Director of Operations Resume Sample
Phone # / Cell Phone #
DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS
Highly accomplished, astute, and seasoned professional, with 20 years of extensive experience in operations management, maintenance management, engineering consultancy, and manufacturing expertise.
Demonstrated strong leadership and multitasking abilities, able to effectively manage large groups and work well with any management structure to effect positive change and improve workflow processes. Equipped with outstanding interpersonal and customer service skills, effective in motivating employees to comply with all company policies and safety regulations, as well as in cultivating key customer relationships and resolving client complaints. Proven track record of successful project management, with problem solving and sound decision-making skills, able to come up with practical and immediate solutions.
Management: Oversaw all aspects of operations, setting the overall direction in administration, logistics, maintenance, human resources, and finance. Employed management expertise in initiating and implementing workflow process improvements and ensuring the proper execution and quality delivery of all services. Spearheaded proactive community service efforts to promote new business, generate more customers, and increase sales.
Leadership/Supervision: Directly supervised plant managers’ activities, execution of administrative duties and contracted services. Provided the necessary coaching, training, support, and appropriate evaluation for performance improvement.
Engineering: Performed mechanical and electrical troubleshooting and maintenance of different processes including power generation, agricultural processing, paper, rubber, pharmaceutical, refining, aggregates, mining, automotive, waste water, and chill water as well as data center, communications, and military applications. Handled equipment installation, project management, equipment warranty certification, failure analysis, and structural modal studies.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE AND ACCOMPLISHMENTS
CEO, XYZ COMPANY, Des Moines/Ankeny, IA | 2003-2014
- Successfully engineered and built three USDA-approved meat and poultry processing facilities, increasing production capacity from 400 lbs. to 12,000 lbs. per day and consistently ensuring zero production delay from 1997 to 2006 due to mechanical outages or safety issues.
- Ensured the proper management of Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) for compliance to USDA Regulations.
- Designed and implemented a bar code based inventory system as well as UPC for retail products; establishing positive inventory control which streamlined the entire process from purchasing through fulfillment.
- Automated numerous production processes that improved safety and eliminated the possibility of food contamination or adulteration due to human contact.
- Developed and fostered profitable relationships with large retailers, including Wal-Mart as well other key stakeholders.
SENIOR ENGINEER, TUV COMPANY, Des Moines, IA | 1999-2012
- Pioneered predictive maintenance, creating and maintaining a 1 million test database for vibration data enabling maximum equipment utilization that resulted in increased production and safety.
- Boosted computerized maintenance systems of many Fortune 500 companies and large-scale industrial operations.
- Recognized for excellence in sand blower repair and installation by several major manufacturers and played a vital role for enabling the company to win the President’s Award for Manufacturing Excellence by eliminating all unscheduled mechanical outages for a global agricultural processor.
- Designed and implemented Predictive Maintenance Programs that yielded an average of $360,000 per month by eliminating unscheduled outages due to the failure of mission critical process equipment.
Associate of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering, ABC University, Kansas, MO
Advanced Vibration Analysis-IRD Mechanalysis
Training on the Installation and Optimization of various Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS)
Air Balancing Refrigeration and HVAC Certifications
Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP)
Technical Skills: MS Office, Internet, and QuickBooks; Engineering and Finance applications