Emergency Management Specialist Resume Sample
Phone # / Cell Phone #
Accomplished, talented, and solutions-focused professional, offering extensive experience in mitigation, planning, preparedness, and recovery. Knowledgeable of different response areas in emergency situations. Proactive, energetic, and success-driven, with strong commitment to excellence; known for solid organizational and leadership adeptness. Adept at conducting comprehensive research and analysis, complemented with exceptional skills in accomplishing various administrative tasks while ensuring high level of performance. Equipped with excellent people skills and proven ability to communicate well with all levels of professionals; extensively traveled to various foreign countries. Extremely capable of multitasking in fiercely competitive, challenging, and fast-paced environment while juggling multiple priorities.
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT MINOR IN PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
University of XYZ, Denton, TX, USA | 2015-2017
UVW College, Richardson, TX, USA | 2012-2014
COURSES IN INTRODUCTION TO GEOGRAPHIC INFORMATION SYSTEMS (GIS), ENERGY MANAGEMENT I, RENEWABLE ENERGY TECHNOLOGY, AND MAP READING AND INTERPRETATION
RST College, Gresham, OR, USA | 2019
EMERGENCY MEDICAL TRAINING (EMT) BASIC CARDIOPULMONARY RESUSCITATION (CPR) CERTIFICATION (AMERICAN HEART ASSOCIATION)
RST College, Gresham, OR, USA | 2018
MICROSOFT CERTIFIED SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR COURSE
OPQ College | 2010
Terrorism, Hazmat, Floodplain Management, Public Health and Disasters, International Disaster, Public Management, Public Policy, Grant Writing, Budget Analyst, and Federal Aspects of Government. National Incident Management System (NIMS), Community Emergency Response Teams (CERTs), National Response Framework (NRF), Incident Command System (ICS), Hazmat Training with FEMA Higher Education, and National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) Policies Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) Independent Study Program Courses # 100, 101, 200, 547, 700, 800, and 292.
ORGANIZATIONAL MANAGEMENT AND OPERATIONS
- Exemplify expertise in business and management principles, including strategic planning, leadership technique, and coordination of people and resources.
- Quickly and properly respond to changing circumstances.
- Proficiently evaluate problems, formulate comprehensive decisions to achieve positive change, and refocus on new priorities.
LEADERSHIP AND SUPERVISION
- Manage multiple tasks simultaneously without compromising the quality of work.
- Employ sound and consistent judgment to decision-making processes.
- Supervise, direct, and guide individuals and groups toward the completion of tasks and fulfillment of goals.
INTERPERSONAL RELATIONS / CUSTOMER SERVICE
- Apply knowledge of principles and processes in providing customer and personal services, assessing customer needs, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluating customer satisfaction.
- Consistently maintain high level of professionalism and integrity in dealing with clients and building long-term relationship with all levels of management.
Federal Emergency Management Agency Region VI, Denton, TX, USA
DISASTER ASSISTANCE EMPLOYEE (DAE) | 2018-Present
- Demonstrate expertise in executing disaster response and recovery activities within a joint field office.
- Expertly conduct program development, research and organization of technical information, administrative functions, database maintenance, word processing, and development of presentations during disasters.
- Successfully completed the Government Travel Card Training.
- Passed the Federal Background Investigation conducted by the US Government for security clearance.
INTERN | 2017
- Accomplished Internet research while organizing information and statistics for State Annex revisions as well as completed publications for distribution.
- Functioned well in updating and revising the jurisdictional profiles database for distribution of CDs.
- Rendered exceptional assistance to watch officers and the FEMA program staff in reviewing and revising RRCC standard operating procedures, program development, and periodic planning report requirements.
- Actively participated in daily meetings, conference calls, as well as state and federal disaster updates.
LMN, Frisco, TX, USA
GROUNDS CREW | 2017-Present
IJK Company, Plano, TX, USA
MANAGER | 2016
FGH Company Dallas, TX, USA
BARTENDER | 2015
CDE College, Dallas, TX, USA
INSTRUCTOR | 2013-2015
ABC Bar and Resto, Dallas, TX, USA
BARTENDER | 2013-2014
XYZ Inc., Plano, TX, USA
TEAM LEADER | 2012-2013
United States Army, Yongsan Army Garrison, 1st Signal Brigade, Fort Hood, TX, USA; Seoul, South Korea; Kuwait; Iraq
AUDIO-VISUAL INFORMATION SPECIALIST | 2007-2010
Hardware: Windows Servers and Workstations | IDE | SCSI Devices | Direct and Network-Attached Storage Devices
Technologies: Microsoft Applications (Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint, Access, and Outlook) | McAfee
Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows: 95, 98, NT, 2000, and XP
Networking: TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, WINS, FTP, DSL/Cable, Hubs, Routers (Cisco IOS), Cabling, LAN/WAN