Fundraising Director Resume Sample
Phone # / Cell Phone #
Highly capable, versatile, and results-oriented professional with more than 25 years of combined experience in management and fundraising.
Demonstrate adeptness in planning events,conducting solicitation of major gifts and corporate sponsorships, and organizing capital campaigns for non-profit charities.
- Powered with strong and well-honed interpersonal and communication skills; critical and useful in handling negotiations with proven track record of securing large amounts of funds.
- Expert capability to devise, organize, and implement strategies toward attainment of target goals. Display confidence in decision making, with a professional outlook and a non-biased attitude enabling the accomplishment of challenges with a high degree of accuracy.
- Proficient with MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint); DonorPerfect Data Management Software; as well as Corel PaintShop and Video Studio.
- Pivotal contributor in the reorganization of the Essex County, NJ Civil Records Center in 1996, minimizing backlog filing from more than 9 months to under 48 hours in just under 4 months.
- Other Credentials: The Princeton Review Certified Teacher for Law School Admission Test (LSAT) and holder of a Top Secret (with SCI Access) Security Clearance.
Research Customer Service
Interpersonal, Communication, Negotiation, and Presentation Skills
Associate Executive Director | 2014-2018
Xyz Foundation, Doylestown, PA
- Provided expert oversight to the premier national senior wish granting charity’s fundraising operations.
- Managed daily operations of the information technology (IT) systems, composed of computers/printers (and accompanying software installation/maintenance), network server, wireless and telephone systems, and commercial copiers; handled all facilities management operations.
- Led the design, production, and maintenance of both paper and electronic office filing systems along with associated policy and procedures and form development for all daily business functions.
- Secured almost 23% worth of direct grants from more than $765K in corporate sponsorships, individual donations, product sales, fundraising events, or grants.
- Successfully raised over $125K by directly running events, such as galas, beef and beers, golf outings, promotional item selling, and many others, and by personally lobbying and speaking with various groups, such as Rotary International Clubs, HS Key Clubs, Civic Clubs, and others.
- Managed research, procurement, implementation, and training of staff on “DonorPerfect,” a business development software.
Manager, Network Contracting Unit | 2013-2014
Hijk Services, Newark, NJ
- Successfully negotiated more than 1,000 bills and secured more than $3M in savings for clients while in charge of negotiating settlements with hospitals and ancillary facilities.
New Jersey Director, Network Management | 2008-2012
Mnop Health Services, Parsippany, NJ
- Secured a dramatic network panel increase for each of my accounts such as 59% for Horizon, 192% for WellChoice, 179% for AmeriHealth NJ, and 146% for Aetna while swelling the overall network panel of active psychiatrists, psychologists, licensed clinical social workers, and advanced practice nurses in New Jersey by 33% to a record of 2,988 providers through development and implementation of innovative recruitment initiatives.
- Increased New Jersey provider confidence by 28% in the annual provider satisfaction survey through effective partnerships built through face-to-face meetings, speaking engagements, provider forums, and committee meetings.
- Successfully assembled and led a team that increased provider access by 52% without any increase in requirements of financial resources by restructuring the personnel functions, responsibilities, and job descriptions in the department for synergistic efficiencies.
Assistant Family Division Manager | 2004-2008
New Jersey Superior Court, Newark, NJ
UNITED STATES ARMY
Military Intelligence Company Commander, Wurzburg, Germany
Military Intelligence Battalion Logistics Officer (S4), Wurzburg, Germany
Armor Battalion Intelligence Officer (S2), Schweinfurt, Germany
Cavalry Troop Executive Officer and Platoon Leader, Fort Knox, KY, USA
Coursework toward Master of Business Administration: 2011
(Completed 50% of required credits)
University of PQR | Online
Bachelor of Arts in History, STUV College, Jersey City, NJ
Fundamentals of Fundraising (12-Week Course on Non-Profit Fundraising)
Villanova University, Villanova, PA, USA
Financial Management Training (Grant Writing and Budgeting)
U.S. Department of Justice, Office of Justice Programs, Washington, DC, USA
New Jersey Superior Court Management and Leadership Course, Newark, NJ, USA
Interviewing Techniques, Communication, Employee Discipline, Management Skills and Team Building
Technology Trends in the Courts, Newark, NJ, USA
Voice Response, Electronic Data Interchange, Document Management
Managing Human Resources, Newark, NJ, USA
Intensive Techniques, Communication, Employee Discipline, Management Skills and Team Building
Combined Arms Services Staff School (CAS) Certificate of Training
Decision Making, Advanced Writing, Personnel Management, Communication
U.S. Army Command and General Staff College, Fort Leavenworth, KS, USA
Unit Deployment Officer’s Course, Vilseck, Germany
Logistics, Transportation, Supply, and Services Company Commander’s Course, Vilseck, Germany
Community Relations, Counseling, Evaluation, Time Management, Interacting with Social Services Agencies, Managing Family Support Groups, Legal Procedures, Criminal Offenses, Database Management
Board Member, Twilight Wish Foundation: 2016-2018
Business Development Committee Chairman, Twilight Wish Foundation: 2013-2018
Member, Mid-Atlantic Association for Court Managers: 2004-2008