Health and Fitness Manager Resume Sample
Phone # / Cell Phone #
Enthusiastic, energetic, and dynamic fitness professional, offering more than seven years of extensive experience in fitness program management and development, complemented with broad knowledge of strength and conditioning exercises. Thrive at developing intensive six to seven weeks wellness programs. Equipped with expertise on various disciplines, including but not limited to payroll administration, training and development, and creative incentive program management. Innovative and creative communicator, with a positive, can-do attitude and genuine compassion to others. Certified instructor with a well-deserved reputation for motivating clients and enhancing health and fitness experience.
Areas of Expertise
- Health and Fitness Management
- Fitness & Wellness Program Administration
- Program and Organizational Development
- Time Management and Prioritization
- Client Service and Satisfaction
- Staff Supervision and Motivation
- Successfully developed and conducted a six-week introduction to exercise program, seven-week stress management program, and six-week musculoskeletal program to target various health concerns; achieved more than 90% satisfaction rate of programs, at least 80% report adding exercise, decreasing stress, and minimizing injuries after the program.
- Effectively coordinated a 10-week weight loss program and 3-month follow-up sessions; obtained an average weight loss of six pounds by overseeing the program five times and covering topics, such as stress, portions, exercise, and eating out.
- Provided assistance in directing a wellness program for more than 450 employees, offering medical discount to participants; drove initiative to increase participation, resulting to decreased health care cost.
- Directly supervised nutrition internship program for four interns by providing instructions and delegating tasks to be completed.
Fitness Program Management and Development
- Formulated and executed specially designed exercise programs, such as personalized trainings and individualized workouts.
- Displayed expertise in developing and facilitating aerobic classes, to include conditioning, kickboxing, plyometric, sports conditioning, and spinning.
- Administered fitness evaluation and assessments; devised individualized exercise prescriptions.
- Conceptualized and implemented fitness incentive programs, such as recruitment of at least 50 participants to each game out of 400 members.
- Rendered support to members in performing their customized workouts.
- Provided instructions on floor workouts and abdominal exercises.
Administrative Functions and Fitness Program Administration
- Distributed and published quarterly health newsletters and monthly e-newsletters on various health topics.
- Designed and carried out presentations as well as bulletin boards on numerous health-related topics, including exercise, stress, and diseases.
- Provided assistance to members as part of delivering exemplary customer service.
- Maintained a conducive environment through observing cleanliness at all times .
- Performed a wide array of office duties, including managing payroll, carrying out organizational tasks, and reporting monthly to client liaison as well as regional vice president.
- Established and cultivated positive customer relationships through excellent customer service and performance of duties.
- Honed technical expertise through actively participating in conferences and continuing education opportunities.
Health Fitness Professional, Fgh Corporation /Hij FitnessCenter:Wayne,NJ | Oct 2013–Present
Exercise Specialist Intern, Expert Fitness:Westfield,MA | Jan 2013–May 2013
Exercise Physiologist Intern, Klm BioFitnessCenter:Cambridge,MA | Jan 2011–May 2011
Accounts Payable Assistant, SGS:Rutherford,NJ | Mno Employment: NEC Financial Services,Teaneck,NJ | May 2012–Aug 2012
Master of Science in Exercise Science and Health, with Concentration in Applied Exercise Science: 2013
ABC College | Springfield, MA (GPA 3.6)
Bachelor of Science in Clinical Exercise Physiology: 2011
CDE University | Boston, MA
ACE Certified Personal Trainer
Johnny G Level 3 Certified Spinning Instructor
Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
First Aid Certified
National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA)
Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) │ HTML