Associate Veterinarian Resume Sample
Phone # / Cell Phone #
Dynamic, astute, and enthusiastic senior veterinary student with experience in a diversified small animal practice encompassing quality medicine, teamwork, leadership, client communication/customer service, and education of practice management. Interested in pursuing an entry-level position that would offer the opportunity to effectively utilize knowledge and skills gained from education, community practice rotation, and work experience on client communication, preventative medicine, and patient/animal care within small animal general practice.
EDUCATION AND CREDENTIALS
Doctor of Veterinary Medicine | Expected Graduation: May 2018
UNIVERSITY OF UVW, COLLEGE OF XYZ, KNOXVILLE, TN
Bachelor of Science in Biochemistry, Cellular and Molecular Biology | 2014
UNIVERSITY OF UVW, KNOXVILLE, TN
Phi Eta Sigma Academic Achievement
National Society of Collegiate Scholars Academic Achievement
Golden Key International Honor Society
Tennessee HOPE Scholarship
Tennessee Student Assistance Award
Kiwanis Scholarship for Outstanding Community Service
TRAINING, DEVELOPMENT, AND ACTIVITIES
Student Chapter of American Veterinary Medical Association (SCAVMA) | 2014-2018
- Actively involved in various opportunities throughout veterinary school career which included SCAVMA auction, Open House, the Josh Project, Feral Fixin, Feline Club and the Canine Club.
Practice Management Course; Completed Jon Dittrich’s Course: 15 Hours | 2017
- Relevant Classes: Client Communications; Money Managerial Accounting; Leadership, Demographics, Valuations of Veterinary Practices; and Personnel Management and Motivation.
Traffic Chairperson, UT Veterinary Open House | 2017
- Supervised and organized fellow students for Open House in 2017.
- Communicated with students and staff on strategic positioning of students during the event and spoke to the public concerning veterinary medicine.
Volunteer, UT Veterinary Open House | 2016
- Ensured general public were properly educated on veterinary anatomy through use of plastinated specimens and pictures.
- Informed attendees on the importance of heartworm disease and its prevention.
COMPANY ABC- KNOXVILLE, TN
Weekend Technician-Animal Caretaker | 2012-2015
- Initially served as an animal caretaker and received positive evaluation from employer and promoted to weekend veterinarian technician.
- As a caretaker, cleaned cages, walked dogs, bathed animals, did the laundry, and maintained a clean area for both people and patients. Assisted veterinary technicians and veterinarians with tasks, including restraint, phlebotomy, and exposing/ processing radiographs.
- As a technician, processed evening treatments to all hospitalized animals and administered medication to boarding animals.
- Proactively performed various duties, such as administering IV, SQ, IM and PO medications, fluids, syringe feedings, and after-hour treatments; monitoring animal blood glucose levels; and diagnosing disease through conducting heartworm, FeLV/FIV, and fecal tests.
- Communicated and educated clients on providing animal care. Rendered day-to-day care in all boarding and in-patient animals.
COMPANY DEF, KNOXVILLE, TN
Shift Leader | 2011-2012
- Performed several duties, such as handling cashier, opening and closing of shop, compiling documents, supervising co-workers, resolving issues, and providing training to new employees.
- Provided first-rate customer service and maintained communication with customer and co-workers.
- Acted as primary supervisor in charge of the store.
- Efficiently educated clients in providing animal care.
Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)