Commercial Lines Underwriter Resume Sample
Phone # / Cell Phone #
Commercial Lines Underwriter
Highly capable, hardworking, and goal-oriented business professional with more than two years of exposure in the areas of risk management, complemented with a degree in business and training in insurance, account management and business. Familiar with adequate pricing of individual risks through proper classification, information accuracy, and company underwriting standards and philosophy compliance. Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Key Skills & Qualifications
- Possess excellent analytical skills, with background and experience in risk management
- Handled all quoting for online carriers, serving as the go-to-person for any online quoting and helping people who are unfamiliar with the systems.
- Adept at gathering, assessing, and processing information in preparing proposals for sales presentations and entering new prospects into agency management system, paying close attention to details.
- Equipped with strong communication and interpersonal skills, able to deal effectively with individuals from all levels
- Established good relationships with small business underwriters that approved online quotes which obtained good rapport and negotiated better terms with them resulting to more accounts being written.
- Experienced in providing excellent customer service to clients, providing assistance and addressing issues, concerns, and requests.
- Collaborative team player, accustomed to completing challenging tasks in a timely manner, with a commitment to work long hours to meet target goals and deadlines.
- Knowledgeable on state statutes on insurance and keep abreast of industry changes, regulations, and standards.
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, Major in Marketing: 2016
ABC University ▪ Martin, TN
Graduated magna cum laude
Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society (2015–2018) ▪ Gamma Beta Phi Honor Society (2013–2016)
Teknor Apex Scholarship (2012- 2014)
Gallagher EDGE (Education, Development, Guidance, and Excellence) ▪ Itasca, IL: 2017–2018
Training and education program that featured webcasts and classes as well as on-the-job training that incorporated insurance coverage, business skills, business software applications, sales, account management, and leadership.
Professional Etiquette & Company Procedures ▪ Milwaukee, WI: 2016
International Scholar Laureate Program on Business ▪ Eastern Europe: 2014| Australia: 2015
Conduct site visits to places, such as OPEC headquarters in Vienna and the Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology in Melbourne with topical lectures and discussions with business leaders from the host country.
Marketing Specialist | Company Bcde ▪ Brentwood, TN | 2016–Present
- Successfully secured $45K worth of revenues for the company in the past year.
- Effectively streamlined communication between marketing and other departments to allow account managers and producers to have immediate access to the status of accounts by developing a spreadsheet that monitored all accounts.
- Developed a master contact list for more than 100 carriers the company had contracts with, addressing the major company issue on missing, incomplete and outdated contact directory and information.
- Handled training on online carrier rating for the service team in India.
Sales Associate | Company Cdef ▪ Jackson, TN | 2015
- Increased store revenue and expanded customer base by promoting and referring people to the store.
Front Desk Worker | ABC University ▪ Martin, TN | 2014–2015
- Effectively resolved students’ issues through professional assistance; responded to all phone calls; and filled maintenance requests. Identified all guests who are entering building premises.
Member, National Association of Insurance Women (NAIW)