Certified Public Accountant Resume Sample
Phone # / Cell Phone #
- Highly analytical and tenacious individual who has just passed the Certified Public Accountancy Examination is powered with exceptional problem-solving abilities, complemented with extensive years of broad-based knowledge and experience in accounting, bookkeeping, and financial management.
- Expert at utilizing “out-of-the-box” techniques in generating innovative processes for the optimization of operational efficiency, reduction of costs, and enhancement of corporate profitability.
- Adept at working and relating well with diverse people, adapting to different cultures, and providing innovative solutions.
- Possess a keen eye for detail and capacity to multitask in vastly competitive, challenging, and fast-paced environment.
- Financial Analysis and Reporting
- Continuous Process Improvement
- Monthly Financial Reconciliation
- Start-up Specialization
- General Accounting/Financial Auditing
- Time Management and Prioritization
- Financial Statement Generation
- Project Management
- Superior Interpersonal Skills
Company OPQ | Brooklyn, NY | 2014–2018
Controller | 2014–2018
- Worked to implement a number of new processes, systems and internal controls in order to streamline all accounting functions.
- Timely preparation of all internal financial statements, related schedules and year end working documents for external accountants.
- Distribution and monthly review of internal financial statements to Chief Executive Officer and Board of Directors.
- Executed the preparation and monitoring of the company budget.
- Demonstrated expertise in handling Cash Flow Improvements of Day of Sales Outstanding from 70 days to 33 days, along with conducting negotiation of net terms with key vendors.
- Extensively managed diversified accounts payable/receivable and expense control procedures.
- Delegated assignments and accurately evaluated work performance of four staff.
Company LMN | Brooklyn, NY | 2017–2018
Independent Contractor | 2014–2018
- Set up initial accounting system for event planning company.
- Installed QuickBooks Premier and designed event specific chart of accounts as well as an entire accounting package including payroll, accounts receivable, accounts payable, etc.
- Initial preparation of financial records for outstanding accounts receivable and accounts payable as of the start date for multiple events on a class list basis.
Company IJK | Brooklyn, NY | 2015–2017
Administrative Assistant | Full Charge Bookkeeper | 2015–2017
- Demonstrated professionalism in providing high-level administrative support through conducting research, preparing royalty statistical reports, handling information requests, and performing clerical functions, such as preparing correspondence, merging mailings, and handling unique special projects.
- Extensively utilize QuickBooks Premier in preparing and posting all related accounts payable and accounts receivable functions, including month-end bank and account reconciliations.
Company FGH | New York, NY | 2008–2014
Accounts Receivable Manager | Payroll Analyst | 2008–2014
- Effectively oversaw workflow as well as supervised and trained accounting staff through performing posting to general ledger, accounts receivable, and payable accounts.
- Conducted daily management of all accounts receivable, which included monitoring of daily cash flow, processing wire transfers, and handling of settlements.
- Accurately executed preparation and posting of payroll journal entries, reconciliation of both payroll and account receivable accounts, and execution of account research and analysis.
- Examined monthly budget estimates or proposals for completeness, accuracy, and conformance with established procedures, regulations, and organizational objectives.
Bachelor of Science in Accounting
CDE College, New York, NY
Certification and Licenses
CPA License | (In progress)