Data Analyst Resume Sample
Phone # / Cell Phone #
A graduate of Master of Statistics in Mathematics, interested in seeking opportunities related with statistical research. Exemplify in-depth knowledge of statistical theory mainly in stochastic process, linear model, and model simulation. Proven effectiveness to interpret scientific literature and perform simple descriptive and analytical statistical analyses utilizing current programming and statistical software, such as R program.
MASTER OF SCIENCE IN MATHEMATICS, M-STAT PROGRAM, GPA: 3.977
XYZ University, Salt Lake City, UT: 2016-2018
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN APPLIED MATHEMATICS, GPA: 3.34
UVW University, Kaohsiung, Taiwan: 2009-2013
Achievement: Recipient of Award for Academic Excellence
CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION FOR INTENSIVE ENGLISH PROGRAM (IEP)
STU College, Overland Park, KS: 2013-2014
Achievement: Scholarship Award for Excellence Student at IEP
ADMINISTRATION MANAGER | QRS COMPANY, RALEIGH, NC, USA
- Instrumental in gathering the necessary documents or information requested by the contracting accountant, and analyzing cash flow.
- Handle sales order management, shipping arrangements, and invoices, as well as collection of deposits and receivables, gathering and analyzing customer feedback/satisfaction survey.
- Perform various purchasing activities, such as supplier selection and assessment, purchase information / orders completion, shipping arrangement, and monitoring of on-time delivery, full responsibility in Material Requirements Planning (MRP) and inventory management.
- Apply statistical method in industry, such as sampling plan and analyzing failure goods, QC structure, and Statistical Process Control (SPC). Provide training of statistic technique and understanding to employees.
RESEARCH ASSISTANT | CLINICAL EPIDEMIOLOGY AT XYZ UNIVERSITY, SALT LAKE, UT, USA
- Worked collaboratively with Professor Brian Sauer in conducting comprehensive statistical method using in epidemiology field.
- Earned extensive knowledge on the difference between different studies, found a suitable study for large-scale adverse drug event surveillance, and then analyzed it using different statistical analyses.
- Pivotal in simulating data for Case-crossover design and comparing Mantel-Haenszel Procedure and Conditional Likelihood Method for Case-crossover design.
GRADUATE ASSISTANT | STUDENT CENTER, City, State
- Convened with instructors to discuss students’ grades, and to complete required grade-related paperwork.
- Facilitated calculus, probability, and statistics classes; established clear objectives for all lessons; and effectively communicated these objectives to students.
- Entrusted to fulfill a part-time position as graduate assistant through demonstration of excellent academic performance.
ASSOCIATE ENGINEER | OPQ COMPANY, HSINCHU CITY, TAIWAN
- Executed environmental reliability tests then analyzed test results and failure reasons.
- Conducted Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) examinations, including appearance examination, function test, color measurement, and salt spray test.
- Initially hired as an Assistant Engineer at the QA Depart in December 2006 and gained comprehensive experience in the application of statistics on industrial environment, such as QC structure, Mean Time Between Failure (MTBF) estimation, sampling plan, and Statistical Process Control (SPC).
PRESIDENT | Taiwan Students & Scholars Association at University of Utah
PRESIDENT | Employees’ Welfare Committee, SmartAnt Telecom Co., Ltd.
GRADUATION COMMITTEE MEMBER | Graduation Committee, National Sun Yat-Sen University
SQUAD MEMBER | Volleyball Team, Department of Applied Math, National Sun Yat-Sen University
STUDENT ADVISER | 5th Math Camp, National Sun Yat-Sen University
PRESIDENT | Students’ Association of Department, National Sun Yat-Sen University
MEMBER | Hand-in-Hand Club, National Sun Yat-Sen University
COMMITTEE MEMBER | Publicity Section, Department of Applied Math, National Sun Yat-Sen University
VOLUNTEER | 3rd Math Camp, National Sun Yat-Sen University
Microsoft Office Suite | Microsoft Office Excel | e-mail | Internet | SPSS | R program | SAS
Mandarin Chinese (Fluent), English (Fluent), Taiwanese (Fluent)