CEO of Private Equity Firm Resume Sample
Phone # / Cell Phone #
Highly accomplished and results-driven C-Level professional, offering extensive years of progressive experience and extraordinary success. Exhibited career long track record of proactive leadership in developing strategic visions and delivering outstanding results. Demonstrated expertise in promoting a positive work environment to optimize organizational effectiveness and efficiency. Creative thinker of strategic vision, utilizing innovative strategies, high ethical standards, and the ability to communicate effectively across management levels and disciplines. Successful in establishing productive business relationships by rendering exemplary customer service, as well as forming, leading, and motivating cross-functional teams.
Strategy, Vision and Mission Planning
- Served as an operating member of deal teams in providing operating perspective and assessment of management, business plans, management process, and value.
- Functioned as a Board member for a range of portfolio companies in the consumer product, retail, industrial, and financial services sectors.
- Overhaul senior leadership and initiated a formalized strategic planning process to establish core values and brand promise.
- Assumed full responsibility in managing post-acquisition value-add which include strategic planning implementation, operational issues, and acquisition assessment.
- Created industrial brand strategy resulting in a 62% IRR for investors.
Growth and Expansion Strategies
- Execute cross-functional management process and culture as well as the establishment of a second call/customer service center that decreases cost, improves capacity and provides business continuity.
- Launched an application platform project intended to transform the company’s technology capability.
- Played leadership role in conducting CEO searches and selections.
- Instrumental with the sales for public and private of several portfolio companies.
- A contributor in generating a weighted average IRR of 74% and multiple of invested capital of 4.8 by performing as a member of the Investment Committee that approved investments.
- Collaborated with financing sources on deal-specific structures.
- Spearheaded Due Diligence teams in industrial-based businesses.
Policy and Procedure Development
- Coordinated the agenda, facilitated meetings, and identified meeting priorities, while performing as communication liaison between advisors, family, and management.
- Held accountable for overseeing portfolio companies conflict resolutions.
- Served as a Chairman of a publicly traded mutual fund was responsible to oversee policy and compliance on behalf of shareholders.
- Assisted advisors and shareholders in restructuring and redefining business strategy and model.
- Formed and supervised a team of three investment professionals and one financial/administrative executive that represented more than 43 years of private equity investing and fund management experience with unrealized (6) and realized (45) investment returns that yielded a combined IRR of 57%.
- Spearheaded a team that generated a smooth deal flow and analyzed various transactions, actively investigating 15-20 fully financed and implemented due diligence.
Continuous Process Improvement
- Successfully boosted revenue, from $100M to $200M; increased EBITDA from $7.5M to $41M during the greatest recession in American history (2007-2011).
- Functioned as a member of the Corporate Management Committee in administering monthly review and approval of business activities.
- Restructured the organizational lines of authority of a multiple business holding company from matrix to decentralize in clarifying lines of authority and accountability.
CDE HOME SERVICES, FORT LAUDERDALE, FL
Chief Executive Officer | 2014-Present
Provider of whole home warranty and other home service for the American residential homeowner.
CDE COUNTRY GROUP, MEDFORD, MA
Board of Advisors | 2010-2013
Chairman | 2011
A leading provider of roadside assistance and telematic services to the United States automotive market as well as the home warranty insurance and service industry, with revenues of more than $600M.
OPQ PARTNERS, BOSTON, MA
Founder / President | 2007-2011
A private equity investment fund targeted to the small/micro-cap private equity market whose differentiating thesis was to add value through management and operating expertise.
DEFG COMPANY, NEW YORK CITY, NY
Chairman of the Board (Non-Executive) | 1996-2009
A NYSE listed closed-end mutual fund.
TUVW COMPANY, BOSTON, MA
Managing Director | 1997-2006
A leading private equity fund company.
RST INTERNATIONAL, BOSTON, MA
Interim Chief Executive Officer
The world’s largest rendering operation (revenues greater than $600M).
ABC CORPORATION, PARSIPPANY, NJ
Chairman/Chief Executive Officer
A worldwide manufacturer of electrical and electronic components, serving the contractor, electronic OEM, and electrical utility industry; as well as reflective devices and material serving the highway safety sector.
UVW CORPORATION, LEOMINSTER, MA
President/Chief Executive Officer
A supplier of electrical and electronic components to the computer, telecommunications, and utility industry segments.
HIJK CORPORATION, RARITAN, NJ
General Manager/Electronic Products Division
A Fortune 500 company.
Master of Business Administration: Candidate
LMNO UNIVERSITY CHICAGO, GRADUATE SCHOOL OF BUSINESS, CHICAGO, IL
Bachelor of Arts in Economics
WXYZ COLLEGE, NEW YORK CITY, NY
Former Member of the Board of Directors
Alliance International Group | EquiCredit Corporation of America
Southern Energy Homes, Inc. | Sun Pharmaceuticals Inc.
Intermetrics Corporation | DESA Corporation
IQI Corporation / Oxford Clothes, Inc. / DAM-Small Cap Fund
Chairman and Member of the National Board of Directors
American Electronics Association-New England Chapter
Trustee – Wagner College
Trustee and Member of the Corporation – Belmont Hill School