Chief Executive Officer Resume Sample
Phone # / Cell Phone #
Innovative, bi-lingual entrepreneur, and corporate executive who has achieved significant success in both areas, is seeking to apply broad-based marketing, revenue generating and brand-building experience to a fast paced, high growth company. Substantial experience in both domestic and international markets, with a focus on Latin America, US Hispanic and youth demographics. Expertise in building and leveraging e-commerce, licensing, social media and retail platforms. Recognized for implementing unique business models in industries ranging from footwear and apparel to sporting goods and promotional merchandise. Keen ability to identify market niches, create innovative programs and execute successful multi-platform campaigns with limited resources.
- Brand Positioning & Integrated Marketing
- Social Media & Internet Expertise
- General Management & P&L Oversight
- Youth, Hispanic & International Marketing
- Innovative Business Models & Sales Tactics
- Personnel Leadership & Team Building
- E-commerce & Retail Concept Development
- Corporate Licensing & Business Partnerships
- International Product Sourcing & Distribution
- Domestic & International Business Development
Company ABC, Miami, FL | 2016-Current
President & CEO
Founded and created the first online shop, focused on selling top brands and products from Latin American and US Hispanic designers. Manage and coordinate all aspects of the business, including marketing, product design and selection, licensing, production, inventory management, order
fulfillment, wholesale sales and customer service.
- Positioned shop, in less than one year, as the top online destination for cool, Latin-focused and inspired products in the U.S.
- Forged partnership with media outlets such as MTVtr3s, Mun2 and PBS to launch new programing as well as a licensed e-commerce store.
- Approached by blue-chip brands, such as Miller Lite, Wrigley and McDonald’s to create custom merchandise for upcoming promotions and events.
- Increased traffic, grew sales and engaged visitors by optimizing website through online, offline and social media marketing and PR initiatives.
- Formulated web platform, sobo.com, which enables customers to create their own custom apparel or to design their own web shop, powered by SOBO custom.
Company FGH, Miami, FL | 2013-2016
President & CEO
Invested in and partnered with a Mexican clothing brand popularized by many Latin celebrities and musicians that is targeted towards the US Hispanic population throughout the United States. Organized and secured sponsorships from top companies to offset the cost of various marketing initiatives.
- Sold product to national chains such as Macy’s, Urban Outfitters and Target.com, as well as other independent retailers.
- Secured sponsorships from brands such as Volkswagen, Target, Nintendo and others to offset the cost of NaCo marketing events.
- After partnership break-up, retained Surropa.com and successfully launched SOBO Concepts.
IJK, INC., Miami, FL | 2008-2013
Senior Director of Marketing & Licensing
Oversaw all product licensing and marketing activities for the NBA in Latin America, Caribbean, and US Hispanic markets. Innovated strategic marketing and licensing plans to rebuild brand in serveral markets simultaneously. Launched the NBA’s first-ever strategy and collection of products for mass retailers such as Walmart.
- Grew sales of licensed products to $30M through creative brand positioning, penetration into new distribution channels and signing agreements with strong local partners.
- Secured the first-ever licensee to launch NBA performance and lifestyle footwear; the line generated over $10 million in retail sales by the second year.
- Launched a common marketing fund, supported by licensees, to build NBA brand awareness.
- Conceptualized and implemented campaigns, incorporating TV, print, outdoor and in-store components.
- Signed deals with local partners to bring NBA games and player tours to Latin America and then oversaw event planning and execution .
XYZ GROUP INC., Miami Beach, FL | 2006-2008
Founded business-to-business Internet site that connected suppliers of footwear, apparel and accessories to retailers in Latin America. Created consumer-focused portal to support marketing initiatives that was ranked the number three sports site in Latin America. Sold business to SportsYA! Media Group.
- Raised $1 million from Angel funding to build a unique B2B platform, launch an extreme sports/music portal, secure exclusive distribution of various surf and skate brands and position the company as one of the top Latin America-focused internet sites.
- Sold business to SportsYA! and became General Manager in charge of E-commerce and all activities related to the U.S. market.
PRIOR WORK EXPERIENCE
FGH, S.A., Panama City, Panama | 2003-1999
Conceptualized, launched, franchised and managed a chain of athletic retail stores-Sportline America, which is now an established multi-unit franchise throughout Latin America.
IJK, Stoughton, MA | 2000-2003
Managed the advertising, event marketing, sales training and new brand development for Latin American division.
EDUCATION / COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
- Bachelor of Arts, Spanish & Political Science, UVW University, Burlington, VT
- Bi-lingual: English and Spanish. Conversational Portuguese
- Board Member, Fundraising Chair, Institute of Child & Family Health