Attorney-at-Law Resume Sample
Phone # / Cell Phone #
Attorney-at-law with hands-on professional experience in firm management, business development and growth, consulting for clientele, as well as all aspects of trial practice. Broad-based background in a wide variety of personal injury litigation with proficiencies in legal and medical matters, such as insurance, corporate law, medical negligence, and governmental regulations. In-depth knowledge of all legal processes within a personal injury firm, pharmaceutical company, or other healthcare environment.
Juris Doctor (JD): 2010
ABC University, College of Law, Norman, OK
- Dean’s Honor Roll
- Top 10 Team in 86-Team Moot Court Competition
Bachelor of Science in Criminology
Minor in Political Science: 2007
DEF University, Oklahoma City,OK
- Graduated magna cum laude with cumulative GPA of 3.85
- Criminal Justice Student of the Year: 2007
- UPS Scholarship Award Winner: 2007
- President’s Honor Roll: 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007
- Baseball Academic All-American: 2006, 2007
- Pre-Season Baseball America “Player to Watch”: 2007
Junior Partner | Law Firm, Edmond, OK | 2015–Present
Manage all aspects of medical malpractice, nursing home, products liability, and other personal injury litigation. Perform various functions, including client interviews, medical records review, and medical research on case-specific issues. Handle the preparation and response to written discovery as well as conducting depositions and brief writing. Provide oversight and supervision to staff, made court appearances, served as first-chair in jury trials. Conduct countless witness depositions including expert witnesses in the areas of engineering, neurosurgery, neurology, cardiology, emergency medicine, pharmacology, wound care, general surgery, internal medicine, nursing, oncology, endocrinology, and family medicine.
- Successfully litigated numerous cases, resulting in millions of dollars in compensation to clients.
- Settlements totaling more than $5.9M in less than four years, which included $1.25M for failure to diagnose subdural hematoma and $1.175M for the delay in diagnosis of an epidural abscess
- Provided assistance in managing firm, employees, and representative clients.
- Lifetime membership in Million-Dollar Advocates Forum
- Invited speaker for a wound care conference sponsored by Smith & Nephew and a nursing home litigation seminar sponsored by the National Business Institute.
Associate Attorney | Company Ijl Oklahoma City, OK| 2010–2015
- Defended six medical malpractice jury trials, all of which resulted in a defense verdict.
- Approved as Lead Counsel by the largest insurer of physicians in the State of Oklahoma after only four years of practice
- Remarkably captured new client base with University of Oklahoma Physician’s Group who were self-insured.
- Successfully argued to referee of Oklahoma Supreme Court to permit ex parte communications with treating physicians.
- Conducted three expert witness depositions in three separate cases, resulting in the granting of judgment by the Court and filing of a Breach of Contract action against one expert.
Professional Affiliations and Activities
- Oklahoma County Bar Association
- Oklahoma Association for Justice
- American Association for Justice (Nursing Home, Professional Negligence, Products Liability, and Expert Witness Sections)
- Oklahoma Lawyers for Children (Volunteer)
- Million Dollar Advocates (Lifetime Member)
Awards and Honors
- Oklahoma County Pro Bono Lawyer of the Year, 2013
- Lifetime Membership, Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Drafted 2003 Major League Baseball Draft by Pittsburgh Pirates; All City, All County, All State Baseball (2003)