Legal Compliance Officer Resume Sample
Phone # / Cell Phone #
LEGAL COMPLIANCE OFFICER
Competent, analytical, and experienced legal professional with more than 15 years of solid and progressive track record in handling diverse areas of law; backed with strong background in document review, corporate law, real estate, compliance, international law and corporate governance.
Demonstrate adeptness in collecting, organizing, and analyzing data, including state statues, judicial decisions and legal articles, codes, and documents. Experienced in providing direction to staff in all aspects of corporate and legal functions to ensure smooth operations in the law office.
- Master of Laws in Corporate Law and Finance (LLM) with comprehensive working knowledge of various legal, administrative, and clerical functions.
- Detail-oriented and keen in preparing legal documents, including pleadings, contracts, and real estate closings and affidavits with high degree of precision.
- Well-versed and updated on legal issues with the ability to handle sensitive information and counseling.
- Well-developed communication skills demonstrated through professional verbal and writing abilities in both English and Swahili languages, including excellent spelling and grammar; strong client relations skills and the ability to produce in-depth reports and correspondence.
- Consistently commended by superiors, clients and staff for excellent job performance and timely completion of all assignments.
- Licensed as practicing attorney for 8 years in the State of New York and 10 years in Kenya
- INTERNATIONAL LAW
- LEGAL DOCUMENTS PREPARATION AND EDITING
- EXCELLENT UNDERWRITING AND PRESENTATION SKILLS
- SCHEDULING/WORKFLOW MANAGEMENT
- LITIGATION AND RISK MANAGEMENT
- LEADERSHIP, COACHING, AND ADMINISTRATION
- IN-DEPTH RESEARCH AND DOCUMENTATION
- CORPORATE AND LEGAL MANAGEMENT
COMPANY XYZ | Bear, DE, USA
Owner, Consulting Service and International Sales | 2016–Present
Manage the quality and on-time delivery of independent consulting service for contract reviews, document retention and organization, with focus on real estate sales.
- Provided excellent recommendations to the Legal Department; reviewed, proofread, and edited legal documents and correspondence.
- Successfully established own company and sold industrial products into East Africa and United States.
COMPANY WXY | West Chester, PA, USA
Loan Review Documentation Specialist | 2014-2016
Ensured that business entities had the requisite power and legal authority to enter in the loan construction through comprehensive review of trusts, by-laws, certificates of incorporation/organization, and all applicable resolutions.
- Researched and obtained necessary documents through public records to prepare accurate loan documents as well as offer effective advice to address complex title issues.
- Completed the preparation of monthly compliance reports on time for submission to the Board of Directorsc| Mount Laurel, NJ, USA
Title Examiner | 2012-2014
- Met stringent underwriting standards and fulfilled all needed requirements in developing loan documents based on thoroughly analyzed and validated public documents.
- Issued final policies after careful review of loan post close documents that strictly complied with all underwriting requirements.
- Handled review of title commitments, clearance of title issues, as well as scheduling and coordination of loan closings.
COMPANY UVW | Nairobi, Kenya
CHIEF LEGAL OFFICER/GENERAL COUNSEL | 2002-2009
Oversaw all legal, contract management, compliance, and administration of all corporate staff functions, including human resources, contracts administration, purchasing, and facilities.
- Provided expert leadership and supervision to the Legal Department on the selection and management of outside counsel, litigation management, and risk management.
- Conceptualized and instituted records policies and management procedures as well as developed records retention schedule, yielding workflow improvements and efficiency among records management personnel.
- Offered appropriate recommendations to the executive management, the Board, and subsidiary of Boards as well as provided legal support and business counsel to subsidiary business units.
- Established and cultivated profitable partnerships, strong board relations, powerful internal and external alliances while implementing strategic business-growth initiatives.
- Contributed in the privatization and restructuring of a telecommunications company that created a landline and mobile company that went to IPO.
Master of Law in Corporate Law and Finance (LLM): 2011
ABC University | Wilmington, DE, USA
Bachelor of Laws (LLB): 1999
DEF University | Nairobi, Kenya
International Contract Negotiation Training, IDLI: 1996 | Rome, Italy
- Variety of computer and automated systems, including word processing, research tools, and legal terminologies
- LexisNexis and Summation
- Microsoft Office (Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
International Federation of Women Lawyers
International Chamber of Arbitrators London
Chartered Institute of Arbitrators