Government and Community Relations Director Resume Sample
Phone # / Cell Phone #
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
Seasoned and dynamic management professional with more than 25 years of background in managing political affairs as well as maintaining communication within state and federal governments. Demonstrate expertise in communicating messages to appropriate levels within the organization to ensure overall efficiency and goals achievement. Possess strong interpersonal skills with proven integrity to successfully operate in multicultural environment. Proficient in preparing high-level executive correspondence and material for external meetings, public events, and hearings. Thrive in working both independently and in collaborative environment. Experienced in managing multiple priorities, crisis situations and of overcoming complex business challenges and assuming full responsibility in making high-stake decisions.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Community Relations / Public Affairs
- Issues Management
- Interpersonal Skills
- Multitasking Skills
- Leadership Ability
- Project / Program Development
- Organization And Crisis Management
The Port Authority
Director, Government and Community Relations | Nov 2015-Present
- Manage all intergovernmental relations with New Jersey and New York federal, state, local elected officials.
- Rapidly respond and effectively communicate to elected officials all incidents and issues encountered within the Port Authority.
- Supervise planning, development, and execution of federal and state legislative agenda.
- Build and maintain all ongoing relationships with communities and individuals within the 25-mile Port District region.
- Establish and supervise outreach programs designed to “host communities” for Port Authority facilities and projects.
- Monitor contract of federal government affairs agent, including prioritizing of agenda and formulating political strategy to advance Port Authority’s federal legislative goals, funding, and regulatory policies.
- Collaborate with New Jersey and New York Congressional delegations on agency issues and priorities including annual appropriations requests.
- Work with chairman, senior management, media relations, and marketing partners on long-term strategic planning and messaging for agency issues, programs, and public events.
- Preside over a department with staff of 15 and annual budget of $3.6M.
Abc Company, Trenton, NJ
Lobbyist, Government Relations and Legislative Lobbying | Oct 2013-Nov 2015
- Provided strategic counsel and represented clients’ interests to members of New Jersey State Legislature and state executive branch agencies.
- Focused work and specialized in transportation portfolio, including clients from major engineering firms, retail, and real estate development firms.
Cde Company, Ewing, NJ
Assistant Commissioner, Government and Community Relations | May 2012-Sep 2013
- Responsibly created and implemented all policy, program, political, public relations, and media strategies as an active member of NJDOT senior management team under Commissioners James P. Fox and Jack Lettiere.
- Established and deepened relationships and communications between NJDOT and federal state, county, and local elected officials.
- Supervised division staff of 25, which constituted the Office of Community Relations, Office of Legislative Liaison, Office of Commissioner’s Correspondence, and Commissioner’s Office; administered annual division budget of $84K.
Deputy Chief of Staff | Feb 2010-May 2012
- Orchestrated the NJDOT senior management team responsible for creation and implementation of all policy, program, political, personnel issues, public relations, and media strategies; served as liaison between the Governor’s Office and the Cabinet Department staff.
- Responsibly planned and implemented commissioner’s schedule.
- Supervised a team of 12 members within the Commissioner’s Office.
Efg Company, Philadelphia, PA
Program Director | Jun 2007-Feb 2009
- Organized the International Science and Technology Awards Program, an annual prestigious program bestowing the Benjamin Franklin and Bower Medals (considered to be predictors of the Nobel Prizes) to recognize world-renowned scientists and business leaders.
- Assumed full responsibilities in the coordination of the nomination and selection process of award winners; collaborated with the Development and Communications departments on event planning, production, and promotion of the annual awards ceremony.
- Acted as liaison officer to the Committee on Science and the Arts and volunteered for group of area scientists from academia and business and industry, which researched and selected the recipients of the Benjamin Franklin Medals; performed a wide array of duties that included management of all communication to the Committee members, arrangement of monthly meetings, and liaison tasks to the CS&A Executive Committee.
- Addressed and responded to all inquiries concerning the awards program and the Benjamin Franklin National Memorial.
Program Assistant | Jun 2007-Apr 2008
- Assisted the Vice President of The Franklin Center in the management of the International Science and Technology Awards Program, the Benjamin Franklin Medals, and the Bower Medals; collaborated in the creation and production of the Annual Awards Ceremony Program.
- Rendered support in editorial duties for The Journal of the Franklin Institute, a scholarly publication in the discipline of electrical engineering.
Hij Company, Philadelphia, PA
Garde Manger | 2006
Jkl Company, Philadelphia, PA
Line Cook | 2004-2006
Mno Company, Cherry Hill, NJ
Apprentice | 2003-2004
Opq Services, Bala Cynwyd, PA
Executive Assistant to Vice President of Sales and Marketing | 2003
Office of the Governor,(City, State)
Executive Assistant to Governor | 1998-2002
Aide to the Governor-Elect | 1997-1998
U.S. House of Representatives (City State)
Director of Scheduling | 1995-1997
Constituent Service Aide | 1991-1995
Bachelor of Arts in English
RST University, Camden College of Arts and Sciences – Camden, NJ
Associate of Arts in Specialized Training, Emphasis in Culinary Arts
The Restaurant School – Philadelphia, PA
Member, New Jersey SEED Board of Trustees
Member, New Jersey Alliance for Action
Member, New Jersey Women’s Political Caucus
Member, National Women’s Political Caucus
Former Ex-Officio Member, Battleship USS New Jersey Board of Directors
Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Access)