Corporate Director of Pharmacy Resume Sample
Phone # / Cell Phone #
Visionary, success-driven, and highly motivated professional, equipped with accomplished qualifications in realizing company goals and objectives, designing pioneering solutions, initiating strategic initiatives, and driving revenue growth. Show dominant efforts in consulting, counseling, and screening multiple patients without compromising service quality; maintain composure in critical conditions. Competency in adapting easily to ever changing environments, ensuring bottom-line success. Articulate communicator with strong ability to cultivate positive working relationships with all levels of professionals in a fast-paced, time-sensitive atmosphere. Committed to service excellence, ensuring safe and effective use of medications. Display technical skills in Microsoft Office Suite, Apple Pages, Keynote and Number, Meditech Magic Pharmacy and interfaces, and McKesson Connect-Rx and interfaces.
Organizational Growth Project Management Business Process Optimization Budget Monitoring Cost Reduction Operational Streamlining Document Control Regulatory Compliance Strategic Planning and Execution Conflict Resolution
Xyz Health Systems, Stuart, FL
CORPORATE DIRECTOR OF PHARMACY | Jan 2011-Apr 2018
Orchestrate the control and allocation of the health systems’ $17M budget dispersed to Martin Memorial Medical Center, Martin Memorial Hospital South, Martin Memorial Medical Center at St. Lucie West Emergency Department, Infusion Center at Robert and Carol Weissman Cancer Center, David L. Smythe Wound Center, Frances Langford Heart Center, Martin Memorial Outpatient Surgery Center, and more than 80 owned physician practices. Ensured proper coordination of pharmacy services, leverage department operation, implement quality improvement programs, conduct performance review, and generate standards of quality, productivity, and performance.
- Played an integral role in the successful execution of the Joint Commission survey in July 2010, maintaining records accurate and without medication management deficiencies.
- Rendered active participation in various decision-making committees within the health system, which included Associate Health and Safety; Patient Safety; Medication Safety; Ethics Committee; Standing Orders Committee; Pharmacy, Therapeutics, and Diagnostics; and Joint Committee Preparedness.
- Established the pharmacy services for open heart program within Ocala Heart Institute and Martin Memorial Health Systems, which is now known as Frances Langford Heart Center.
- Spearheaded the implementation of various Meditech modules that supported system automation within hospitals, which included First DataBank databases in 2005; RxAuditor Reporting System in 2004; FormWeb in 2001; and the Pharmacy OneSource Suite (Amplifi, Quantifi, ScheduleRx, Simplifi797, and UnitStock / VeriForm) in 2006.
- Project led the Florida Universal Pharmacy Waste Program; MMHS USP 797 Cleanroom design and implementation; and the MMHS Medication Safety Program / McKesson automation solutions installation of Robot-Rx, PacMed, IntelliShelf-Rx, Horizon MedComm-Rx, NarcStation, AcuDose-Rx, Automation Decision Support and Anesthesia-Rx.
Abc Hospital South, Stuart,
FL PHARMACY MANAGER | Aug 2003-Jan 2011
Developed the entire pharmacy processes, including dispensing of prescriptions to ensure adherence to standard operating procedures for receiving, filling, dispensing, logging, and maintaining loss prevention controls. Guaranteed full compliance with state and federal laws and HIPAA; provided recommendations on prescription medications and over the counter medications as required by state and federal law; and resolved several third party discrepancies and other prescription filling issues.
- Initiated and executed numerous automated dispensing machines.
Def Medical Center, Port St. Lucie, FL
DIRECTOR OF PHARMACY | Nov 2008-Mar 2009
Supervised full spectrum of operations management, including automation, budget management, cost containment, education, implementation of barcoding, and pharmacy and therapeutics committee coordination. Led the development and implementation of a dynamic, considerate, and managed care approach to provide excellent pharmacy services to medically indigent patients.
- Led the design of Meditech eMAR and implementation of McKesson NarcVault system to track and maintain controlled substance inventory and usage.
American HomePatient, Port St. Lucie,
FL PHARMACIST | Xyz Medical Center, Stuart, FL
STAFF PHARMACIST | Volunteers in Medicine Clinic, Stuart,FL
CONSULTANT PHARMACIST | Bcde Hospital, Boca Raton, FL
STAFF PHARMACIST | Mno Medical Center, Brooklyn, NY
STAFF PHARMACIST | Hij Pharmacy, Brooklyn, NY
SUPERVISING PHARMACIST AND PHARMACY INTERN | STUV University, Queens, NY
ASSOCIATE CLINICAL PROFESSOR, Department of Pharmacy Practice (2011-2017)
NOP University, Davie, FL | University of FGH, Gainesville, FL
PQRS University, West Palm Beach, FL | The Medical University of OPQ, Charleston, SC
EDUCATION AND LICENSURES
Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy JKL University, Queens, NY
New York Pharmacy License: 039126-1
Florida Pharmacy License: PS25080 Florida
Consultant License: PU4526
- McKesson Automation Core Team Training
- McKesson Automation HBI/ADS Training
- Labor Relations Training
- Meditech Pharmacy Dictionary Training
- Meditech EDM/RXM Pharmacy Prescription Writer Training
- Meditech Pharmacy Allergy Conversion Training
- Meditech Bedside Medication Verification Training
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- Hazardous Materials/ Universal Pharmacy Waste
American Society of Consultant Pharmacists American Society of Health-System Pharmacists Florida Pharmacy Association Florida Society of Health-System Pharmacists Florida Society of Health-System Pharmacists House of Delegates