Employee Benefits Specialist Resume Sample
Phone # / Cell Phone #
EMPLOYEE BENEFITS SPECIALIST
Outstanding, competent, and performance-driven professional, offering wide experience in various aspects of human resources, including employee relations, benefits administration, regulatory compliance, and performance management. Recognized for implementing procedures that positively impact corporate profitability, employee satisfaction, and overall productivity. Known for keen attention to detail with adeptness in generating high-quality solutions that enhance efficiency of every accomplished task. Successful in developing core competence initiatives to drive organizational change and performance developments. Motivated self-starter and cooperative team player, with outstanding ability to comfortably converse with various individuals and groups; able to multitask in fast-paced environments. Articulate communicator and problem solver with big-picture vision, dynamic direction, and tenacity to make high-stake decisions through experience-backed judgment, strong work ethic, and irreproachable integrity. Proficient in using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) and other sales and organizational systems.
Employee / Labor Relations
Training and Development
Coaching and Counseling
COMPANY IJK, TURLOCK, CA
Benefits Administrator | 2014-2017
Managed day-to-day benefit administration, which included new hire orientation meetings as well as payroll and benefits systems update. Rendered assistance to benefit manager in creating HR policies and procedures as well as auditing group benefits databases for accuracy. Conducted weekly audits of benefit system to ensure employee eligibility and benefit information. Contributed in verifying discrepancies with regional HR manager, eventually communicating information to ADP and Payroll Department. Organized open enrollment meetings with each company and their multiple locations; incorporated ordering benefit information from selected vendors for distribution during open enrollment. Facilitated training classes for HR managers prior to employee meetings.
- Performed audits of monthly reports from COBRA administrator to ensure conformity with COBRA and HIPAA provisions.
- Served as a liaison for HR managers and employees with escalated billing and claim issues.
- Informed each regional HR manager on procedural or benefits changes.
- Initiated the writing of comprehensive and site-specific benefits guide to explain policy procedures and forms for accurate benefits administration, resulting in a cost savings through time efficiency in streamlined operations.
- Provided support to the benefits manager regarding 401(k) discrimination testing.
- Played a significant role in informing separated employees on outstanding 401(k) loans along with options to make their loans current.
- Applied applicable corrections in the payroll system, Enterprise.
- Reviewed employee compensations to ensure the company match was not applied to ineligible compensations.
LMN INSURANCE SERVICES, INC., GREENSBORO, NC
Group Employee Benefits Account Manager | 2005-2014
Oversaw all aspects of securing competitive quotes from carriers for medical, dental, group life, and disability plans. Assessed plans based on client’s needs and provided recommendation to producer. Provided support to producer in creating sales presentation and preparing for employee enrollment meetings. Assumed full responsibility for open enrollment benefit summaries and other applicable carrier information. Rendered assistance to producer in facilitating employee and new hire orientation meetings.
- Collaborated with carrier representative to ensure timely and accurate processing of client’s benefit plan.
- Conducted training to the Client HR Department on carrier administrator responsibilities to guarantee correct and precise eligibility information.
- Analyzed client’s first billing statement for accuracy.
- Developed and maintained professional rapport with client while continuously providing excellent customer service, including resolving billing issues and employee claims problems.
- Audited client’s daily benefit administration procedures to ensure its compliance with COBRA, HIPAA and ERISA provisions.
- Designed and implemented system to document client calls and maintain constant contact.
Claims Examiner, NOP MANAGEMENT SERVICES, GREENSBORO, NC
EDUCATION AND OTHER CREDENTIALS
Coursework toward Nursing Degree
PQR TECHNICAL INSTITUTION, WINSTON-SALEM, NC
North Carolina Life and Health License | Medicare Supplemental / LTC Licenses
Member, Triad Association of Health Underwriters (TAHU) in North Carolina