmark indices as well as commodity pricing. Proficiently handle the compilation and processing of sector specific fund in FactSet for daily monitoring against comparable benchmark. Apply dynamic leadership in supervising assigned intern responsible for supporting work in healthcare sector. Regularly participate and involve in conferences to generate new ideas which led to the development of innovative investing initiatives. Strictly monitor and analyze the overall healthcare related companies in main investment strategies and serve as point person when lead healthcare analyst is unavailable. Prepare reports of any material news on primary healthcare holdings as well as read-through analysis to Investment Department every morning.
- Consistently recognized for exceptional performance and received promotions as part of a team that marketed healthcare-focused, global equity fund for foreign clients with initial fund value of more than $100M.
- Demonstrated advanced expertise in allocating greater granularity in comparing valuations metrics through creation of broker consensus computer sheets on multiple companies, which resulted in completion of peer multiple valuations on the fly.
- Spearheaded the development and distribution of quarterly earnings reviews of main healthcare holdings to investment and client advisor professionals, which resulted in timely and efficient flow of information throughout the company.
- Sustained constant communication with medical professional such as MDs and PhDs that led to the modification of estimated growth rates on a macro level, resulting in significant comprehension of potential earnings power early stage drugs.
- Played an integral role for the significant development and completion of house revenue models for public companies, such as pre revenue biotech and medical technology firms.
- Devised and formulated statistical figures presented by companies through due diligence and publicly available statistics, such as specific demographic values and growth rates of populations.
- Provided exemplary assistance and support to lead healthcare analyst with company and sector level research on firms held within Rockefeller Financial’s main investment strategy portfolios.
- Conducted thorough assessment on work performed and recommended insightful tips on how to function through the group in a more efficient manner as necessary, which broadened personnel skills and maximized workflow of the business operations.
- Drafted mock portfolio returns to provide stimulation of performance; administered security weights required to be reweighted on a monthly basis, resulting in withdrawal of skewed performance over time due to higher Beta names.
Portfolio Engineer | 2013-2017
Maintained ongoing and professional relationships with chief investment officer (CIO) as well as two other portfolio managers by providing support in sustaining equity portion of client portfolios in line with respective equity strategies. Enhanced comprehensive knowledge on visibility of underlying objectives and needs of the accounts and clients services by attending to trust review meetings on client accounts. Courteously handled direct client calls to CIO and client advisor on accounts that had higher than normal degree of nuances. Recommended effective ways of trading accounts to CIO to benefit client not only by reducing tracking error in the long run but also to minimize settlement costs due to decreased amount of trades. Collaborated closely with public healthcare stock with CIO; prepared and carried out company research and key thesis points. Obtained procurement and approval of purchase for stock in lead equity strategy portfolio and stock.
Expanded knowledge on Microsoft Excel and various statistical programs such as NorthField and FactSet to identify key valuations points, which resulted in the identification of any clients legacy stocks as viable replacements for current strategy positions. Assembled and collected economic data points such as S&P historical earnings data for presentation in meetings via Bloomberg and FactSet terminals.
- Originated and implemented varying scenarios of raising cash in client account by trimming specific equity holdings.
- Led efforts in maintaining and reducing overall tracking error of assigned portfolios during time in portfolio engineering, resulting in lowest tracking error on total accounts relative to peers; this initiative is monitored on a monthly basis.
- Instrumental for the successful implementation of new equity target weights into over 50 different client portfolios while incorporating possible low cost basis and legacy holdings as possible replacements.
- Significantly involved and contributed in the development of key strategies with PMs for maintaining asset allocation ranges in accounts with multiple asset classes.
- Performed a pivotal role in conceptualizing and developing discount cash flow model on two parts of the company to create aggregate sum of the parts valuation.
- Formed and crafted equity screens with multiple companies and a wide range of data points and valuation metrics through application of investment software such as FactSet to research equities.
- Actively involved in creating and implementing new client portfolios with existing positions to mimic current strategy portfolios to minimize duplication of positions.
- Acquired strong replacements for client tax swaps and maintenance to socially responsive investment strategy by studying and researching statistical correlations between companies.
RST COMPANY, New York, NY
Senior Pricing Analyst | 2012-2013
Displayed unsurpassed leadership and guidance in managing two junior pricing analysts to manually price every non-marketable security held by managed and non-managed clients of Rockefeller. Managed performance flows of all manually priced securities to help identify possible errors and to dispute prices if necessary. Established strong relationship with clients by providing information in response to inquiries about pricing and services as well as to address and resolve complaints in a timely manner. Researched corporate actions such as splits, mergers, and acquisitions processed and valued correctly in the system for clients both managed and non-managed through Bloomberg Application.
- Efficiently determined pricing feeds discrepancies through development of a system utilizing an uploaded portfolio to Bloomberg.
- Expertly administered the verification process of pricing on all marketable and non-marketable funds and securities to provide sign off to reporting group to secure timely and accurate statement processing of client each month.
Intern, The Shamlian Group, USB FINANCIAL, Syracuse, NY | 2012
Intern, Client Sales and Management – Institutional Brokers, THE LONDON STOCK EXCHANGE PLC, London, England | 2010
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN FINANCE (DEAN’S LIST), 2011
STUV University, Syracuse, NY
AWARDS AND HONORS
Alumni Memorial Scholarship | Dean’s Scholarship
Former iPhone Game Reviewer, iPhun.tv
Volunteer Youth League Basketball College Coach
Microsoft Office Applications | Windows and Mac Operating Systems | FactSet | Bloomberg
Basic Skills in blog creation and organization via Tumblr