Laboratory Assistant Resume Sample
Phone # / Cell Phone #
Dedicated, detail-oriented, and highly skilled professional, with commendable medical experience in an office setting. Powered with comprehensive knowledge of histology, immunohistochemistry, and histochemistry as well as special stains based on every standard operating procedures. Passionate in blending innovative technology and traditional methods for diagnosis. Extremely capable of multitasking in fiercely competitive, challenging, and fast-paced environments while juggling multiple priorities.
Areas of Expertise
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Patient Care Administration
- Special Stains/H&E Stains
- Microwave Processing
- Presentation Skills
Technical Proficiency: Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, Data Entry
Associate of Science in Histology
National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences (NAACLS) Accredited Program
Abc University | Orlando, FL
Associate of Science in Medical Assisting | Registered Medical Assistant
Bcd University | Orlando, FL
American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP) Certified Histotechnician with Florida License
Basic Phlebotomy Certificate
Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR), First Aid
Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) Certified
CDE ASSOCIATES, INC. | Kissimmee, FL
Medical Assistant and Front Office/Referral Coordinator | 2008-Present
- Render efficient service in collecting several referrals for patients needing test or office visits.
- Manage and organize schedule of patient for outpatient diagnostic testing.
- Arrange calendar of seven physicians and two nurse practitioners for five offices and hospitals.
- Provide efficient assistance with room preparation, vitals, electrocardiogram (EKG), and blood draws.
- Apply superior interpersonal skills in regularly interacting with patients, insurance companies, and medical personnel.
- Played a pivotal role in obtaining authorizations for test from insurance companies and primary care office.
- Received numerous accolades and commendations from employees, office manager and doctors, ARNPs, and patients.
- Ensured timely and accurate completion of assigned tasks.
- Independently learned how to use the company’s computer system and obtained clinical expertise through comprehensive experience in general procedures.