Attending Veterinarian Resume Sample
Phone # / Cell Phone #
Veterinary Care | Laboratory Medicine | Health and Safety Procedures | Staff Development | Legal and Regulatory Compliance | Leadership and Team Building
Hardworking and results-driven professional, offering comprehensive experience in veterinary care, treatment and diagnosis, laboratory medicine, education and training, and publication research. Adept at combining professional background and medical expertise, with an aptitude in fostering a positive working environment. Excellent communicator, with well-defined leadership skills and well-honed communication, problem solving, and organizational skills. Exemplify comprehensive knowledge in all aspects of Good Laboratory Practice (GLP), research, leadership and community involvement, with a methodical and level-headed approach to meet the challenges faced by today’s laboratory research and medical industry.
1997-2001| DOCTOR OF VETERINARY MEDICINE
ABC University, College of CDE, Fort Collins, CO
Received the Upjohn Award for Proficiency in Veterinary Clinical Medicine
1989-1994 | BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN TERRESTRIAL WILDLIFE BIOLOGY
University FGH , Missoula, MT
CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES
- 2018 Montana Deputy State Veterinary License
- 2018 Montana Trichomoniasis Testing Certification
- 2017 Surgical Research Specialist (SRS) Certification – Academy of Surgical Research
National Animal Health Emergency Response Corps (NAHERC), Iowa City, Iowa
- 2018 Introduction to NAHERC
- 2018 Vesicular Diseases2011 Exotic Avian Diseases
- 2018 Health and Safety
- 2018 Incident Command System (ICS)
- 2018 ICS for Single Resources and Initial Action Incidents
- 2018 Introduction to National Incident Management System (NIMS)
- 2018 Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- 2018 Avian Influenza and Exotic Newcastle Disease
- 2018 Veterinary Medical Officer
West Coast Quality Training Institute, Missoula, MT
- 2018 Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) Training
American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine, Lakewood, CO
- 2016 Cardiac Ultrasonography Workshop
VETERINARY DIRECTOR OF SURGICAL RESEARCH LABORATORY | Jul 2013-May 2018
COMPANY JKL, Missoula, MT
- Spearhead daily activities of the entire laboratory staff and manage daily laboratory operations, ensuring smooth operations of the laboratory. Annually assess the work of the support staff.
- Efficiently train personnel regarding the appropriate use of specialized laboratory techniques, processes, Animal Use Protocols and Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) procedures.
- Oversee research grants and prepare laboratory budgets. Proficiently prepare Animal Use Protocols, grant reports and participate in grant proposal and submission procedures.
- Ensure compliance with U.S. Department of Agriculture, Office of Laboratory Animal Welfare (OLAW), and ALAAAC regulations regarding laboratory animal use.
- Liaise with investigators in planning research protocols and in evaluating the entire protocols to be carried out in the laboratory. Assist in the development of sophisticated experimental procedures.
- Accumulate and evaluate experimental data, while assisting in data analysis and interpretation.
- Support the generation of various scientific papers, specifically in writing sections detailing methods and materials.
- Serve as GLP Study Director for GLP studies, overseeing the entire procedures to maintain the integrity of GLP studies.
- Efficiently order all equipment and supplies and update equipment service/maintenance records.
- Render assistance with the execution of a wide array of surgical procedures, such as microvascular surgery, soft tissue surgery, cardiopulmonary bypass procedures, and necropsy.
- Direct daily operations of a non-clinical research laboratory, investigating cardiovascular and tissue-engineered devices, under the supervision of the principal investigator.
EMERGENCY AND CRITICAL CARE VETERINARIAN | May 2004-Jun 2006
COMPANY MNO, Missoula, MT
- Streamlined diagnosis and treatment of acute illness, trauma, intoxications, and surgical emergencies of small and exotic animals.
- Demonstrated expertise in carrying out emergency orthopedic and soft tissue surgery, administering anesthesia, as well as monitoring the application of ventilatory support equipment/machine.
- Mentored skilled and unskilled lay staff in the proper execution of veterinary nursing care.
VOLUNTEER WILDLIFE VETERINARIAN | Mar 2003-Apr 2004
COMPANY PQR, Lynnwood, WA
- Diagnosed and administered appropriate treatments to wildlife disease and trauma in terrestrial and marine mammals, upland game birds, migratory birds, and ungulates.
- Skillfully conducted surgical repair of traumatic injuries and rendered medical care to various species.
EMERGENCY AND CRITICAL CARE VETERINARIAN | Mar 1995-Mar 2003
COMPANY STU, Seattle, WA
- Applied ventilator support, executed emergency surgery (orthopedic and soft tissue), and administered anesthesia.
- Medicated small and exotic animals with acute illnesses, trauma, and intoxications, as well as attended to surgical emergencies.
EMERGENCY AND CRITICAL CARE VETERINARIAN | May 1994-Mar 1995
COMPANY VWX, Corvallis, OR
VETERINARIAN | Jul 2001-May 2002
COMPANY XYZ, Longview, MA
American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA)
Montana Veterinary Medical Association (MVMA)
Academy of Surgical Research (ASR)
Wildlife Disease Association (WDA)
American Association of Wildlife Veterinarians (AAWV)
Panel Member, Cardiopulmonary Bypass in Sheep, American Association for Laboratory Animal Science (AALAS), Memphis, TN
Volunteer, Christian Veterinary Mission, Seattle, WA
Member, North Fork Landowner’s Association, Flathead, MT
Associate, North Fork Preservation Association, Flathead, MT
Volunteer, Frenchtown Rural Fire Department, Frenchtown, MT
Associate, Nine Mile Wildlife Association, Work Group, Frenchtown, MT
Member, Celtic Harp Circle, Missoula, MT
Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
QuickBooks | EndNote