Phone # / Cell Phone #
VICE PRESIDENT/SENIOR VICE PRESIDENT OF BUSINESS AND LEGAL AFFAIRS
Focus of Interest: Entertainment Company (Television, Home, Video, Digital)
Motivated self-starter and performance-driven professional, offering diverse experience in negotiating and securing favorable deals, providing employers with general legal counsel, and driving business to new elevations and new areas. Demonstrate unparalleled experience in emerging growth technology and media companies in a wide range of corporate, commercial, and intellectual property matters with emphasis on television, home video, digital distribution agreements, and acquisition agreements. Highly skilled at identifying and closing transactions, expanding existing business, and winning customer loyalty. Effective leader and team player, experienced in identifying and managing risks with the ability to provide practical, results-oriented legal advice that helps the Film Group achieve its business objectives. Equipped with superior decision-making and problem-solving techniques; able to interface with management, clients, and people of diverse socio-cultural background. Armed with a strong sense of pride in handling duties, along with unparalleled commitment to getting the job done and achieving high results.
Business Formation and Structuring
New Business Development
Client Relationship Development
RHI ENTERTAINMENT, LLC, NEW YORK, NY
Senior Vice President of Business and Legal Affairs | 2005-2018
- Assumed full responsibility in negotiating and drafting network license agreements, foreign distribution/license agreements, and acquisition agreements.
- Provided expert oversight in managing all claims against RHI by the Screen Actors Guild, Writers Guild of America, and Directors Guild of America; directed outside litigation counsel in relation with lawsuits brought against the company.
- Played an integral role in formulating and implementing various agreements required by the creditors during Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings.
- Generated millions of dollars of revenue in respect of the agreements pursuant to which the films were licensed to third parties.
- Made major contributions in deriving millions of dollars of revenue for the company due to distribution, through acquiring the right to allocate made-for-television motion pictures and miniseries.
- Effectively supervised outside counsel in association with several litigations.
TURNER BROADCASTING SYSTEM, ATLANTA, GA
- Negotiated and drafted foreign television and home video license agreements as part of all the legal and business affairs work for Turner’s International Distribution Department, eventually generating millions of dollars of revenue for the company.
- Played a leadership role in the Home Video Division, negotiating license agreements with similar results and acquisition agreements pursuant to attaining distribution rights to movies for home video distribution.
- Carried out the legal and business affairs work for Turner Classic Movies, including the first agreement engaging Robert Osborne as the on-air spokesperson for TCM.
SVS INC. (A WHOLLY-OWNED SUBSIDIARY OF SONY CORPORATION OF AMERICA), NEW YORK, NY
Vice President of Business Affairs
- Successfully acquired home video, television, and theatrical distribution rights in feature films and ancillary programs, which included music, children’s documentaries, comedy, and self-help films generating revenues in excess of $20M, by negotiating and formulating all necessary licensing, distribution, production, and financing agreements.
- Oversaw all in-house legal services and served as a liaison with outside counsel regarding all facets of litigation concerning motion picture, home video and television distribution, antitrust violations, claims of copyright infringements, and general commercial matters.
MGM/UA ENTERTAINMENT CO., NEW YORK, NY
Director of Business Affairs
- Led strategic efforts in creating and negotiating home video distribution agreements in respect of programs featuring the performances of Frank Sinatra, Quincy Jones, and the Beatles among others.
- Negotiated and produced motion picture soundtrack album agreements for Rocky IV, Teachers (starring Nick Nolte), Running Scared (starring Billy Crystal and Gregory Hines), and the James Bond film, A View to a Kill (starring Roger Moore) and general corporate legal services.
BROOKLYN LAW SCHOOL, BROOKLYN, NY
Bachelor of Arts in History
QUEENS COLLEGE, FLUSHING, NY
New York and Georgia State Bars – Member