Customer Support Specialist Resume Sample
Phone # / Cell Phone #
Customer Support Specialist
Customer Service ▪ Relationship Management ▪ Accounts Payable and Receivable ▪ Client Support ▪ Leadership and Communication
Goal-oriented and self-driven professional, offering more than 20 years of transferable skills and broad experience in customer service. Equipped with strong problem-solving ability and troubleshooting skills; promptly responding to client needs and developing tactical action plans to achieve necessary results. Adept at increasing customer retention and expanding client base. Knowledgeable of banking principles, with strong leadership and communication skills.
Accounts Receivable Manager |Abcd Inc. | Beaverton, OR | Apr 2018–Present
Closely work with customers to update and keep account with Tektronix; deliver outstanding customer service for finance-related issues.
- Provide outstanding customer service to existing customer base to foster a strong ongoing business relationship.
- Prepare invoices and statements for customers, and promptly answer customer queries on their accounts.
- Ensure reconciliation of credit memorandums with customer accounts.
- Help payment posting staff in determining respective invoices for payments made.
- Expertly forecast monthly revenue for key customers to management.
- Preserve detailed notes and records of all customer interaction with the Accounts Receivable Department.
- Establish partnership and coordination with the laboratories providing services to existing customers.
Collections Representative |Bcde Company | Portland, OR | Sept 2017–Feb 2018
Effectively coordinated with the Services Division of Bank of the West.
- Rendered receivables customer service to our client’s business partners, as active customers of our clients
- Expertly reconciled past due receivables for businesses contracted with Bank of the West, involving Microsoft Financing Corporation, Microsoft Licensing, GP, and PHSI Pure Water Finance
Collections Representative | Cdef Financial Group | North Aurora, IL | Feb 2016–Dec 2016
Carried out collections of past due consumer debt.
- Conducted phone calls and drafted letters to collect debt from GMAC and Citibank, including bank card and deficiency balances
Medical Collection Clerk / Floor Lead | Defg Revenue Group | Lombard, IL | Jul 2009–Jan 2016
Extensively conducted collection of past due medical debt and receivables from hospitals and other providers of healthcare services.
- Assumed responsibilities as a supervisor, providing guidance and training to new employees; entertained complaint calls from patients and supplied proper medical collections and guidance.
- Handled balances ranging from $10K and above.
- Gained knowledge and expertise from two years of exposure in collecting small balance issues.
- Efficiently performed troubleshooting with patient’s insurance carrier to resolve outstanding claim issues.
- Effectively wrote appeals to health insurance carriers.
- Formulated suitable settlements or payment schemes by “scoring” patient’s assets and presenting deciding criterion to clients.
- Utilized functional knowledge on most of self-pay client systems, including Meditech.
- Generated and collected more than $250K worth of fees in 2012, 2013, and 2014.
Third Party Collections Representative / Customer Service
Efgh Group, Inc. | Lisle, IL | Mar 2001–Apr 2007
- Provided accounts receivable functions for companies, wishing to outsource various functions or collections by using the Dun & Bradstreet, to ensure updating of commercial customers payables.
Bachelor’s Degree in Speech Communications
FGHI University, Champaign-Urbana | Champaign, IL
Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and Outlook) │ ProComm │ InfoLease │ Pyramid │ Oracle