Crew Chief Resume Sample
Phone # / Cell Phone #
Performance-driven and dedicated professional offering extensive years of exceptional experience in fire protection, dispatching, emergency response, crises management, and numerous emergency-related activities. Adept at developing and executing innovative emergency policies and procedures, combined with expertise in streamlining workflow and fostering a team environment to increase efficiency and effectiveness. Hands-on leader, with exceptional analytical skills as evidenced by the ability to continuously improve fire and rescue operations during emergency cases. Capable of planning and organizing effort and defining goals and objectives to achieve successful emergency response operations. Known as self-starter and cooperative team player equipped with excellent ability to communicate well with diverse individuals and groups. Armed with verifiable history of correctly evaluating organizational challenges and converting ideas into workable solutions; able to handle multiple tasks in a high-pressured environment. Proficient in Microsoft Office and ACES.
Areas of expertise include:
- Emergency Operation Plan Development
- Firefighting Principles and Techniques
- Department Policies and Procedures
- Search and Rescue Operations
- Basic Life Support and Emergency Procedures
- State, Federal, and County Law Compliance
- Public Safety and Incident Management
- Disaster Preparation
ABC SERVICES, CAMP BASRA, BASRA, IRAQ
Firefighter, 0081 | Crew Chief | 2017-PRESENT
- Assume full responsibility in providing fire suppression and prevention, EMS, and dispatch coverage to army, civilian, and contract personnel.
- Administer daily vehicle preventive maintenance, aircraft standbys, fire inspections, and firefighter proficiency training.
- Demonstrate leadership skills in providing direction as supply program manager.
- Managed an attack line on a fully involved 1600 sq. ft. residential facility, which resulted in complete extinguishment with limited damage to nearby exposures, and no loss of life.
- Spearhead an ARFF Vehicle during a fully involved 2000 sq. ft. dormitory fire.
- Directed the driver to lay down a foam blanket over the structure, which dampened the flames, and cooled down hand line crews in the 120-degree midday sun.
- Conducted approximately 300 company level inspections base wide significantly reducing the demand on the departments Fire Prevention Specialists.
- Oversee the departments Supply and PPE programs; cultivating Excel Spread sheets to log and track multi-million dollars’ worth of Company and Department of Defense property.
- Executed a rapid scene survey on two Blackhawk helicopters that collided during a refueling session.
- Inspected the aircrews and laid out absorption pads for leaking hydraulic fluid.
CDE SERVICES, BASRA, IRAQ
Firefighter | 2017
- Conducted inspections as well as drove and operated emergency response vehicles.
- Oversaw and ensured proper maintenance of firefighting equipment on a daily basis.
- Immediately addressed, responded to, and mitigated fire, medical and hazmat emergencies, while remaining alert to fire ground safety for emergency responders.
WYOMING AIR NATIONAL GUARD, CHEYENNE, WY, USA
Emergency Management Technician | 2016-2017
- Organized, maintained, and administered civil engineer (CE) operations plans and supporting documents for mobility, response, and recovery operations.
- Arranged, analyzed, and provided input to Prime Base Engineer Emergency Force (Prime BEEF), hazardous materials emergency response, and emergency management programs.
- Held accountability in conducting training and creating schedule for associated trainings.
- Provided expert oversight of assigned equipment and supplies; managed and scheduled equipment maintenance while making inventories of assets.
- Managed and scrutinized nuclear, biological, chemical (NBC), and conventional protective clothing and equipment.
- Facilitated training and prepared for peacetime response for potential use of weapons of mass Destruction (WMD), while maintaining and inspecting equipment.
UNITED STATES AIR FORCE, F.E. WARREN AIR FORCE BASE, WY, USA
Supervisory Firefighter/Staff Sergeant/Crew Chief | 2011-2015
- Played an integral role in directing, educating, and coaching military personnel.
- Worked effectively in accomplishing various station chief duties as well as daily station details.
- Presided over upgrade and proficiency training for personnel.
- Accepted assignment to Caribbean for drug interdiction operations.
- Designed and implemented shift physical fitness program.
- Maintained SCBA equipment and programs.
- Entry team on a Hazardous Materials spill at a busy vehicle rest stop; stopped the leak of toxic paint by righting the 55 gallon drum, placed absorbent pads down to soak up the leaked paint, and over packed the drum for safe transport.
- Deployed to the Caribbean for Drug Interdiction Operations; actions helped prevent illegal drug shipments from reaching the United States
- Earned Certificate of Appreciation for active participation in the Firefighter Association Program.
- Received Commanders Coin Award from the Army Chief of Staff, and a Certificate of Appreciation for volunteer work.
UNITED STATES AIR FORCE, EIELSON AIR FORCE BASE, AL, USA
Supervisory Firefighter/Staff Sergeant | 2007-2011
- Assumed driver operator duties and crew chief responsibilities, as necessary.
- Provided expert supervision in mentoring and counseling military personnel.
- Administered day-to-day station details.
- Completed two deployments to Southwest Asia for contingency operations.
- Facilitated upgrade and ability training to personnel.
- Battled seasonal wildland/urban interface fires.
- Reinforced multiple International Air Forces during the annual ‘Cope Thunder ‘joint military training exercise.
- Forged participation in base sports leagues throughout the year.
- Deployed to Saudi Arabia for Operation Southern Watch in 2001 and to Kuwait for Operation Iraqi Freedom in 2003.
UNITED STATES AIR FORCE WHITEMAN, AIR FORCE BASE, MO, USA
Firefighter/Driver/Operator | 2006-2007
- Worked on daily vehicle checkout, station details and upgrading training.
- Immediately responded to a mutual aid call on a large wildland fire at Lake of the Ozarks.
- Operated an attack line during an in-flight emergency on an A-10 fighter jet with damaged landing gear which needed to perform a gear up landing on the runway.
- Forged participation in base sports leagues.
- Earned an Air Force Achievement Medal for operations during the Kosovo Campaign.
Emergency Medical Technician Licensure and Certification (2008)
EFG COLLEGE, GREELEY, CO, USA
Coursework in Public Speaking and Elementary Algebra – 9 Semester Hours
GHI COLLEGE, CHEYENNE, WY, USA
IJK ACADEMY, GOODFELLOW AFB, TX
EMT-B Expiration (2013)
CPR and AED Expiration (2012)
Interspiro SCBA Technician (2006)
Driver/Operator Mobile Water Supply (2006)
Telecommunicator I and II (2006)
Fire Inspector I (2005)
Fire Instructor I (2004)
Fire Officer I (2003)
HAZMAT Technician (2000)
Driver/Operator Pumper (2000)
Firefighter I and II (1998)
Airport Firefighter (1998)
Driver/Operator ARFF (1999)
AWARDS AND HONORS
Two Air Force Achievement Medals for services related to operations in Kosovo and Iraq
Letter of Appreciation, FE Warren Firefighters Association, for 3 years of participation
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award – numerous times
Runner-up for Best Fire Department in DoD
Last 4 for DoD Certification Search – 4427